Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sim keeps appearing in same spot after interaction.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sim keeps appearing in same spot after interaction. Empty Sim keeps appearing in same spot after interaction.

Post by Guest Fri 31 Jan 2014, 02:11

Running Windows 8 by the way.

Anyway, my problem is this. Yesterday I had a ton of problems with WA specifically, I travelled to Egypt and my sim was gone and the UI was blank (a common problem apparently). I messed around with my game for literally hours and FINALLY somehow recovered my sim, got her back home and saved my game and made backups. All that jazz. During my time of trying to fix the WA problem, I installed 2 mods. Traveler and NRaas. 

I left them be, and started playing my game like normal. I invited my boyfriend over and started talking to him. When I tried to do a second interaction with him, my sim disappeared from in front of him and appeared a couple of feet away in the bathroom. I can approach him again, do one interaction, but then I disappear and reappear in the same spot again in the bathroom.

I cut the mod folder out of My Documents -> Electronic Arts -> The Sims 3, and put it on my desktop just to get it out of that folder. 
I restarted my game and the NRaas and traveler options are now gone, but I am still having this disappear reappear problem. Anyone know how to fix this?

It's not completely ruining my game but it is very annoying.

Back to top Go down

Sim keeps appearing in same spot after interaction. Empty Re: Sim keeps appearing in same spot after interaction.

Post by Guest Fri 31 Jan 2014, 10:34

Hello,
Have you tried to reset your Sim? Press Ctrl+Shift+C, then type resetsim Marc John where Marc John is the name of your sim.

Back to top Go down

Sim keeps appearing in same spot after interaction. Empty Re: Sim keeps appearing in same spot after interaction.

Post by Guest Tue 04 Feb 2014, 03:50

I did that. It worked for a bit, thanks Smile

//EDIT

Hello, I know I've posted a couple of times lately, but I've finally figured everything out except for this.

First, I had to get Master Controller NRaas to recover a sim that kind of got lost due to a World Adventures glitch.

So fast forward to after I've got her back and my game seems to be back to normal.

Nope. Now when I try to interact with someone, it wont let me. It appears in my queue, and sometimes the sim approaches me but 99% of the time it just disappears from the queue and doesn't happen. 

Now, when I try to go do a job (my sim is a stylist, random jobs pop up on the map) the same things happen. I click the job and it just disappears from the queue. 

I've tried using Master Controller to reset my town, sim, the individual lot, everything. I need to know what to do to fix this, and then I want to COMPLETELY DELETE the mod from my game so I don't have these glitches anymore. 

My game is up to date, and I'm running Windows 8. (Didn't mean to rhyme that but eh, haha.)

Please  Sim keeps appearing in same spot after interaction. 2830496658

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Feb 2014, 09:27

Is your problem solved?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 04 Feb 2014, 21:24

sammybtb wrote:Hello, I know I've posted a couple of times lately, but I've finally figured everything out except for this.

First, I had to get Master Controller NRaas to recover a sim that kind of got lost due to a World Adventures glitch.

So fast forward to after I've got her back and my game seems to be back to normal.

Nope. Now when I try to interact with someone, it wont let me. It appears in my queue, and sometimes the sim approaches me but 99% of the time it just disappears from the queue and doesn't happen. 

Now, when I try to go do a job (my sim is a stylist, random jobs pop up on the map) the same things happen. I click the job and it just disappears from the queue. 

I've tried using Master Controller to reset my town, sim, the individual lot, everything. I need to know what to do to fix this, and then I want to COMPLETELY DELETE the mod from my game so I don't have these glitches anymore. 

My game is up to date, and I'm running Windows 8. (Didn't mean to rhyme that but eh, haha.)

Please  Help

Hello and sorry for the late reply,

But I saw you posting in several different topics about that problem ? Didn't one of the other Helpers/Moderators get in touch with you ?

Next time, please try keeping all your problems in ONE topic only. Smile  If you don't get a reply within 24 hours of your post, then you may contact one of the (active) "The Sims Helpers" or "Moderators" via PM.

Back to your problem: I don't think the mods cause these glitches, but go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages. Delete all contents in that "Packages"-folder. Then, go to
My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the file scriptCache.package.

Re-start the game and see if anything changed. But I'll need to check your old posts to see what I suggested to you already.

Again, I'm sorry for the late reply, but the volume of posts and other real-life duties make it sometimes difficult to keep up with the posts here.   Wat. 

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Feb 2014, 03:06

It is not, I started a new thread, another mod told me in the future not to do so :/ sorry. I will delete this one if I can figure out how to .

//EDIT

Agh, I'm sorry :/ Yeah the problem changed so I figured I would start a new post. Anyway, I did what you said above and I am still having the same problems. I would like to just fix these problems and then remove the mods completely from my game. Ugh. Would re-applying the fix help?

//EDIT

I reapplied the fix, didn't change anything. I'm stumped, I'm really hoping we can get this figured out. It's so annoying that I can't build up an interaction queue. 

