Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP! Game is really really slow and laggy!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HELP! Game is really really slow and laggy!! Empty HELP! Game is really really slow and laggy!!

Post by Guest Fri 11 Oct 2013, 00:00

I don't know what happened!! In June, I downloaded the Island Paradise expansion pack from Games4TheWorld on thepiratebay.sx and it worked like a charm until approx. two months ago, then all of a sudden, my game slowed down tremendously.

What is interesting is when I'm editing a world or creating-a-sim, the game is regular (which is pretty fast), but when I go back into live mode, that's where all my problems are. It literally takes ten real-time minutes for my sim to do one small thing. And also the time/clock will stand idle (along with my sim) and when it finally moves, it skips minutes, so instead of just having time go like 1, 2, 3, it's more like 1..........(wait two minutes), 3, 7, 9....(wait ten minutes), 11. It's so freaking annoying! Another interesting point is that only Isla Paradiso and any new world saves after the installation of Island Paradise have this problem. Any saves before Isla Paradiso, like an old Sunset Valley and Monte Vista past saves that I have, I really have no problems with the in-world games at all.

I have tried EVERYTHING and nothing works to fix this problem. It's not my computer for sure and I don't think it's the mods (I have Nraas's DebugEnabler, Error Trap, MasterController, StoryProgression, Mover, Traffic, PortraitPanel, PocketProtector, Overwatch, Saver, SecondImage, Traveler, Woohooer; and some other random small mods). Could it be the torrent or are the mods and the torrent make negatively interacting with each other? If I could get any type of help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Like I said, I know it's not my computer for sure. Maybe my mods though. I'm up-to-date on all on everything.

Back to top Go down

HELP! Game is really really slow and laggy!! Empty Re: HELP! Game is really really slow and laggy!!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 12 Oct 2013, 01:00

jermed2001 wrote:I don't know what happened!! In June, I downloaded the Island Paradise expansion pack from Games4TheWorld on thepiratebay.sx and it worked like a charm until approx. two months ago, then all of a sudden, my game slowed down tremendously.

What is interesting is when I'm editing a world or creating-a-sim, the game is regular (which is pretty fast), but when I go back into live mode, that's where all my problems are. It literally takes ten real-time minutes for my sim to do one small thing. And also the time/clock will stand idle (along with my sim) and when it finally moves, it skips minutes, so instead of just having time go like 1, 2, 3, it's more like 1..........(wait two minutes), 3, 7, 9....(wait ten minutes), 11. It's so freaking annoying! Another interesting point is that only Isla Paradiso and any new world saves after the installation of Island Paradise have this problem. Any saves before Isla Paradiso, like an old Sunset Valley and Monte Vista past saves that I have, I really have no problems with the in-world games at all.

I have tried EVERYTHING and nothing works to fix this problem. It's not my computer for sure and I don't think it's the mods (I have Nraas's DebugEnabler, Error Trap, MasterController, StoryProgression, Mover, Traffic, PortraitPanel, PocketProtector, Overwatch, Saver, SecondImage, Traveler, Woohooer; and some other random small mods). Could it be the torrent or are the mods and the torrent make negatively interacting with each other? If I could get any type of help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Like I said, I know it's not my computer for sure. Maybe my mods though. I'm up-to-date on all on everything.
Hello,

When I start a savegame, my in-game clock stands still for a little while, and then "skips" a few minutes too. Other than that, I have no problems, except for the occasional small lags.

I suspect that one of your mods is causing this, I once had severe lag with NRAAS Story progression, and it took me a while to actually figure that out. So you could for a start take out all NRAAS Story progression mods PLUS Master Controller progression (if you have that mod too). If you actually use some functions of these mods, you probably have to "deactivate" the mod in the game - usually by clicking on the town hall logo (but please refer to the original instructions on the NRAAS site).

You may even have to try the mods one-by-one to find out which one's causing the trouble.

Of cousre, you should also make sure to clear the cache in My documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top