Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"The setup has detected that no version of The Sims 3 is installed" - HELP!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"The setup has detected that no version of The Sims 3 is installed" - HELP! Empty "The setup has detected that no version of The Sims 3 is installed" - HELP!

Post by Guest Fri 15 Aug 2014, 22:27

Hello,

I had problems with The Sims 3 repeatedly minimizing whenever it started up. I went here, and someone suggested installing the Ultimate Fix. I have the base game, Pets, and Supernatural, all bought through Steam. I've followed each step of the process up until where you are supposed to use the manual installer for the most recent version of the Sims (step 11). Whenever I try to open the downloaded file (from MEGA), a message appears saying this topic's message, along with "This update requires that a previous version of the application be installed". It closes afterwards.

I could understand if this was because I've bought the game through Steam, causing some files to be in different places, but the Sims 3 Launcher I access through Steam also says, "The installation is incomplete and the Sims cannot run. Please reinstall and try again". It closes immediately. I haven't cancelled any updates or downloads mid-process; does anyone know how to fix my problem? All I need to do is have accessibility to the launcher or manual update, what's wrong with my game?

I've also watched the instructional video several times and haven't spotted anything I've done wrong. I have not proceeded to the #Crack part, as I cannot update and I thought I'd post here beforehand.

PS: I have my Saves folder copied onto the desktop, so hopefully my saves will be fine in the end.  :newfag:

Back to top Go down

"The setup has detected that no version of The Sims 3 is installed" - HELP! Empty Re: "The setup has detected that no version of The Sims 3 is installed" - HELP!

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug 2014, 18:06

Hello,
Unfortunately, our torrents will not work with a base game from Steam...
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Back to top Go down

"The setup has detected that no version of The Sims 3 is installed" - HELP! Empty Re: "The setup has detected that no version of The Sims 3 is installed" - HELP!

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug 2014, 18:12

Oh no! If I reinstall everything, will I still be able to put my saves back in the newly-set up game?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug 2014, 18:24

Why re install?
I think if you install the base game from our site, then transfer your save files, it should be fine!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug 2014, 20:52

Okay, I'll try that. Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug 2014, 21:00

Please tell us how it went.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 17 Aug 2014, 22:34

Hello there,

You can back up your savegames here: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3(\Saves)
Do it as follows: 

1. Uninstall The Sims 3 Steam version.
2. Restart PC.
3. Reinstall Games4theworld base game version, following these steps: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
4. Your game should work fine now.

Good luck and please let us know the result!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Aug 2014, 03:41

I haven't even got to #1 of the steps listed and I'm already feeling nervous. The " Daemon Tools Lite " used to start the download has placed several threats onto my computer, which I allowed at first, but then removed. I don't exactly know what to say, but I am waiting for the moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Aug 2014, 04:26

I personally use Magicdisc instead of deamon tools(which makes my brain hurt) its simple and its free.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Aug 2014, 04:41

As of now, I am reinstalling the Sims 3 on steam and am going to put more work into looking at other forums' suggestions, etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Aug 2014, 20:28

Suit yourself.
But I doubt you can make it work with any other torrent...
Good luck anyway!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 22 Aug 2014, 01:20

Bluebell94 wrote:As of now, I am reinstalling the Sims 3 on steam and am going to put more work into looking at other forums' suggestions, etc.
Hi there,

The problem with the Steam version is that your PC doesn't recognize it as a separately installed game.
For example, if you search your programs list, you probably won't find "The Sims 3", because it's simply not there. Origin games, however, are detected by your system.

You can always "fool" your PC by tweaking the Registry, so it does recognize the Steam version, but I don't recommend doing that, as it might cause problems in the future. Downloading a torrent doesn't have to take longer than a reinstallation via Steam - which also means re-downloading the game from the Steam servers - if you have your Bittorrent client configured correctly: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t11496-how-to-speed-up-fix-utorrent-downloads-guide

Either way, if you need any kind of assistance, please let us know! Wink
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top