Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CTD- The Sims 3 has stopped working.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CTD- The Sims 3 has stopped working. Empty CTD- The Sims 3 has stopped working.

Post by Guest Sun 25 Aug 2013, 14:52

Hi,

I have recently downloaded the Sims 3 and all related Stuff Packs/Expansion Packs from Games4theWorld. I followed the instructions in: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

I started playing and was ecstatic about the new game! Unfortunately, after about 10-20 minutes it crashed to the desktop with a message saying "The Sims 3 has stopped working." I tried all the solutions here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-14-07-2013

Although, the "Sims3LauncherW" file in the game bin would not add to the DEP list for the base game or any of the expansion packs. I repeated the 1.55 patch and the Ultimate fix.

When this did not work (the game worked for longer periods after the patch, but it started fluctuating more towards 10 minute periods of functioning pretty soon after. I tried reinstalling the whole thing in the same way, with all the same solutions recommended on the page listed above. I also deleted the following cache files from C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3:
-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

I have still not been able to get the game to stop crashing. Although, it now works intermittently for 30 minutes or more. Is there something else I can do? I have a NVIDA Geforce GT 740M graphics card, a 2.4GHz processor, 64-bit Windows 8, and 8GB of RAM. I don't have any mods or custom content.

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

CTD- The Sims 3 has stopped working. Empty Re: CTD- The Sims 3 has stopped working.

Post by J.T. Sun 25 Aug 2013, 16:07

Hello,

While I still do not know what causes your problem, can you rename this folder: C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3? If this doesn't work, I suggest you have a look at this.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top