Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need Help Installing The Sims 3. [SOLVED]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Need Help Installing The Sims 3. [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Need Help Installing The Sims 3. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 11 Jul 2011, 02:01

First topic message reminder :

Hi i need help in installing the expansion packs for Sims 3. I downloaded another torrent of the sims 3 but idk if i need to download yours and install it to be able to install the expansion packs. Also can i get a step by step process on how to install the expansions. I would really appreeciate it if it is no trouble. I read the installation guide that is on the Sims 3 fix but i didnt really understand, do i need your sims 3 torrent to be able to install the expanisions or can i use any. But please help me out in doing this i really would appreciate it if you help me out. I hope you guys can help me out im new with torrents. thank you

Back to top Go down

Need Help Installing The Sims 3. [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Need Help Installing The Sims 3. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Fri 22 Jul 2011, 01:25

chucknorris5 wrote:the steps in the installation guide right
Hello,

For the Fix you need to follow the instructions that came with the Fix itself.
If you need help with the installation, please contact our TeamViewer support via www.games4theworld.info !

Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Need Help Installing The Sims 3. [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Need Help Installing The Sims 3. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jul 2011, 01:49

ok so i do it in that order right

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 22 Jul 2011, 02:09

chucknorris5 wrote:ok so i do it in that order right
Hello,

I really recommend you contact our TeamViewer support and ask them to install everything for you correctly.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jul 2011, 02:20

ok sorry if i been any trouble

Back to top Go down

Post by Narong30 Fri 22 Jul 2011, 04:39

chucknorris5 wrote:Ok so first i install the sims 3 which its already installed, then i install generations, and after installing generations i can get other expansions like late night, ambition, etc. Once i get the expansions i want i then do the steps 10 -14 of the installation guide in the the Ultimate Fix, and thats it.

Hello,
If I'm not mistaken. You need to copy the fix for the other expansion (Only that you've installed on your computer) before you update the launcher. After you update the launcher, you need to work with the crack file.
Narong30
Narong30
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Call Of Duty ( 4,6 ) , Warcraft 3 frozen throne ( Dota )

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jul 2011, 04:48

I have the "MUST READ INSTALL SIMS" page open and I am following the steps like told. I just installed the Sims3 Base Game, but in order to install Generations, it says I need to update the game to the latest version. Now I have the file that will update the program to version 1.22 which is the only way Generations can be installed, but your instructions don't say anything about updating the Base game. So, do I need to do this or is there a way to install Generations without it? Thank you so much for the help. I've been dying to play for days, but I kept getting the message "The Sims must close" and then it does. Thanks again!

EDIT: Oh and also, can I download the EA Download Manager when I'm done so that I can use my add ons and store items that I also downloaded? They don't seem to work without it, but I could be wrong.

Please reply to me. I really need help! I see a few posts from the Admin, could you please give me some guidance on my questions. Thanks again so much and I don't mean to be a bother!

Hello out there? Can someone please help me out. I have seen 5 replies to one person and no one has helped me. Please guys.. help me out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Narong30 Fri 22 Jul 2011, 05:05

CrimsonKiss07 wrote:I have the "MUST READ INSTALL SIMS" page open and I am following the steps like told. I just installed the Sims3 Base Game, but in order to install Generations, it says I need to update the game to the latest version. Now I have the file that will update the program to version 1.22 which is the only way Generations can be installed, but your instructions don't say anything about updating the Base game. So, do I need to do this or is there a way to install Generations without it? Thank you so much for the help. I've been dying to play for days, but I kept getting the message "The Sims must close" and then it does. Thanks again!

EDIT: Oh and also, can I download the EA Download Manager when I'm done so that I can use my add ons and store items that I also downloaded? They don't seem to work without it, but I could be wrong.

Please reply to me. I really need help! I see a few posts from the Admin, could you please give me some guidance on my questions. Thanks again so much and I don't mean to be a bother!

Hello out there? Can someone please help me out. I have seen 5 replies to one person and no one has helped me. Please guys.. help me out.

Hello CrimsonKiss07,

Have patient mate. Your problem can be solved. I do suggest you to contact our live support (when you see the icon show online) which you can get them at www.games4theworld.org
Narong30
Narong30
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jul 2011, 05:33

Narong30 wrote:
CrimsonKiss07 wrote:I have the "MUST READ INSTALL SIMS" page open and I am following the steps like told. I just installed the Sims3 Base Game, but in order to install Generations, it says I need to update the game to the latest version. Now I have the file that will update the program to version 1.22 which is the only way Generations can be installed, but your instructions don't say anything about updating the Base game. So, do I need to do this or is there a way to install Generations without it? Thank you so much for the help. I've been dying to play for days, but I kept getting the message "The Sims must close" and then it does. Thanks again!

Hello CrimsonKiss07,

Have patient mate. Your problem can be solved. I do suggest you to contact our live support (when you see the icon show online) which you can get them at www.games4theworld.org

Hi thanks for the reply and I'm sorry I didn't meant to be so impatient, but I've been struggling with this for days! Sad The website shows that they are very busy and don't come online often, so I need to know if anyone else here can help me with this issue?

