Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In game crashing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In game crashing  Empty In game crashing

Post by Guest Tue 05 Nov 2013, 18:29

Hello! 

I installed University Life yesterday and after a few minutes of the game loading it suddenly crashes. I searched the other forums for a solution but I haven't found anything that helped. I have the Ultimate fix 1.63, and I downloaded Island Paradise last week. Those are the only two expansions I have downloaded from g4tw. I tried uninstalling University life and reinstalling it but that did not work. I tried fixing it through the DEP method, but there were no files in the 'bin' folders. I uninstalled University but the game still crashes when I try to load a family. I am also getting a "You have installed an unofficial version of the game..." notification before my game loads. Island Paradise worked perfectly and I didn't have any problems with it. I did read somewhere that you have to download the expansions in the right order, but I did not know that til after I installed University. Oh, and I have no mods installed and only like 2 cc items. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks.

Edit: I have uninstalled island paradise as well as the cc, I am still getting the notification stating "It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of The Sims 3. We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them -otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs." My game is up to date, and I no longer have anything unofficial installed. I think.

Back to top Go down

In game crashing  Empty Re: In game crashing

Post by Sephymuffins Tue 05 Nov 2013, 20:06

Hello,

You're actually encountering a simple-fix kind of error!  When you have crashing and the game is telling you you are using an 'unofficial modification', it basically means that the Ultimate Fix was NOT applied properly.  I highly suggest you click on one or both of the links in my signature (as one is a five step solution and the other is a video on how to do the five steps efficiently without mess-up). 

If after you've done these things you still have problems, errors or questions, please feel free to let us know as we're always here to help!

Let me know your progress and good luck!  Smile
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Nov 2013, 01:14

So far is has not crashed and the notification hasn't shown up! Thank you soo much for the help!
Just one question.
If I want to download another expansion would I put the # crack files in the bin as the installation guide suggests, use the ones found in the Ultimate fix download, or just ignore them? 

Thank you again for the help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Wed 06 Nov 2013, 01:16

Hello,

You're better off downloading all the expansions you want first THEN applying the manual patch and Ultimate Fix.

However, I do understand that sometimes these things don't all happen at once, so what you'd want to do is even if you've already applied the Ultimate Fix and you've downloaded/installed a new expansion, reapply the Ultimate Fix and you should be good to go!  Remember to back up any saves though, before reapplying the Fix because sometimes it can erase your save data (as it's cleanly resetting a few different files in the Sims 3 folder).

Smile
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Nov 2013, 04:02

Awesome! Thanks again! What a Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Wed 06 Nov 2013, 04:10

You're welcome!
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top