Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update 1.57 and Manual Patch not working

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Update 1.57 and Manual Patch not working Empty Update 1.57 and Manual Patch not working

Post by Guest Tue 10 Sep 2013, 03:47

I've been trying to do this for days, but it just isn't working. I do the Ultimate Patch up to step eleven, but when I try to patch through the Sims 3 launcher, it gives me the ever so common 'Invalid File' error.

I downloaded the manual patch and substituted it in place of step eleven in the Ultimate Patch instructions. After copying and pasting all those files into their respective places, I open the Manual Patch .exe, but it only shows me an error that says this exactly:

>SetupNew\setup.cpp (140)
PAPP:
PVENDOR:
PGUID:
$
@Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (7601)
IE Version 9.10.9200.16660
I have no clue where to go from here and I'm pretty royally piss off about it being so dumb. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Update 1.57 and Manual Patch not working Empty Re: Update 1.57 and Manual Patch not working

Post by J.T. Tue 10 Sep 2013, 04:57

draoidruid wrote:I've been trying to do this for days, but it just isn't working. I do the Ultimate Patch up to step eleven, but when I try to patch through the Sims 3 launcher, it gives me the ever so common 'Invalid File' error.

I downloaded the manual patch and substituted it in place of step eleven in the Ultimate Patch instructions. After copying and pasting all those files into their respective places, I open the Manual Patch .exe, but it only shows me an error that says this exactly:

>SetupNew\setup.cpp (140)
PAPP:
PVENDOR:
PGUID:
$
@Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (7601)
IE Version 9.10.9200.16660
I have no clue where to go from here and I'm pretty royally piss off about it being so dumb. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Hello,

This simply means the manual patch is corrupted during downloads. Can you try to redownload one via Chrome and try again? Don't pause during download and run the manual patch as Administrator. If you have any anti-virus, please deactivite it during patching.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Update 1.57 and Manual Patch not working Empty Re: Update 1.57 and Manual Patch not working

Post by Guest Tue 10 Sep 2013, 05:07

I'm having a hard time with downloads. I've been doing it with Chrome, but it is taking a long time, much longer than normal, to download any file from Games4theWorld.

I have downloaded other files not from this host, and they aren't getting corrupted, but I redownloaded the Ultimate Patch and now there are files missing. Is something wrong with their end?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 10 Sep 2013, 05:12

draoidruid wrote:I'm having a hard time with downloads. I've been doing it with Chrome, but it is taking a long time, much longer than normal, to download any file from Games4theWorld.

I have downloaded other files not from this host, and they aren't getting corrupted, but I redownloaded the Ultimate Patch and now there are files missing. Is something wrong with their end?
Hello,

It's taking particularly long because of its size (1.3 GB, in which a lot of people have experienced slow download like you too). And I don't think it's the issue of EA's servers because a lot of people can download it successfully. Are you currently redownloading it?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Sep 2013, 20:27

hi there, I'm having the same problem here. stuck at step 11, manual patch showing same error as the guy above..

help
 -update-
trying to re-download the manual patch again.. will update again 1-2 hours..

-update-
it works now.. thank you all.. so it is a download problem..

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top