Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sim gets stuck when Inspecting Portal (Sims 3 Into The Future). [SOLVED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sim gets stuck when Inspecting Portal (Sims 3 Into The Future). [SOLVED] Empty Sim gets stuck when Inspecting Portal (Sims 3 Into The Future). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 25 Oct 2013, 18:28

My sim gets stuck whenever inspecting the portal, it just repeats the same animation and I can't cancel the interaction so I end up just resetting my sim. 

I have very few custom content on my game, mostly just makeup and contacts, I dont have any mods which change my game like MasterController/awesomemod, except for mods that skip the intro of the sims. I dont have any store content either.

I've tried clearing my cache, removing all my mods, deleting the Electronic Arts folder in my documents folder, reinstalling Sims 3 Into The Future expansion pack +reapplying the Ultimate Fix for mac. And nothing.

Any suggestions? 

Sim gets stuck when Inspecting Portal (Sims 3 Into The Future). [SOLVED] Simsit10
This happens forever^ until I reset my sim. Help

Back to top Go down

Sim gets stuck when Inspecting Portal (Sims 3 Into The Future). [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sim gets stuck when Inspecting Portal (Sims 3 Into The Future). [SOLVED]

Post by Phoebe Fri 25 Oct 2013, 18:38

Hello!

I had the same problem! And figured it out that the game should spawn its own Portal, like spawning weather stone.I believe you bought the portal from buy mode, right?

It makes game stuck inspecting it.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Sim gets stuck when Inspecting Portal (Sims 3 Into The Future). [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sim gets stuck when Inspecting Portal (Sims 3 Into The Future). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 25 Oct 2013, 18:47

Nope, it spawned by itself with the notification a few minutes after i moved my family into a house. And after that happen I bought a portal from Buy Mode and it did the same thing

I'll try deleting the Electronic Arts folder & reinstall the expansion pack again

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Fri 25 Oct 2013, 19:00

Oh... Mine was normal when I continued to another saved game.. Maybe it's about new games? Let me check this in other sites too. Seems a serious problem.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Oct 2013, 19:57

Still didnt work. If there aren't any other solutions than I might consider reinstalling the Sims 3 base game again + all the expansion/stuff packs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Fri 25 Oct 2013, 20:13

Hello,

Reinstalling should be your last solution, please let us to search a while and find for a solution. I'll update your topic when I find something, ok?
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Oct 2013, 20:57

Hi! I just registered to comment here, since I have the same problem and even though I wasn't able to fix it yet, I might throw some light to finding out what the problem is.

As ss1808 said, any Sim gets stuck whenever inspecting the portal. Everything else is normal and you can keep playing, but that Sim will be stuck forever in that action and the only way to free them is by resetting that Sim.

However, I found out that the problem seems to be with the Oasis Landing world, since I tried Edit Town to at least see how the new world was, but the loading screen takes forever, just the same as when inspecting portal. I waited three hours and it never loaded.

I have all expansions and stuff packs, and no custom content at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Oct 2013, 21:40

Yeah, Im planning to wait since I just posted this thread today. But thank you Phoebe! Smile

@leandruskis
I haven't tried going to Edit Town to see the Oasis Landing world so I'm kinda curious. And are you a Mac user as well? 

But yeah, both loading screens and loading towns from the main menu take quite some time to load for me. They do load for me, its just that they take a long time to do so. Had this issue after the latest patch. Not a huge problem, I can deal with long loading screens. 

Anyways all the other objects from the expansion pack in Buy Mode work fine for me since I was playing around with them just now, well except for the Portal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Oct 2013, 14:42

have the same problem, it start's yesterday. before the portal worked fine and i played some hours in oasis landing after i traveled back my game freezes at the same simstime, now i started a new family and all my sims gets stuck  inspecting  the portal. i have just nraas mastercontroller and overwatch. i moved the Mods folder and restart the game, i moved the entire sims 3 folder and restart the game but this don't solve the problem. is really frustrating -.-

EDIT: oh i'm sorry i just saw that this is for Mac users

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Oct 2013, 17:08

^You should start your own thread under the Sims 3 in-game problems, there are probably more PC users that can help you Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Oct 2013, 17:58

Do you have any store fixes in your mods folder??
If you do, that might be the problem..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Oct 2013, 20:55

If you're asking me then nope, no store fixes cause I deleted all my store content. My downloads folder is clear. But I do have mods, which I tried removing when I deleted the Electronic Arts folder but it still didn't work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Sun 27 Oct 2013, 11:23

Hello all,

After having some research about it, I have learnt it's a common problem for both PC and Mac users and there is no solution for that. As no one agreed about what might have caused the problem. 

