Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 has Stopped Working error - EP all the way to Into the Future & Windows 8.1

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 has Stopped Working error - EP all the way to Into the Future & Windows 8.1 Empty Sims 3 has Stopped Working error - EP all the way to Into the Future & Windows 8.1

Post by Guest Sun 15 Dec 2013, 21:26

I'm hoping you guys can help me with this issue...

I receive the following errors when attempting to play Sims 3 Into the Future...

Sims 3 has Stopped Working error - EP all the way to Into the Future & Windows 8.1 Screenshot_27

And then I receive this error as well:

Sims 3 has Stopped Working error - EP all the way to Into the Future & Windows 8.1 Stopped_working

Here is my system information:

I am running Windows 8.1 Enterprise Edition

Sims 3 has Stopped Working error - EP all the way to Into the Future & Windows 8.1 Ts3win8_1version

As you can see I have 7 gigs of ram, and I'm running on an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8gHtz Processor. Which should be plenty.
The free space on my C Drive (drive 0) is : 143GB
The free space on my D Drive (drive 1) is : 535GB

The following Sims games & Expansion Packs have been installed with the last installation being Into the Future

Sims 3 has Stopped Working error - EP all the way to Into the Future & Windows 8.1 Ts3versionsinstalled

Please note these are installed on my D drive which is Drive 1 and not my operating system drive which is drive 0. This is the 3rd fresh install (including removing registry entries etc from previous installs) of the game and I have installed it on Drive 0 (C) during the second attempt to resolve the issue wondering if it was a File Path issue with the cracks.

I have followed all the steps in the instructions for your Ultimate Fix.

I installed all the games, applied the various cracks based on the folders they're in. Then I installed the Patch to update the game to 1.63. Finally after updating I copied over the cracks from the #Crack folder.

I have completed the following steps a few times - including right before taking the screenshots;
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

This is what happens when I run the game: 

First I get the launcher:

Sims 3 has Stopped Working error - EP all the way to Into the Future & Windows 8.1 Ts3version

As you can see the version is 1.63.5.024002 as displayed in the bottom left. In addition you can see that all expansion packs were installed.

I continued by pressing the play button and got to where you chose your neighborhood...

Sims 3 has Stopped Working error - EP all the way to Into the Future & Windows 8.1 Screenshot_14

I changed the neighborhood to Sunset Valley (note this reacts the same way on all of the neighborhoods) 
Sims 3 has Stopped Working error - EP all the way to Into the Future & Windows 8.1 Screenshot_15:

One thing I found kind of frustrating was that all the text on the buttons is missing - as you can see in the following and above screenshots:

Sims 3 has Stopped Working error - EP all the way to Into the Future & Windows 8.1 Screenshot_16

Except in the options for graphics. Notice the graphics resolution is set to the same resolution as my monitor: 

Sims 3 has Stopped Working error - EP all the way to Into the Future & Windows 8.1 Screenres

I have tried multiple resolutions including 1024x768 in the game and it doesn't appear to be a resolution issue for the craShing on load.

So after my neighborhood is selected I click on the check mark and then I get this: (notice the missing text on the buttons again)

Sims 3 has Stopped Working error - EP all the way to Into the Future & Windows 8.1 Screenshot_17

I click on the right button which should be continue playing w/o logging into the account...
Sims 3 has Stopped Working error - EP all the way to Into the Future & Windows 8.1 Screenshot_20

I get the plain white screen with the loading bar.... then it throws the error messages listed below:

Sims 3 has Stopped Working error - EP all the way to Into the Future & Windows 8.1 Screenshot_27

And: 

Sims 3 has Stopped Working error - EP all the way to Into the Future & Windows 8.1 Stopped_working

I have tried running it in compatibility mode for windows 8 and windows 7

Sims 3 has Stopped Working error - EP all the way to Into the Future & Windows 8.1 Compatibility

And running it as an administrator.

Any suggestions and further troubleshooting steps would be greatly appreciated... and I sincerely wonder if its because I am running Windows 8.1 Enterprise edition and installing the game on drive 1 (D:) instead of my Drive 0 (C:).

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 has Stopped Working error - EP all the way to Into the Future & Windows 8.1 Empty Re: Sims 3 has Stopped Working error - EP all the way to Into the Future & Windows 8.1

Post by Guest Mon 16 Dec 2013, 09:40

Did you apply the Ultimate Fix correctly?

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 has Stopped Working error - EP all the way to Into the Future & Windows 8.1 Empty Re: Sims 3 has Stopped Working error - EP all the way to Into the Future & Windows 8.1

Post by Guest Sat 28 Dec 2013, 20:34

Yes, I copied each over to their correct folders - then did the update and applied the ultimate fix afterwards.

I included the following information in my assistance request:

"I have followed all the steps in the instructions for your Ultimate Fix.

