Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The setup cannot detect any version of TS3 and requires a prev version to be installed?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The setup cannot detect any version of TS3 and requires a prev version to be installed? Empty The setup cannot detect any version of TS3 and requires a prev version to be installed?

Post by Guest Sat 24 Aug 2013, 07:46

Short story: trying to update from a non original 1.631.00002 to either 1.2.7 or 1.8.25 when it gives me that the setup cannot detect any version of TS3 and requires a prev version to be installed. i tried ultimate fix and doing a clean uninstall and none of it works. i have no intention is downloading the 1 GB 1.55.4 patch. if there's no solution to this then is there's any other way to install custom content? cause i've tried using the normal usual steps for cc and the game crashes after the first loading screen.
-
Long story: Hello. so, my hard drive broke down and bro gave me his whole computer (way better) but since he still hasn't copied all his data out of his hard drive, he gave me a 150(160?)GB hard drive for the time being (it's **** and small, before you say it). ( he didn't have time cause he lives in another home and he has to go before curfew of which is 7 pm. i live in egypt and we have revolutions and stuffs.) on my dead hard drive, i had all expansions including base game downloaded from this website's torrents (Thank you!) buuut now it's gone. So since the sound card cannot be detected either by installation CD, there is no game i can bear playing without sounds except this. so i rummaged through my CDs and found the good old CD of sims 3 that my Censored  sister's fiance bought me and didn't know it was cracked (modified?). (i still appreciate the thought, though.) Which was the main reason of me trying to find a solution and giving up and downloading games4world TS3+WA torrent. but since this is a temporary hard drive i don't wanna waste time downloading a 5GB game since that'll take a day + few more hours. So i inserted the CD and installed it. ver.1.615. and went to a site of which i can't mention it's link apparently but anyway it had instructions to turn the game to razor retail version up until version 1.8.25,  and followed every single step. but when it comes to updating it to either 1.2.7 or 1.8.25 from my now 1.631.00002, it gives me that the setup cannot detect any version of TS3 and requires a prev version to be installed....what could be prev than 1.631.00002? i downloaded the ultimate fix of which didn't work, did a clean uninstall with cleaning registry, deleting docs and what's left from the installation folder and still didn't work. i have no intention of downloading a 1GB super patch or whatever it's called mentioned in here, even more now that i read on this site as well that it didn't work for that someone. i don't want to risk 12 hours of my life while i can give 12 more and download the base game which i know will work. i do have in mind that i will reeeedoooownloaaad aaaaaall the expansions and stuff aaaaall oooover aaagain, but that's when bro gives me his hard drive. i hope there's a solution to this and if not, i'll just play my boring game until bro fixes me the sound card so i could play all the other awesome games and forget about this one. Thanks in Advance :3

Back to top Go down

The setup cannot detect any version of TS3 and requires a prev version to be installed? Empty Re: The setup cannot detect any version of TS3 and requires a prev version to be installed?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 24 Aug 2013, 11:23

Hello,

So from what I understand, you were given a (cracked ?) CD version of the base game, and then you installed that. But you can't seem to update the game now - is that correct ?

From your description, this sounds like the game was somehow modified, which means that sooner or later you will have to download the games from "Games4TheWorld" (at least I recommed that) PLUS the 1.55 patch.

And please, try not to use swearwords here, even if you are frustrated. Wink 

Last edited by Carlos G. on Sat 24 Aug 2013, 17:47; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The setup cannot detect any version of TS3 and requires a prev version to be installed? Empty Re: The setup cannot detect any version of TS3 and requires a prev version to be installed?

Post by Guest Sat 24 Aug 2013, 17:26

Ah, Thanks for the reply and sowwie for that, it wasn't a swear word actually but anyway, i knew i'd have to re download it.. i'll just go on until i get my computer fixed and then i'll do so.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 28 Aug 2013, 09:39

EpicBunny wrote:Ah, Thanks for the reply and sowwie for that, it wasn't a swear word actually but anyway, i knew i'd have to re download it.. i'll just go on until i get my computer fixed and then i'll do so.
Hello,

Is your problem resolved? Anything we can help you with?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top