Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Sims 3 has stopped working' Windows 8 Crash Error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'Sims 3 has stopped working' Windows 8 Crash Error Empty 'Sims 3 has stopped working' Windows 8 Crash Error

Post by Guest Sun 20 Oct 2013, 01:07

I bought a new laptop in anticipation of TS4 and because I simply wanted a better computer, however at random times during game play (not on loading screens as of yet)it will crash to desktop with the error 'Sims 3 has stopped working' and will search for a solution before force closing. 

I have all expansions up to Seasons except for Showtime and World Adventures, plus some CC. 

My laptop: 

HP Envy Dv7 

Intel(R) Core(TN) i7-3630 CPU @ 2.40 Hz/GHz 

64-Bit OS 

Nvidia GeForce HD Graphics GT 630M 

Please also note that I have not yet patched to 1.63.

Back to top Go down

'Sims 3 has stopped working' Windows 8 Crash Error Empty Re: 'Sims 3 has stopped working' Windows 8 Crash Error

Post by Guest Sun 20 Oct 2013, 19:54

Please patch to 1.63 using the Manual Patch, then download the Ultimate Fix and copy the files from the #Crack folder to the base game installation folder.
See if this helps...
Otherwise, try tips from this topic.

Back to top Go down

'Sims 3 has stopped working' Windows 8 Crash Error Empty Re: 'Sims 3 has stopped working' Windows 8 Crash Error

Post by Guest Tue 22 Oct 2013, 13:58

Hey! I'm having the same problem and I already updated to 1.63 and applied the ultimate fix(the updated one)... I can play for about 5-10 min (longer if I keep saving the game) but it's very slow and keeps stopping until it closes completely and says 'the sims 3 just stopped working'...

I have the Sims 2 seasons, pets and master suit stuff... All downloaded from here, with the instructions on how to properly instal sims 3...

Thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 22 Oct 2013, 14:45

Rafa wrote:Hey! I'm having the same problem and I already updated to 1.63 and applied the ultimate fix(the updated one)... I can play for about 5-10 min (longer if I keep saving the game) but it's very slow and keeps stopping until it closes completely and says 'the sims 3 just stopped working'...

I have the Sims 2 seasons, pets and master suit stuff... All downloaded from here, with the instructions on how to properly instal sims 3...

Thanks Smile
Please open a new topic so that we can help you individually and effectively.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Oct 2013, 16:20

Hello there! I can understand your problem because I also have Windows 8 too! I have had that happen to me too. You have a very nice laptop so I don't think it's your processor. Do you have any mods or CC? I know that outdated mods have screwed up my game BIG time! If not uninstall and reinstall the base game only, you will need to re-install and apply the crack/ultimate fix.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top