Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"There was an error during startup. Please see the log for more details" error. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"There was an error during startup. Please see the log for more details" error. [SOLVED] Empty "There was an error during startup. Please see the log for more details" error. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 08 Feb 2013, 01:30

Hi there.

I have installed the sims 3 and all of your expansions up to seasons, haven't got to the stuff packs as our internet is slow, and installed them according to the instructions on this site. However, after installing seasons, every time I try to run the launcher as a test, i get an error and the launcher closes, the dialogue box pops up and says "There was an error during startup. Please see the log for more details".

I've tried using your manual patch and ultimate fix after installing seasons, but it doesn't seem to make a difference, and it's only upon installing seasons - this is without cracking any of the games until the manual patch and ultimate fix.

I'm relatively computer/sims savvy and am used to cracking, modding and acquiring games whilst avoiding spending money, so I'm trying some different methods in the mean time to having this question answered, but I've probably installed/uninstalled the whole lot 4 or 5 times now lol so it's getting rather tedious.

Is there something vital that I've missed during the installation? (That would be me summed up in one sentence)

As I've said, I'm trying some different methods and rechecking during this installation so if the problem is solved before I get a reply I will post the solution in here for others having the same problem.

If either I can't fix it or I can't find solutions, I'll just have to lump it and leave seasons out until I can stop this error.

Thanks in advance for any advice received.

Mello

**EDIT: Checked the log and it's completely blank anyhow, and it's also having this error with every single expansion now.

Last edited by Admin on Tue 12 Feb 2013, 21:52; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding in extra info)

Back to top Go down

"There was an error during startup. Please see the log for more details" error. [SOLVED] Empty Re: "There was an error during startup. Please see the log for more details" error. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Fri 08 Feb 2013, 22:40

Hello,

Seen you're relatively computer savy, try this, please: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t6052-error-during-startup-see-log-for-more-details-fix
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

"There was an error during startup. Please see the log for more details" error. [SOLVED] Empty Re: "There was an error during startup. Please see the log for more details" error. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 09 Feb 2013, 00:59

LOL knew I'd missed it somewhere

Thanks

EDIT: Thought so, fixed the registry last night as a last ditch effort to install them today, there's heaps of folders for the sims scattered around the whole thing, so it was a bit of a mission. Glad I know it should definitely work now.

Last edited by MelloxDrama on Sat 09 Feb 2013, 01:01; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding stuff)

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 10 Feb 2013, 10:32

Hello,

Please let us know the final result.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Feb 2013, 10:44

Hello,

I have SIMS 3 original version and bought 5 disks of expansion pack,
which should have included also SIMS 3 - cracked. I installed all 5
disks, and followed their instructions to launch the game. When trying
to launch it said that no base game installed - I then installed the
original SIMS 3 and used your update and copied ultimate fix. After
the update I got the message that the game was updated successfully.
The game starts, but without any expansion packs. When I restarted the
PC there was the effort to update the origin, but it failed = error
message.

Could you, pls, suggest how this could be fixed?

Thank you.

Ester

Mod edit: Color edited, text was unreadable without highlighting it.

- Lady ElDi

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 10 Feb 2013, 10:58

Ester wrote:Hello,

I have SIMS 3 original version and bought 5 disks of expansion pack,
which should have included also SIMS 3 - cracked. I installed all 5
disks, and followed their instructions to launch the game. When trying
to launch it said that no base game installed - I then installed the
original SIMS 3 and used your update and copied ultimate fix. After
the update I got the message that the game was updated successfully.
The game starts, but without any expansion packs. When I restarted the
PC there was the effort to update the origin, but it failed = error
message.

Could you, pls, suggest how this could be fixed?

Thank you.

Ester

Mod edit: Color edited, text was unreadable without highlighting it.

- Lady ElDi

Hello,

Please open a new topic, it'll be easier for us to keep track and provide more personal support.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2013, 01:13

Well, cleaning out the registry worked, thanks, just gotta keep fiddling with mods, now =]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2013, 03:58

Hello I wanted to say thanks for the help because I had quitely the same problem, but there was nothing to remove in the regedit. I just looked in the start menu program files and I've seen that I had an add on that wasn't uninstalled even by Your Uninstaller. I just used the sims add uninstaller and reinstalled all the game with the actual new patch and it is Ok.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 12 Feb 2013, 21:52

MelloxDrama wrote:Well, cleaning out the registry worked, thanks, just gotta keep fiddling with mods, now =]
Hello,

Glad to hear that did the trick.
Enjoy the game and please let us know if you need more assistance! "There was an error during startup. Please see the log for more details" error. [SOLVED] 611149516

BulleCore wrote:Hello I wanted to say thanks for the help because I had quitely the same problem, but there was nothing to remove in the regedit. I just looked in the start menu program files and I've seen that I had an add on that wasn't uninstalled even by Your Uninstaller. I just used the sims add uninstaller and reinstalled all the game with the actual new patch and it is Ok.
You're welcome, glad to hear it works for you too.
If you run into any problems too, feel free to open a new topic, so we can help you. Enjoy your game! "There was an error during startup. Please see the log for more details" error. [SOLVED] 3479271199
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top