Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Setup has detected that no version of sims 3 has been installed

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Setup has detected that no version of sims 3 has been installed Empty Setup has detected that no version of sims 3 has been installed

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 08:35

Good evening! So as I was trying to fix my << sims 3 service initialization failed >> problem, by doing the first step of the ultimate fix, I ended up falling on a second problem! ( I am kind of starting to get pissed off with all this... ) So I double click on my Sims 3 patch, the installer starts to prepare, then... << setup has detected that no version of sims 3 has been installed >> ! Awww yes!

No I mean really, it's kind of depressing. I just got the game.

So here are so facts I think I need to underline:

- I downloaded my main client and the DLCs from Steam
- I have The Sims 3 Pets and Katy's Perry Sweet Treats
- I never got to play the game, as soon as I opened it, I got the service initialization failed issue
- I got a random blue screen while I was installing the game. It never ever happened before, my computer is brand new. When it happened, my computer restarted but Steam << kept >> my download ( it was at 68% ) and I was able to start from where my computer crashed once it restarted. I think it might be the problem, so I am reinstalling the game right now to see how it will go.

Well, still, in case reinstalling will not fix it, I'd like to know what to do.
Thank you, now I'm going to rest while my game is installing

Exie

Back to top Go down

Setup has detected that no version of sims 3 has been installed Empty Re: Setup has detected that no version of sims 3 has been installed

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 08:46

One question:
Do you have the Sims 3 Base Game?

Back to top Go down

Setup has detected that no version of sims 3 has been installed Empty Re: Setup has detected that no version of sims 3 has been installed

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 15:05

Reinstalling may fix your issue. If it doesn't come back and let us know what's going on and we'll be sure to help you with whatever it is.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 28 Dec 2012, 12:40

Hello,

That's caused by your base game being a Steam version. That's a special situation. The patch and the EP's don't recognize your base game since it's from Steam, so it's not going to work, unfortunately. The only solution is to either download a (our) base game, or have your Steam base game converted to an Origin game by contacting EA customer service.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 28 Dec 2012, 14:19

Lady ElDi wrote:(...) or have your Steam base game converted to an Origin game by contacting EA customer service.
What? That's even possible?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 28 Dec 2012, 16:48

Admin wrote:
Lady ElDi wrote:(...) or have your Steam base game converted to an Origin game by contacting EA customer service.
What? That's even possible?

Yup, it is. Theoretically Laughing
It's the same process as when someone scratches their disk. They only need to have that particular game registered, as far as I know. It's the kind of thing you'd do if you had a Steam base and got an EP on disk for Christmas, birthday, whatever. Or when you want to install a pirated EP. Though I bet they won't like that Razz

Oh when I wanted to look up an article, it turns out it's much easier than that. If you register your game, log onto Origin, and uninstall the Steam version, you're supposed to be able to redeem it in Origin's activation page. If that doesn't work, contact customer support.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top