Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Expansion Pack announced. The Sims 4: Get to Work

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

First Expansion Pack announced. The Sims 4: Get to Work Empty First Expansion Pack announced. The Sims 4: Get to Work

Post by Guest Thu 05 Feb 2015, 15:17

Hi all!

The first Expansion Pack for The Sims 4 was announced recently. It is called...
First Expansion Pack announced. The Sims 4: Get to Work Ts4_ep01_logo
Here is the official announcement trailer:

And an article with a rundown of the Features known as of right now:
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/gettowork/

According to the announcement, it will be released in April, 2015. Here are some of the most important features:

• It's a combination of The Sims 3: Ambitions and The Sims 2: Open for Business.
  • Three 'new' careers added: Medical, Detective and Scientist careers. All of these will work as in The Sims 3: Ambitions, you will be able to follow your Sim to work and complete certain objectives.
  • The ability to create and manage your own Business, as in The Sims 2: Open for Business.
  • Two new Skills: Photography and Baking. Possible return of Portraits with the Photography Skill.
  • Aliens will make a comeback. Possibly related to a Dimensional Portal you can create during the Scientist Career.

Here are some screenshots and more information, taken from Carl's Sims website:

Medical Career

First Expansion Pack announced. The Sims 4: Get to Work Doctor-hospital

First Expansion Pack announced. The Sims 4: Get to Work Doctor-sick-patient

• Will work out of the new Hospital Venue.
  • Deliver Sim Babies as a Doctor.
  • Operate and help sick patients with the multi-functional Surgery Table Object.

Detective Career

First Expansion Pack announced. The Sims 4: Get to Work Detective-career

First Expansion Pack announced. The Sims 4: Get to Work Crime-scene-expansion

• Will work out of the new Police Station Venue
  • Sims will get to track clues and piece them together to solve crimes
  • Interrogate suspects, and even do the good cop/bad cop routinee to get the information you need for the case

Scientist Career

First Expansion Pack announced. The Sims 4: Get to Work Scientist-career-invention

First Expansion Pack announced. The Sims 4: Get to Work Aliens-portal

• Will work out of the Science Lab
  • Experiment and craft new Inventions
  • The Invention Constructor will be like a mix of a 3D Printer and Jarvis from Iron Man
  • Create gizmos that may be used for good, or to wreak havoc!

'Open for Business'

First Expansion Pack announced. The Sims 4: Get to Work Open-for-business

• Customize through build mode and make any type of business you like, from an art gallery, clothing boutique, or bookstore. You can sell nearly anything!
  • Hire and Fire Employees
  • Synergizes well with crafting Skills like Painting, Handiness' Woodworking, and the new Skills in the Get to Work EP

Photography Skill

First Expansion Pack announced. The Sims 4: Get to Work Photography-skill

First Expansion Pack announced. The Sims 4: Get to Work Photography-skill2

• Capture Pictures of anything in-game
  • Sell Photographs and improve your Sim's Skill level to get more options

Baking

First Expansion Pack announced. The Sims 4: Get to Work Baking-skill-expansion

• Bake and Decorate food for customers in your Business
  • Can sell the food to earn money if you like, and even operate a Bakery!

Back to top Go down

First Expansion Pack announced. The Sims 4: Get to Work Empty Re: First Expansion Pack announced. The Sims 4: Get to Work

Post by Guest Thu 05 Feb 2015, 16:07

I'm excited! I loved Open for Business.

Back to top Go down

First Expansion Pack announced. The Sims 4: Get to Work Empty Re: First Expansion Pack announced. The Sims 4: Get to Work

Post by Guest Thu 05 Feb 2015, 19:04

Two months? i was expecting it a little sooner then that, oh well. I'm excited either way Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Feb 2015, 20:47

Sweet.....Looks Awesome! bounce ....Any News On Game Patch...(V1.4.83.1010) ??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Feb 2015, 03:57

Sounds interesting. Im definitely looking forward to this. I hate all the extra anti piracy crap. I probably would have bought this expansion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Feb 2015, 03:08

I can already tell this is gonna be a good expansion pack! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

First Expansion Pack announced. The Sims 4: Get to Work Empty Price.

Post by Guest Sat 07 Feb 2015, 07:18

Hey admin have you seen the ridiculous price for the Get to Work(comes out on april) expansion? 39.99 LOL no way are they desperate?! THats too much. They like to milk people of their money >WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 07 Feb 2015, 09:15

kupocygirl wrote:Hey admin have you seen the ridiculous price for the Get to Work(comes out on april) expansion? 39.99 LOL no way are they desperate?! THats too much. They like to milk people of their money >WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Well, nice to see EA is continuing in their "traditions" ! WhatDidUJustCallMe? 

P.S. I split your post from the other thread, and merged it to this topic.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Feb 2015, 09:52

A fine addition for my little world xD
I'm so excited to play it!  Hammertime Hammertime Hammertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Feb 2015, 23:20

==================================================
I Think I Found Update V1.4.83.1010
It's from the same source (Chinese Website) where "Outdoor Retreat" was found!  

Chinese Website Link Is Below!
Censored

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Feb 2015, 23:31

SittinPerty wrote:==================================================

Censored

Hi there, @SittinPerty!

Remember that posting outside links to not-authorized downloads is not allowed. And don't edit it again after it already has been censored. We don't want to give you a warning.