I only found a solution about it, and it says deleteing .cache files but it was no use for me.. 

I'll keep searching, I hope we find a solution soon.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Oct 2013, 11:42

Me too, I'm having this kind of problem... I'm always stuck.

*Edit

Now its now working. Whay I did is I remove the "Documents\Electronic Arts" and delete the folder name "The Sims 3" so everything my save game, mod and store content will be deleted then I start a new game and save and quit.

after that I install the store content and the fix store and when all done I open the game again and load my save game and when a time portal appear in my lot and inspect it the future guy appear in the portal..

Sorry for my bad english...

I'm a filipino

Last edited by Sentinel on Sun 27 Oct 2013, 12:08; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Sun 27 Oct 2013, 11:56

Hello Sentinel,

If you haven't tried yet, can you check if the protal is working or not in old save games before Into the Future?
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Oct 2013, 13:36

I actually managed to find a way, sort of to get to Oasis Landing. But I'm still unsure cause I haven't played much with it and I came across few issues. 

So basically, the family I'm playing with Island Paradise had a sim which had over 30k lifetime happiness points and I got the Time Control Remote? (I think that's what it's called), cause I was curious. So I changed it to the Utopian future, and then I changed it back to the Normal future.

I bought a Portal from Buy Mode and had my sim inspect it. It took a sim hour till the time traveler arrived. (It can take up till 3 sim hours). The first time I did it with my Island Paradise family, I got the opportunity to collect the power cells. And I managed to go to the future. Loading Oasis Landing took around 10 minutes for me. And all was good.

So I decided to try use my 2nd family, the one I originally wanted to take to the future. I moved them in, used the "cheat" to increase my lifetime happiness points with testingcheatsenabled true (which sometimes doesn't work). My sim took 3 sim hours to inspect the portal before the time traveler came. But for some reason with my 2nd family I didn't get any opportunities to collect the power cells. I think it was because my sim got interrupted by the neighbours which cancelled the interaction with the time traveler but still I'm unsure.

I tried making my sim talk to the time traveler but I still couldn't activate the opportunity. Either way, my sim from the 2nd family still had the ability to go to the future through the Portal. But after my sim arrived, she didn't get any opportunities over there, none. And she didn't receive the jet pack (which you're suppose to get when you reach Oasis landing, right?). The time traveler just talked to her when we arrived and that was it. 

Anyways both families were made after Into The Future and so far I haven't played much so I'm still unsure. I'm gonna try make another family, but its hard cause the cheat to increase your lifetime happiness points doesn't always work.

//edit
I don't have the option to Fly Around with the jet pack, am I missing something? And the hoverboards don't work, my sim just walks even when I set it to "Use Instead of Walking".

Sorry that there so many issues with my game >_<

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 27 Oct 2013, 14:13

The option to fly around with jetpack and to use hoverboards only appear when you click the ground.

As for the portal, it seems to be that this happens to a lot of people and it's a very nasty glitch. However, this can also be mod-and-CC-related. Check if the mods/CC are compatible before using them.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Oct 2013, 15:40

Yeah I cleared my cache and it solved the hoverboard problem. Still don't have the option to Fly Around

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 27 Oct 2013, 17:33

ss1808 wrote:Yeah I cleared my cache and it solved the hoverboard problem. Still don't have the option to Fly Around
As I have mentioned before, only if you clicked on the ground, this option will appear. Also please check if you have "activated" the use of the jetpack by clicking on it in the inventory and choose "Use it instead of walking". You cannot use both teleportation devices at the same time!

Also be sure the ground you click on is of outdoors. Otherwise, the option won't appear.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Oct 2013, 18:08

OH i found it. You have to click your sim and its under Jetpack>Fly Around. The option you mentioned was the Fly Here option. Anyways thank you Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 27 Oct 2013, 18:09

ss1808 wrote:OH i found it. You have to click your sim and its under Jetpack>Fly Around. The option you mentioned was the Fly Here option. Anyways thank you Very Happy
Oh my mistake... Anyhow, glad that you found it.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Oct 2013, 02:46

OK . same problem with me .

Use the jetpack until your advanced technology increased for two level . after that you inspect the portal cos it won't work unless you are level 2 .

I have the faster skill mod . I went to the site to update it and it worked just fine .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Oct 2013, 07:10

:O That's great. I had to do it the hard way and get the Time Control Remote xD I'll try it out and see how it goes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Oct 2013, 07:13

Yay ! Good luck sweety ! And happy simming ! xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Wed 30 Oct 2013, 11:31

Still, I have no possible solution with this problem. I am still searching though, but still if you guys want to travel to the future, you need to purchase it with your life time happiness.

I'll update the post if I have a solution. Stay tuned please.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top