Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deleting MAC Patch from Stuff Packs. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Deleting MAC Patch from Stuff Packs. [SOLVED] Empty Deleting MAC Patch from Stuff Packs. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 13 Oct 2013, 23:18

Hi I'm new here and I'm not sure about that this is the right place to post this, so sorry if it's not Very Happy

Can I delete the Mac patches from the Stuff Packs? I have the High End Loft Pack and it has a 3,45 GB patch for MAC in it's folder, but it's just too big for me with it (and useless, because I'm not using MAC), and I want to keep the installer for reinstalls because downloading 4,42 gb all-over is just not good for me. I don't have a super big winchester, so space is really important for me on my computer.

I'm writing about the Support/UpdatesMAC folder from the extracted rar file (High End Loft Pack)

So is it safe to delete them?

Sorry for my english if it's bad Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Deleting MAC Patch from Stuff Packs. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Deleting MAC Patch from Stuff Packs. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 17 Oct 2013, 00:46

vitako wrote:Hi I'm new here and I'm not sure about that this is the right place to post this, so sorry if it's not Very Happy

Can I delete the Mac patches from the Stuff Packs? I have the High End Loft Pack and it has a 3,45 GB patch for MAC in it's folder, but it's just too big for me with it (and useless, because I'm not using MAC), and I want to keep the installer for reinstalls because downloading 4,42 gb all-over is just not good for me. I don't have a super big winchester, so space is really important for me on my computer.

I'm writing about the Support/UpdatesMAC folder from the extracted rar file (High End Loft Pack)

So is it safe to delete them?

Sorry for my english if it's bad Very Happy
Hello,

If there is really a patch for Macs in your download, then you can delete it, of course.

If you want the latest available patch, then you can either download the latest Sims 3 expansion/stuff pack (because the latest patch is included there), or you can look at this site: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v157-fix-manual-patch

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Deleting MAC Patch from Stuff Packs. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Deleting MAC Patch from Stuff Packs. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 17 Oct 2013, 12:42

OK Thank you

With the MAC patch the High End Loft Stuff pack is 4,52 GB, without it 1,07 GB, the Town Life Stuff is 1,84 GB with the patch and 813 MB wothout it Very Happy(of course the installer folder only)

My game works fine, just I need to keep the installers and this way I can lower the size of them

Moderator edit: OK, topic closed.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top