Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Adventures Installation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

World Adventures Installation Empty World Adventures Installation

Post by Guest Thu 30 Oct 2014, 04:33

Hey there,

I was just wondering if you absolutely must use the games for the world Sims 3 Base Game install in order to use the World Adventures install?

I had the base game on CD already, so I went ahead and installed it. Then I got all the expansion packs I wanted from gamesfortheworld, but World Adventures won't install (I don't remember what the error box said, its been a while). I'm hoping there's a way to bypass this, as I've been playing the game so I don't want to lose the saved games I have.

Unless someone knows of a way to "store" my saved games until I re-download the game using gamesfortheworld instead of my Sims 3 CD?

Back to top Go down

World Adventures Installation Empty Re: World Adventures Installation

Post by Guest Thu 30 Oct 2014, 04:37

Hi there, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Smile

No, you can safely install World Adventures even if you don't have the G4TW's base game. I installed it just fine, and my base game is from Origin.

We could try to help you if you told us exactly what is the error message you are getting during the installation. You don't need to uninstall the base game you already have for that.

And yes, you can backup your saves by copying the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves to somewhere else, as all of your saves are stored in this folder. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Oct 2014, 05:44

Error Message:

The setup has detected that the regional install code for The Sims 3 is different then what this expansion requires.

This product requires The Sims 3 to have the same regional code in order to be installed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Oct 2014, 06:00

SedaP wrote:Error Message:

The setup has detected that the regional install code for The Sims 3 is different then what this expansion requires.

This product requires The Sims 3 to have the same regional code in order to be installed

I see. Please, open the Installation Guide inside the World Adventures installation folder and follow only the Step 2 of it. If you don't have it anymore, I'll copy it here:

Now open the Start menu. Type 'regedit' in the search box and press [ENTER]. Navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sims\The Sims 3   and double-click on 'SKU'. Change the shown
number to 2 and press 'OK'. Close the Register Editor.

This should fix your issue. Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Oct 2014, 06:04

I don't see the folder you're talking about in the regedit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Oct 2014, 06:08

SedaP wrote:I don't see the folder you're talking about in the regedit

See if you can find it in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sims\The Sims 3 then. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Oct 2014, 06:10

Yay! It was there!

Now I just try to download again, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Oct 2014, 06:12

SedaP wrote:Yay! It was there!

Now I just try to download again, right?

No, there's no need to download it again. Just try installing it again. It shouldn't give you the error anymore. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Oct 2014, 06:15

Thank you! I'm just going through the #crack folders now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Oct 2014, 06:16

SedaP wrote:Thank you! I'm just going through the #crack folders now.

Please, remember that there's no need to use that #Crack folders anymore. The correct installation guide for The Sims 3 can be found here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Take a look at the Step 1, where it says: "(You may skip all the "# Crack" folders. You DO NOT need to use any "# Crack" folders!)".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Oct 2014, 06:38

I don't have a game bin for world adventures to use the installation stuff from the guide you posted

//EDIT

Nevermind, I figured it out lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Oct 2014, 06:47

SedaP wrote:I don't have a game bin for world adventures to use the installation stuff from the guide you posted

//EDIT

Nevermind, I figured it out lol

So, is your game up and running now? Oh is there anything else we can help you with at the moment?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Oct 2014, 06:48

I'm still waiting for the patch to download. So far, so good though.

//EDIT

Now it's asking for the Into The Future game disk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Oct 2014, 12:35

SedaP wrote:I'm still waiting for the patch to download. So far, so good though.

//EDIT

Now it's asking for the Into The Future game disk

That probably means that the Ultimate Fix wasn't applied correctly. Keep in mind that you only need to use the #Crack folder inside the Ultimate Fix (ignore the rest of the folders). Copy the two files inside and paste them to Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Make sure to choose Copy and Replace when prompted.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top