Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't play The Sims 3 can you help? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't play The Sims 3  can you help? [SOLVED] Empty Can't play The Sims 3 can you help? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 20 Oct 2013, 14:04

Hello everyone,
I do have some issue with the Sims 3, I downloded most of the eps from you (thanks)
I follow the instructions of the installation, I applied the manual patch when asked and of course the ultimate fix.
So when I start the game the launcher shows up and game stars, everything is fine until it makes me go back to the desktop and I have an error message : It seems you have install an unofficial game modification, that doesn't fit with your actual Sims 3 game. We recommend you to uninstall these modifications or get updates for it; otherwise you'll get crashes and huge freezes. Would you like to continue?"

I choose no, I quit the game, I choose yes the intro starts and everything is fine  again until the Main menu where I have to choose a world to live in, then I choose and... Crash!!!  And the message box saying that The sims 3 has stoppped working..

I've tried everything even the DEP thing but iI got the same problems.
Thanks for any help

Back to top Go down

Can't play The Sims 3  can you help? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't play The Sims 3 can you help? [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. Sun 20 Oct 2013, 14:15

Please redownload the manual patch and the Ultimate Fix everytime a new patch is released here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly. (which means you have to re-do steps 2-4 of this guide again). Just in case the files confuse you, delete the old Ultimate Fix and the outdated manual patch.

Also, mods can contribute to this error. Do you have any mods?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Can't play The Sims 3  can you help? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't play The Sims 3 can you help? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 20 Oct 2013, 14:39

Ok I'll do it now and let you know, and about Mods yes but at the first time I play The Electronic Arts folder doesn't exist in my case I have to launch the game one first time to have it so I couldn't use mods as long as the folder isn't here, and it crashes anyways, and when I create the folder and place them in the game crashes as well, so I remove them and start playing and couldn't enjoy cause it crashes again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Oct 2013, 15:51

Well I did what you told me and actually it works great, can play again thanks a lot!!Hammertime

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 20 Oct 2013, 16:16

Glad to hear that!

Topic closed.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top