Not only that, but this is not the topic to discuss about the latest Patch, as it's about the Expansion Pack. If you want, you could create a new topic, but there's really no need for that. We will update the Ultimate Fix whenever we can. But still: don't post outside links to downloads that have not been approved. It has not been tested and we can't guarantee that it's safe. Thanks in advance! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 08 Feb 2015, 23:48

SittinPerty wrote:==================================================

Censored

No need to post that kind of stuff here, just to get it a few days or weeks earlier. Smile  And yes, outside links by "normal users" are not allowed. If you think that something is really good, then send the link to a Moderator or Admin via private messaging, instead of posting on the forum.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Feb 2015, 23:52

Sorry.....Won't happen again...LoL
This is how we got
Outdoor Retreat working....
but yes....i agree that posting unknown links is bad....
i just want to help!
And i'm pretty good at finding things!
Sorry again!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 09 Feb 2015, 00:00

SittinPerty wrote:Sorry.....Won't happen again...LoL
This is how we got
Outdoor Retreat working....
but yes....i agree that posting unknown links is bad....
i just want to help!
And i'm pretty good at finding things!
Sorry again!

It's alright. Smile  Just remember that for the future.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Feb 2015, 15:51

It seems jolly good!
But this ain't the kind of my favorite EP, I prefer EPs like Late Night and Pets :p
Ty!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Feb 2015, 13:48

This expansion comes out in April. Thats an expansion people being asking for the longest being able to go to work with your Sims is great. The only question I have is how can you manage a household when your at work with your Sims. I think Sims 4 is one Sims play game. Since the world is closed and you cant see what the other Sims are doing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Feb 2015, 15:31

They should have added weather, it tooks them years to finally realize it was what we wanted from the beginning. I just hope we are not waiting just as long for it. Also i wonder if we will see cars..probably not because the towns are extremely small

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Feb 2015, 00:21

First gameplay has been released! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Feb 2015, 11:28

Will you have this expansion pack? I'll planning to spend summer (Summer is on April and May in the Philippines) Playing this expansion pack

I so so love this! <3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Feb 2015, 12:51

sylvantos wrote:They should have added weather, it tooks them years to finally realize it was what we wanted from the beginning. I just hope we are not waiting just as long for it. Also i wonder if we will see cars..probably not because the towns are extremely small
I totally agree. I think that I'm still going through the shock of how much was missing compared to sims 3. Even when Outdoor retreat came out I was like " Yeah....and can we have dishwashers now please".

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 20 Feb 2015, 19:59

RandomnessInABottle wrote:First gameplay has been released! 

EA/Maxis should - for once - also include stuff that is somewhat "beyond" the mainstream. Why always doctors or police officers/detectives ? Likewise with pets. Why are there only "popular" pets like cats, dogs or horses ? If there are pets for TS4, I guess it will be again those "popular" ones.

Haters gonna hate

Keyenpeydee wrote:Will you have this expansion pack? I'll planning to spend summer (Summer is on April and May in the Philippines) Playing this expansion pack

I so so love this! <3

We will try and release that too. Smile 

ferugie wrote:I totally agree. I think that I'm still going through the shock of how much was missing compared to sims 3. Even when Outdoor retreat came out I was like " Yeah....and can we have dishwashers now please".

Those people with actual playing experience with "The Sims 2" and "The Sims 3" are for the most part in their mid- to late 20s. Maybe older. And those who played The Sims 1 are again a bit older. All these people don't seem to play a role in EA's "plans". Things that were standard in earlier Sims franchises, either are not there anymore in TS4, or come with game updates.

EA might believe that those who are "older" don't care anymore about Sims (or don't have the time anymore), hence they focus on those who don't necessarily know about the past games. Meaning: younger people like teenagers. This whole thing with the cartoonish appearance & features in the game is also an indicator that EA's intended target audience for TS4 are kids/teenagers.

The fact that EA is now slowly "giving in" and adding content via game updates (!!!) shows how wrong they were about "older simmers".

Haters gonna hate
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Feb 2015, 23:42

I agree with you Carlos, they where clearly out to make quick money, and forgot i just did not care about the fact that probably most of their simmers are actually not the majority of teens or kids, but moms and dads / parents and different age groups.

Still i will be furious if they decide to charge for weather..but then they made some lame excuse last time about seasons, being too difficult to make. Which is funny, since it's no problem for other developers in other games with far more complexity to add it without much or any fuss.  I think they just want to put the bare minimum out, and then charge ridiculous prices for store content.

Don't get me wrong, I bought the base game about 4 years ago or when ever it came out, and i chose which expansion i like the sound of. Bought late Night, Pets, Generations and Seasons and stupidly about 30,000 worth of simpoints because i did not know any better.  I paid a lot for their stuff. Then I realized, all they cared about was not the community but you spending hunderds of euros on stuff that really they did not need to charge for.

The ironic thing is, that right now they are moaning about not making sims 5 if sims 4 is a failure.  If it fails its because again it's down to them and not us the players.  They never listen to anyone, but i am hoping Carlos, as you said we are seeing some content in patches now.  That said though, sims 4 was and it still feels very barren, not the best game to be playing without much content, and it does not help it's taking them 8 months to get the first expansion out...are they on purpose trying to destroy a game they only brought out last september? it feels like sim city 2013 all over again

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Feb 2015, 11:47

Looks good.
I'm curious about the clothing store, will sims actually have to buy some items that are not already included in CaS? Or??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Mar 2015, 14:12

give the fact that at least 80% or more of the base game is missing..they better be giving us the stuff that makes up the game for free. I dont mind buying expansions, but not if it adds very little, or the fact it should by now be part of the game...for example something as simple as seasons, which adds a ton of different scenarios you can create for your sims.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Mar 2015, 14:14

Some more gameplay!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top