I installed all the games, applied the various cracks based on the folders they're in. Then I installed the Patch to update the game to 1.63. Finally after updating I copied over the cracks from the #Crack folder.

I have completed the following steps a few times - including right before taking the screenshots;
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly"

//EDIT

Wow, nearly 2 months and no replies Sims 3 has Stopped Working error - EP all the way to Into the Future & Windows 8.1 Icon_sad Well that stinks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Feb 2014, 04:54

I have been experiencing these issues, adn only if I install with torrents... I have a good portion of the games on origin, but I cant use seasons or isladn paradise on here with it torrented, and it sucks

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 12 Feb 2014, 06:40

Jacque wrote:Yes, I copied each over to their correct folders - then did the update and applied the ultimate fix afterwards.

I included the following information in my assistance request:

"I have followed all the steps in the instructions for your Ultimate Fix.

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly"

//EDIT

Wow, nearly 2 months and no replies Sims 3 has Stopped Working error - EP all the way to Into the Future & Windows 8.1 Icon_sad Well that stinks!

//MOVED

Hello,

First, I'd like to apologize on behalf of the team for not getting back to you. The volume of posts makes it sometimes difficult to keep up with everything on here. Also, most of the other Helpers and Moderators just do not have the time (anymore) to keep up with this in general.

For the future, if your problem has been "overlooked", feel free to contact one of the (active) Helpers or Moderators via private messaging, if you do not get an answer within 24 hours of your original message.

Back to your problem, please, again, make sure that you re-do the steps from #2 to #4 here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Since you posted your problem, the Ultimate fix has been updated twice, so please re-do these steps. Besides, experience usually tells me that most people underestimate this little guide (unfortunately).

Next, have a look at this topic here and do all steps: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

Focus on step #3 in particular. Download the "4 GB patch" from here. After downloading, double-click on that 4 GB patch and in the next prompt, choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location. Usually, that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Wait for the message "executable successfully patched" and close the 4 GB patch.

Then go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete all contents inside the Currentgame.sims3 folder. Also, in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

I guess that's it for now. If you want, keep us updated. In any case, good luck ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Feb 2014, 02:21

Thank you for giving me some additional steps to try. And for bringing to my attention the latest patch releases.

First I started the download of the latest update to 1.67.2.0240xx
Second I downloaded "4gb_patch.zip"

The Sims 3 crashes / freezes to Desktop fix. (Updated on: 7-01-2014) https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

Step 1: 
  - Deleted (after backing up the folder to the desktop) C:\Users\Jacque\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3
  - Attempted to reload the game - Same issue still exists

Step 2:
  - Now, I have Windows 8.1 - but I'm making an attempt to try to find the DEP Exceptions in my operating system - If I find them I will include them as well.
  = Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System
  = Clicked on Advanced System Settings on the left Side
  - System Properties opened.
  - Under the Performance Section I clicked 'Settings"
  - Data Execution Prevention Tab
  - "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select" already has a filled in radio button
  - in Addition, there were 7 exceptions for Sims 3 and 15 exceptions for Sims 3 Starter Application.
  - I removed all of them and navigated using the "Add" Button to each and every executable 
  - Summary View:
   - 7 TSLHelper
   - 15 Sims 3Launcher Starter Application
   - 16 Sims 3 Starter Application
   - 8 Sims 3
   - 7 S3Launcher
  - I clicked Apply, then I clicked OK. I clicked OK to close out of System Properties and I closed my System Information Window.

(Saved my Notepad Documentation of ALL Steps While I reboot My computer - Eh - well Perhaps not yet on the reboot - I'm waiting for TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update.exe to finish downloading)

While I'm waiting for that download to complete - I went on to step 3...

Step 3: Assigning More RAM memory to the game
  - I have already downloaded the tool 
  - Patched both TS3.EXE and TS3W.EXE

Continuing to wait for the download to complete... I move on to step 4.

Step 4: 3D Graphics Settings
  - This doesn't apply to my issue

Step 5: This was fixed in Generations - as per your statements

Step 6: System Requirements
  - Used the System Requirements tool for "The Sims 3 Into the Future"
  - Received this notice: "Congratulations, your computer passes the minimum specification required to run this product."
  - Please see screenshot below

Sims 3 has Stopped Working error - EP all the way to Into the Future & Windows 8.1 210

Step 7: I have a 64 Bit version of Windows - does not apply

Continuing to wait for download to complete so I can restart my system. And try to load The Sims 3 Into the Future again.

Download completed
Downloading the Ultimate Fix (latest Version)
Download Completed.

Restarting Computer

Attempted to Load Sims 3 Into the Future - Same error

Sims 3 has Stopped Working error - EP all the way to Into the Future & Windows 8.1 112

Applied latest Manual Patch
Applied Ultimate Fix as per instructions

Restarted Computer again

Attempted to Load Sims 3 Into the Future

I got to the part where you select your town and click the check box - but now I have no towns, I have no options - and I can't go further... 

