Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game too Slow :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game too Slow :( Empty Game too Slow :(

Post by Guest Sat 04 Jan 2014, 09:36

So I have every expansion and stuff pack from here, as well as some sims3pack files and 5-6 package mods (because I know these slow down load times), but nothing too extreme. My computer is only about a month old and should be able to easily load the game, even with some extra CC and the expansions. Also, none of my content is corrupt because during my frustration, I've tested through it all.

Sometimes loading a world takes upwards of 5 minutes and create a sim is the absolute worst 5-10 minutes for each list -- making it take sometimes a few hours just to get a new game going. I have a lot of clothes, but nothing like ridiculously a lot. I don't understand this? It isn't my computer is it? I'll post my specs from DxDiag below.

Also, any suggestions to speed things up other than deleting stuff would be great. Will lowering my visual settings in my game help? Would combining the package files help anything and if yes, how do I do that? Does using your decrapified versions of store content cause any additional loading times? Are there any 3 party free, reliable programs that can help?  Help 

Thanks in advanced.  :newfag: 

System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
       System Model: K55A
               BIOS: K55A.404
          Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
             Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 6030MB RAM
          Page File: 4462MB used, 2935MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
   User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
 System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
     DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.16384 64bit Unicode

DxDiag Notes
------------
      Display Tab 1: No problems found.
        Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
          Input Tab: No problems found.

Display Devices
---------------
          Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
       Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
          Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
           DAC type: Internal
        Device Type: Full Device
     Display Memory: 1792 MB
   Dedicated Memory: 32 MB
      Shared Memory: 1760 MB

Back to top Go down

Game too Slow :( Empty Re: Game too Slow :(

Post by Guest Sat 04 Jan 2014, 10:47

mmm to fix slowling game you need Video Card Bcz Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
can't Run it Faster .. Or Change Your Setting To Low 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Jan 2014, 14:49

You can change the game options to slightly lower graphics. This will help a ton! Also If you are desperate enough you can change the amount of RAM your computer will use to run the Sims 3. You will have to make sure to turn of other programs but it seems to me you have 6GB of ram available for use. I don't suggest doing this unless you know your way around a computer a little bit. The average amount of ram used is 2 GB... I have mine up to 4 because i have 8 GB of ram and it runs a lot faster.
In the base game bin folder, there is a sims3.ini text file. Open this. You will see:
[ResourceSystem]
MemoryUsageLimit = 20000000

change that 2 to a 3 to make it 3GB the computer uses. Or 4 if your desperate enough. you can use 35000000 if you don't want to push your computer too hard. Save this. You will have to save it to a separate folder like documents. Then replace the one in the Sims 3 bin with the one you just saved in documents. Hit Save and Replace and tada! Faster game play.

To avoid mistakes, go ahead and save the original ini file in a safe place that you can just replace from. You can rename it if you need to so you remember what it is. Save it in documents or something. I hope this helps Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Jan 2014, 05:05

LoriliHime wrote:You can change the game options to slightly lower graphics. This will help a ton! Also If you are desperate enough you can change the amount of RAM your computer will use to run the Sims 3. You will have to make sure to turn of other programs but it seems to me you have 6GB of ram available for use. I don't suggest doing this unless you know your way around a computer a little bit. The average amount of ram used is 2 GB... I have mine up to 4 because i have 8 GB of ram and it runs a lot faster.
In the base game bin folder, there is a sims3.ini text file. Open this. You will see:
[ResourceSystem]
MemoryUsageLimit = 20000000

change that 2 to a 3 to make it 3GB the computer uses. Or 4 if your desperate enough. you can use 35000000 if you don't want to push your computer too hard. Save this. You will have to save it to a separate folder like documents. Then replace the one in the Sims 3 bin with the one you just saved in documents. Hit Save and Replace and tada! Faster game play.

To avoid mistakes, go ahead and save the original ini file in a safe place that you can just replace from. You can rename it if you need to so you remember what it is. Save it in documents or something. I hope this helps Smile

This is great to know. I'll try this right now and post back whether it helps. Thank you so much for sharing that with me, I didn't even realize.

//EDIT

Yeah, thanks again. This did really help. It is still very slow, but this sped up my times considerably. I just wish there was solution to completely obliterate most of the load time, but if I can cut out the ridiculous load times in creating a sim, I can live with it.
Sims 3 is so amazing when it loads. I'm so happy that games4theworld is here.

Thanks again, you're the best.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top