Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Sims 3 base game folder? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No Sims 3 base game folder? [SOLVED] Empty No Sims 3 base game folder? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 17 Aug 2013, 01:07

So I'm not sure what I've done wrong. I've literally done everything the instructions for the Ultimate Fix say to do, and I get this really strange error. I think it's because I have a retail copy of the base game and Generations, but the games4theworld version of the other expansion packs. 
My game is updated and everything should be working, but for unknown reasons to me, it isn't.

See, I used to have a windows 7, but that computer was really old and I needed to upgrade. Now I'm on a windows 8. I'm still trying to get used to it and I had no problems installing all of the expansion packs and all of that good stuff, but when I try to put the crack for the ultimate fix in, this happens.

No Sims 3 base game folder? [SOLVED] Tumblr_inline_mrnc10iPE31qz4rgp
Like I don't have the folder to put it in. I think it's because it's a retail copy, or maybe I'm wrong. I've checked, and there's no folder for the base game in Program Files. I have every expansion and stuff pack (aside from 70s, 80s, and 90s because no thanks) all installed, and they're all there. I have the files I was supposed to put in the bin for all of them in there, so I'm just really confused.
Someone please explain this to me, or let me know if I'm doing something wrong. 

I've read and done everything else I'm supposed to do when installing the sims, have done everything else for the ultimate fix, it's just getting the crack on because I apparently don't have the folder for it. 
I just wanna get my sim on, man.

Thanks so much in advance!!

Back to top Go down

No Sims 3 base game folder? [SOLVED] Empty Re: No Sims 3 base game folder? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 17 Aug 2013, 16:20

pocketmonkeyhampster wrote:So I'm not sure what I've done wrong. I've literally done everything the instructions for the Ultimate Fix say to do, and I get this really strange error. I think it's because I have a retail copy of the base game and Generations, but the games4theworld version of the other expansion packs. 
My game is updated and everything should be working, but for unknown reasons to me, it isn't.

See, I used to have a windows 7, but that computer was really old and I needed to upgrade. Now I'm on a windows 8. I'm still trying to get used to it and I had no problems installing all of the expansion packs and all of that good stuff, but when I try to put the crack for the ultimate fix in, this happens.

No Sims 3 base game folder? [SOLVED] Tumblr_inline_mrnc10iPE31qz4rgp
Like I don't have the folder to put it in. I think it's because it's a retail copy, or maybe I'm wrong. I've checked, and there's no folder for the base game in Program Files. I have every expansion and stuff pack (aside from 70s, 80s, and 90s because no thanks) all installed, and they're all there. I have the files I was supposed to put in the bin for all of them in there, so I'm just really confused.
Someone please explain this to me, or let me know if I'm doing something wrong. 

I've read and done everything else I'm supposed to do when installing the sims, have done everything else for the ultimate fix, it's just getting the crack on because I apparently don't have the folder for it. 
I just wanna get my sim on, man.

Thanks so much in advance!!
Hello,

Have you tried re-installing just the base game again ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

No Sims 3 base game folder? [SOLVED] Empty Re: No Sims 3 base game folder? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 17 Aug 2013, 20:49

gosh, i feel so stupid! lol, i failed to realize that since i had the base game through origin i needed to put the crack in this folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

Thank you soo much though!

Moderator edit: I didn't think of Origin, because you didn't mention it in your post. But I'm glad to hear that it worked out for you ! OK, topic closed.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top