Screenshots are shown below...

Sims 3 has Stopped Working error - EP all the way to Into the Future & Windows 8.1 311Sims 3 has Stopped Working error - EP all the way to Into the Future & Windows 8.1 410

As you can see - there aren't any options at all. Unfortunately I can go no further so I had to Alt+F4 on the game. I could not even exit properly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Feb 2014, 12:09

Please go back on the System Requirements page and update all your drivers.
Then try again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Feb 2014, 18:17

Sims 3 has Stopped Working error - EP all the way to Into the Future & Windows 8.1 Captur10

Went through one by one and updated drivers for my system. 

According to windows, intel, nvidia, and amd - my drivers are up to 

date (including video). 

When clicking on the links for the "Latest Windows Drivers" it 

basically an advertisement for a driver updater.. So, all drivers 

have been updated as far as the  manufacturer goes - 

Sims 3 has Stopped Working error - EP all the way to Into the Future & Windows 8.1 Captur11

By the way - 

There isn't a 'driver' for "Click here for the latest free disk 

space drivers" that's a clean up issue. And I have 524.7GB Free 

when it only requires 1.5GB of Disk Space. (And that's after the 

installation of the game & add on packs.

Sims 3 has Stopped Working error - EP all the way to Into the Future & Windows 8.1 Captur12

Sound Card - I have HDMI Audio - it comes through my ATI Radeon 

4600 Card - which is up to date according to the ATI Website.

Sims 3 has Stopped Working error - EP all the way to Into the Future & Windows 8.1 Amd_hd10

Video Card - It shows the onboard video on my motherboard, which is 

the nforce 730i with a video chipset of the GeForce 9300. 

Originally I had a second video card that was the Geforce GT220. 

The HDMI port died on that card - so I replaced it with my backcup 

ATI Radeon 4600. 

Sims 3 has Stopped Working error - EP all the way to Into the Future & Windows 8.1 Nvidia10

Sims 3 has Stopped Working error - EP all the way to Into the Future & Windows 8.1 Ati_ra10

But as you can see, My Pixel Shader, Vertex Shader, & Dedicated 

Onboard video Ram are considerably higher then the requirements of 

the game. In addition, my ATI Radeon card - which is the screen 

(have 3 screens on this system) that is primary is running off my 

ATI Radeon 4600 (32 inch). That is a 1GB Video Card. I'm not sure 

why it chose to only show the GeForce 9300 Information. 

Sims 3 has Stopped Working error - EP all the way to Into the Future & Windows 8.1 Captur12

As you can see my Windows 8.1 Enterprise is up to date (see 

screenshot). 

Sims 3 has Stopped Working error - EP all the way to Into the Future & Windows 8.1 Window10

System ram requirements are 1.5GB for Windows 7. Windows 8.1 is 

more efficient on ram - but I do understand that with each 

expansion pack more ram is needed. I have 7 GB of ram installed in 

my system - even though the system requirements state I have only 

6.7GB (which is probably available system ram). 

CPU - it has the latest up to date drivers
The system requirements are a Pentium 4, 2.4GHz Processor - perhaps 

they're requiring hyperthreading - but I have 2 actual cores, and a 

2.8Ghz processor - so I exceed here as well.

Restarted computer because there was an optional update for Windows 

Attempted to load the game and I still get the blank menus again

Sims 3 has Stopped Working error - EP all the way to Into the Future & Windows 8.1 Screen10

Sims 3 has Stopped Working error - EP all the way to Into the Future & Windows 8.1 Screen11

I did an alt+F4 and shut down the game

Sims 3 has Stopped Working error - EP all the way to Into the Future & Windows 8.1 Screen12

I noticed on a different thread that the crack might be an issue 

and you guys wanted to verify the location that it is being 

installed to... I have included the path as well as the screenshot 

of that as well

Sims 3 has Stopped Working error - EP all the way to Into the Future & Windows 8.1 Path10

Doing some reading - Windows 8.1 has a new kernal even from windows 

8. IT has considerable issues (According to the EA Games forums) 

with the Sims 3 Expansion Packs. The base game was patched, and is 

playable without issue on Windows 8.1. However, in the forums, time 

and again the minute any expansion pack is added to the game, the 

game is unplayable on Windows 8.1. 

I guess I have to wait for the Sims 4 to come out - or downgrade my 

Operating System to Windows 7 (which I'm nearly about to do anyway 

lol).

Sims 3 has Stopped Working error - EP all the way to Into the Future & Windows 8.1 Sims_410

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Feb 2014, 02:07

Okay, just installed Windows 7 Ultimate on a separate hard drive, and I have a dual boot set up - will let you know my status once everything is re-installed. It really stinks that I had to do this though Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top