Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This product requires an installed version of The Sims 3 - help please

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This product requires an installed version of The Sims 3 - help please Empty This product requires an installed version of The Sims 3 - help please

Post by Guest Wed 25 Dec 2013, 19:35

Apologies if this has been posted before, I couldn't find a solution after searching through the forums. I just purchased The Sims 3 base game from the Steam sale, installed it, everything runs fine. I downloaded the torrents for Seasons and University Life and when I try and run the set up for either it says "This product requires an installed version of The Sims 3" I'm not sure how to get past this, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back to top Go down

This product requires an installed version of The Sims 3 - help please Empty Re: This product requires an installed version of The Sims 3 - help please

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 25 Dec 2013, 21:17

arrestedonaroof wrote:Apologies if this has been posted before, I couldn't find a solution after searching through the forums. I just purchased The Sims 3 base game from the Steam sale, installed it, everything runs fine. I downloaded the torrents for Seasons and University Life and when I try and run the set up for either it says "This product requires an installed version of The Sims 3" I'm not sure how to get past this, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you spent money, but you cannot use the (bought) Steam game alongside torrented games. Wat.

If you want to use pirated stuff, un-install this Steam game again. Then, go to Piratebay and type into the search prompt "Games4TheWorld" - that will bring up all G4TW downloads. Then, look for the torrent called "The Sims 3" (= that's the the base game).

Install the games, following this guide here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Good luck and let me know if you need any further help !

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

This product requires an installed version of The Sims 3 - help please Empty Re: This product requires an installed version of The Sims 3 - help please

Post by Guest Wed 25 Dec 2013, 21:37

Ah man, that sucks. Can I at least preserve my saves somehow?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 26 Dec 2013, 08:30

arrestedonaroof wrote:Ah man, that sucks. Can I at least preserve my saves somehow?

I'm not sure how the Steam version works in this respect, but in all other "versions" your user data - including saves, mods, custom content, etc. - is located in My Documents/Electronic Arts. So if you have such a folder there called "The Sims 3", then you may back it up somewhere.

Later on, if you re-install the pirated games, copy the folder back to where it was originally. Start the game and see if the old saves show up.

Maybe anotehr Helper knows more about the Steam version though. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top