Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*sigh* Please help so I can stop ripping my hair out. I have a bald spot

View previous topic View next topic Go down

*sigh* Please help so I can stop ripping my hair out. I have a bald spot Empty *sigh* Please help so I can stop ripping my hair out. I have a bald spot

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 20:41

So.. for the last week I've been ripping my hair out trying to play. My game worked fine, perfectly, of course there were things that drove me nuts but they were pretty minor. So I got Pets (the EP of Satan) Friday, and installed it. I was dumb and forgot to remove my mods and CC, and kept getting TS3 has stopped responding. I could only play for about 5 minutes. So I re-did everything. Again.. and again.. and again.. I've done DEP over and over again, I've un-installed and re-installed 100 times the correct way. I did The Ultimate Fix last night and it just made everything worse. I followed the video and notes. Now the launcher stops responding and it won't even load. I'm about to uninstall Sims completely and just quit playing. I've been trying to fix this game for a week now and nothing works. Please help! I'm at the end of my rope here.
Thanks!
-R
(Sorry if this is on the wrong thread. Its the only place it would let me post)

Back to top Go down

*sigh* Please help so I can stop ripping my hair out. I have a bald spot Empty Re: *sigh* Please help so I can stop ripping my hair out. I have a bald spot

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 23:02

So, I had missed a mod and needed to update. Did that. Game worked great!! Loaded and everything! I was so relieved, and then it stops working again. *falls over and dies* Whatever I do, I can't finish a full Sim day. It just says TS3 has stopped responding every single time. I have done everything within my limited tech knowledge that I can possibly do. *waves arms frantically* Please help! I have pie Smile

Back to top Go down

*sigh* Please help so I can stop ripping my hair out. I have a bald spot Empty Re: *sigh* Please help so I can stop ripping my hair out. I have a bald spot

Post by Dracos66 Sat 21 Sep 2013, 00:31

Lets try this..

1. Rename the Sims 3 folder in your  ....\My Documents\Electronic Arts\ to Sims3_Old
2. Bypass the launcher and start the game from C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.EXE ( or C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.EXE if you have a 32-bit system)
3. The game should launch and you'll be greeted with the create a game screen. You can either start a new game or exit.

This will force the game to create a new game without any mods/CC. You can copy your save game(s) from sims3_old to your new sims 3 folder and play them if you want but any CC will be replaced with default items.

Next you should check for any updates to any CC (custom content) making sure they are still compatible with the 1.57 patch. Replace anything that isnt compatible and start reinstalling your CC. Once you've done that see how the game loads, if it still loads fine then you can try copy your save game(s) to your new game, one at a time if you have more than one save, and testing it.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Sep 2013, 01:57

Thanks! I'll give that shot! *starts handing out pieces of pie* Sorry, its not completely cooked. My game stopped responding before my Sims could finish cooking. Lol jk.
This is why its shutting down? I think. I don't know if that helps any. 
Thanks for your help!!

[Exception info]
date: 2013-09-20
time: 00.22.37
type: ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000004
address: 0x00e939eb "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe":0x0001:0x00a929eb

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 21 Sep 2013, 08:59

EchosPhilosophy wrote:Thanks! I'll give that shot! *starts handing out pieces of pie* Sorry, its not completely cooked. My game stopped responding before my Sims could finish cooking. Lol jk.
This is why its shutting down? I think. I don't know if that helps any. 
Thanks for your help!!

[Exception info]
date: 2013-09-20
time: 00.22.37
type: ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000004
address: 0x00e939eb "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe":0x0001:0x00a929eb
Hello,

Does Dracos' method work?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top