//EDIT

I also tried running my game with no CC (I've had no problems with it before, however I did recently download a few new things that didn't end up working) and it STILL didn't help :/ I've taken a screen cap of my Documents -> Electronic Arts -> The Sims 3 folder, is there anything in here that looks like it doesn't belong/may be causing the problem? (Packages folder in MODS is empty, however there is a file in the mods folder it self titled Resource.cfg.

Sim keeps appearing in same spot after interaction. Sims3f10

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 05 Feb 2014, 07:11

sammybtb wrote:Agh, I'm sorry WhatDidUJustCallMe? Yeah the problem changed so I figured I would start a new post. Anyway, I did what you said above and I am still having the same problems. I would like to just fix these problems and then remove the mods completely from my game. Ugh. Would re-applying the fix help?

//EDIT

I reapplied the fix, didn't change anything. I'm stumped, I'm really hoping we can get this figured out. It's so annoying that I can't build up an interaction queue.

//MERGED

Hello again,

Can you go into "edit"-town mode, and save your sim(s) into the "bin" ?

Then go back to your main menu and make a new save for now. There, put your sims from the bin into that new save. See if anything changed.

If you still get that error, your sim itslef might have become corrupt(ed), in which case there is nothing you can do, except for starting all over again - and making completely new sims.

Keep us updated !  Smile 

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Feb 2014, 03:19

Carlos wrote:
sammybtb wrote:Agh, I'm sorry WhatDidUJustCallMe? Yeah the problem changed so I figured I would start a new post. Anyway, I did what you said above and I am still having the same problems. I would like to just fix these problems and then remove the mods completely from my game. Ugh. Would re-applying the fix help?

//EDIT

//MERGED

Hello again,

Can you go into "edit"-town mode, and save your sim(s) into the "bin" ?

Then go back to your main menu and make a new save for now. There, put your sims from the bin into that new save. See if anything changed.

If you still get that error, your sim itslef might have become corrupt(ed), in which case there is nothing you can do, except for starting all over again - and making completely new sims.

Keep us updated !  Smile 

I attempted to do what you asked...my game won't allow me to save my sim OR her house to the bin...so I tried moving her to a new house. Still wouldn't let me. I'm going to attempt to move her to a new town all together and see if this helps, I think I saw something about that helping other people this has happened to (this all stemmed from my sim disappearing after traveling in WA). I'm praying this will work, I really don't want to start all over  Sad

EDIT//

I found another thread in this forum written by a sims helper (J.T) titled "Tips for saving your corrupted saves (Including error 12)" and tried following the instructions in that. It just will not let me save my sim to the library. With or without her house, it just isn't happening. Even with the Porter mod Sad

Really my original save isn't RUINED, but the whole queue cancelling on it's own thing is so annoying. I wish I could fix it. I don't know if I should give up and start over...but I almost feel like I can't because I'm so attached to this sim. Ugh!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 06 Feb 2014, 11:13

sammybtb wrote:I attempted to do what you asked...my game won't allow me to save my sim OR her house to the bin...so I tried moving her to a new house. Still wouldn't let me. I'm going to attempt to move her to a new town all together and see if this helps, I think I saw something about that helping other people this has happened to (this all stemmed from my sim disappearing after traveling in WA). I'm praying this will work, I really don't want to start all over  Sad

EDIT//

I found another thread in this forum written by a sims helper (J.T) titled "Tips for saving your corrupted saves (Including error 12)" and tried following the instructions in that. It just will not let me save my sim to the library. With or without her house, it just isn't happening. Even with the Porter mod Sad

Really my original save isn't RUINED, but the whole queue cancelling on it's own thing is so annoying. I wish I could fix it. I don't know if I should give up and start over...but I almost feel like I can't because I'm so attached to this sim. Ugh!

First of all, there is no real way of "saving" corrupted savefiles. The topic by J.T. that you referred to offers some "workarounds" to minimize the damage, but the topic title is misleading, in my humble opinion at least. Smile

There isn't that much left for me to suggest, but here's one more try: please re-install the NRAAS_Master Controller mod.

Re-start the game. In the game, go into "town view" and click on the town hall. There, click on NRAAS -> Master Controller -> Town -> Reset everything. Wait for the reset to finish. After it has finished, choose the option Save as... (!!!). In the following window, choose a NEW name for that savefile. Let the game save.

Exit the game and wait a while. Re-start the game and load the "new" save; namely the one for which you just chose a "new" name. Then, see if you can travel to another town or save the sim into the bin.

But other than that, I'm clueless. Sad

For the future, please make backups of your savefiles in regular intervals, depending on how often you play The Sims 3. Keep the backups on a USB flashdrive or an external hard-drive. Or you can even use DVD-RW discs - whatever; just keep them in a safe place.

Also, it's a good idea to save your sim regularly into the bin; your "latest" sim that you saved into the bin is the leftmost one, in that horizontal "list" where you choose the sim you want to put in.

I guess that's it from me. Wat. 

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top