I installed "Generations" from this site and followed all the instructions, but it still says "Sims 3 has stopped working" and then closes. I followed the instructions perfectly.. I don't get it. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Narong30 Fri 22 Jul 2011, 05:36

CrimsonKiss07 wrote:
Narong30 wrote:

Hello CrimsonKiss07,

Hi thanks for the reply and I'm sorry I didn't meant to be so impatient, but I've been struggling with this for days! Sad The website shows that they are very busy and don't come online often, so I need to know if anyone else here can help me with this issue?

I installed "Generations" from this site and followed all the instructions, but it still says "Sims 3 has stopped working" and then closes. I followed the instructions perfectly.. I don't get it. Sad

I believe the Live Support staff will be online soon. We need to understand, the technical staff also have their own busy life. And we have different GMT with them.

But I still believe, they will fix your problem by today. Don't worry.
Narong30
Narong30
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jul 2011, 07:15

Thank you for the replies Narong30.. Customer Support is still offline and I know they are crazy busy.. It's too bad there isn't a like wait in line number lol. How can we just sit by the computer and keep refreshing for hours hoping it will come online? Wat.

Anyways, I made some progress and when I opened the launcher it finally said there was an update, it starts and gets to 100%, then the install wizard pops up and I hit install and the new box starts up and right as it's about to finish it gives me the error, "Update Error: Invalid File Found."
What file is it talking about and how can I fix his? It is also still crashing saying "Sims 3 has stopped working."

I think a big issue could be whether or not I'm supposed to update the Sims3 to version 1.22 with a patch since I can't install Generations unless that is the version of Sims you are running. Also need to know if I am to install the EA Download Manager.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 22 Jul 2011, 09:24

Hello Crimsonkiss07,

Yes, you have to install EA downloadmanager, you're going to need it to patch your game. Also make sure to unblock it in your firewall.
In my signature you will find 2 links, one tells you exactly which steps to follow to correctly install The Sims 3 and its expansions. The other goes to a post about the ultimate fix, I strongly recommend you use it after you finish installing.
Now for your update problem: I believe that you can update your base game before installing Generations without consequence. And as long as you have EA downloadmanager, you should be able to update your game during this time.
Please let us know if this helps and don't hesitate to post if you run into any more problems.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jul 2011, 17:00

you should really try TeamViewer like me if your still having troubles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jul 2011, 20:09

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello Crimsonkiss07,

Yes, you have to install EA downloadmanager, you're going to need it to patch your game. Also make sure to unblock it in your firewall.
In my signature you will find 2 links, one tells you exactly which steps to follow to correctly install The Sims 3 and its expansions. The other goes to a post about the ultimate fix, I strongly recommend you use it after you finish installing.
Now for your update problem: I believe that you can update your base game before installing Generations without consequence. And as long as you have EA downloadmanager, you should be able to update your game during this time.
Please let us know if this helps and don't hesitate to post if you run into any more problems.

THANK YOU ALL for your replies. Smile I really appreciate everyone's help. I definitely followed the instructions on both of those links you have when I found this site because I have uninstalled about 6 times already! Lol and so, I installed everything properly and did everything the .pdf file said. The Launcher opens and when I hit Play the black screen comes on like it's going to load and still says, "Sims has stopped working" and then you have to click the close button because there is no way to get around it. (I tried hehe) So, at this point that is what I'm having a problem with and I know I installed it correctly.. The Patch for version 1.22 is off the main site however, but other torrent users say that's the patch they used and it works. Maybe I need to be using a different one? Ugh.. I don't know. Any ideas?

Last edited by CrimsonKiss07 on Fri 22 Jul 2011, 20:10; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : EDIT: TeamViewer? I will look that up thank you. :))

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 22 Jul 2011, 23:48

CrimsonKiss07 wrote:
Lady ElDi wrote:Hello Crimsonkiss07,

THANK YOU ALL for your replies. Smile I really appreciate everyone's help. I definitely followed the instructions on both of those links you have when I found this site because I have uninstalled about 6 times already! Lol and so, I installed everything properly and did everything the .pdf file said. The Launcher opens and when I hit Play the black screen comes on like it's going to load and still says, "Sims has stopped working" and then you have to click the close button because there is no way to get around it. (I tried hehe) So, at this point that is what I'm having a problem with and I know I installed it correctly.. The Patch for version 1.22 is off the main site however, but other torrent users say that's the patch they used and it works. Maybe I need to be using a different one? Ugh.. I don't know. Any ideas?
Hello,

Yes, for your and our ease, please contact our TeamViewer support via www.games4theworld.info and ask them to fix everything for you. Wink
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jul 2011, 07:11

hey um admin im not going to be on my laptop till sunday so we do the installation is that ok ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 23 Jul 2011, 23:58

chucknorris5 wrote:hey um admin im not going to be on my laptop till sunday so we do the installation is that ok ?
Hi there,

No problem mate, I'll be on the Live Support now and then. Just contact me when you've got the time.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jul 2011, 19:27

i am ready to install the sims 3 admin Very Happy

//EDIT

YAY

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 26 Jul 2011, 22:58

Hello,

Problem solved via TeamViewer.
What I did: complete clean installation of The Sims 3 + Most of the expansions.

Have fun playing!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top