Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does your fix keep EA in the dark about the expansions being pirated?[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Does your fix keep EA in the dark about the expansions being pirated?[SOLVED] Empty Does your fix keep EA in the dark about the expansions being pirated?[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 18 Sep 2013, 22:30

:newfag: Please excuse any rambling.

You see, I got the Origen Humble Bundle, and was considering using your downloads for getting a couple of expansions I'm interested in...  But the last time I torrented Sims 3, from you guys btw, and I got several letters from my ISP about EA contacting them concerning my IP address updating games that had illegitimate CD keys, listing the Sims 3, and each and every expansion I had installed.  And I was so about to have my inventor/Military couple whoo-hoo in a time machine.

*sigh*

Anyway, I've got a legit copy of the base game, and two expansions.  What I'm wondering is if EA will be able to tell if the expansions have been pirated, though I have a legit copy of the base game?

Back to top Go down

Does your fix keep EA in the dark about the expansions being pirated?[SOLVED] Empty Re: Does your fix keep EA in the dark about the expansions being pirated?[SOLVED]

Post by Dracos66 Wed 18 Sep 2013, 22:40

Ive been playing wthe Sims3 with our releases for a  couple of years now and have yet to hear even a peep out of my ISP (bloody Comcast) about updating illegal expansions. Of course I do use the manual update patches instead of letting the game install the patches. I do however let the launcher update the store patches from EA, so you should be safe also. Comcast is the worst for issueing "pirated" warnings here in the states, but as I said I have yet to recieve a letter from them over any of our releases.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Does your fix keep EA in the dark about the expansions being pirated?[SOLVED] Empty Re: Does your fix keep EA in the dark about the expansions being pirated?[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 18 Sep 2013, 22:45

That could be why I got it. I updated via the launcher. Also the download may go faster if I did it manually. EA has the SLOWEST update servers, evar.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Wed 18 Sep 2013, 22:46

Everything about EA is slow...lmao
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Sep 2013, 22:50

I know, right?  Trying to finish the install of The Old Republic, and it's taking literally forever!  I'm serious.  I had my computer on for about eight hours, while I slept, and it had only gotten a quarter of the way done.  Anyway, will be doing manual downloads, from here on out, after I get things torrented.  Thank you for your advice, sir.

And yes, it was Comcast, I had at the time, that sent me a note.  Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 19 Sep 2013, 11:22

Hello,

Good to hear that answers your question.
Don't hesitate to post if you have questione or problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top