Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Generations installation odd, I think... [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Generations installation odd, I think... [SOLVED] Empty Generations installation odd, I think... [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 17 Jul 2011, 11:30

Hi there, this is my first time installing something from your site. So, I just downloaded your Sims 3 Generation which is more than 4.7 GB in size and installed it right away. The installation completed, i haven't apply the crack yet cause i read in the installation guide with the fix, that you must not apply the crack if you haven't install all the EPs you want. The problem is, when i have finished installing the generation in the C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Generations it says that it only contains 967 MB, isn't it supposed to be larger in size?? I just think it's odd to see the EP in less than a GB, i don't know if i'm installing it correctly. HELP! Does this seems odd to you or am i just being paranoid? Thank you in advance, this site is awesome. alien

Back to top Go down

Generations installation odd, I think... [SOLVED] Empty Re: Generations installation odd, I think... [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 17 Jul 2011, 11:48

Hello,
I had to check my own directory but no 976 MB seems about right, it is the same size here.
I think this will clear it up a little: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1418-the-sims-3-simple-installer-now-available , apparently those large files come with a whole lot of things you don't necessarily need. I'm sure another mod can give you more detailed information about this if you like, but for now you can play the game.
Enjoy:).
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Generations installation odd, I think... [SOLVED] Empty Re: Generations installation odd, I think... [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 17 Jul 2011, 11:56

Thank you!!! Ok, one more thing can i delete the folder that contains things that i extract from generations rar?? or do i need it in order to play??

thank you again

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 17 Jul 2011, 14:29

That's a good question, one I wouldn't dare answer, so I'm leaving that up to one of the others.
Glad I could be of help!
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 17 Jul 2011, 16:42

Psythink wrote:Thank you!!! Ok, one more thing can i delete the folder that contains things that i extract from generations rar?? or do i need it in order to play??

thank you again
Hello,

No, the files you extracted from the downloaded .rar file are only used for the installation itself, not for playing the game. So yes, you can delete those.
Though, if you delete the originally downloaded .rar file itself, you can not seed the file any more, which is not really appreciated by the P2P community.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Jul 2011, 16:49

Thanks, i don't have any intention to delete the original rar file i only want to delete the ones i unzip. I'll keep on seeding, don't worry Smile.

Thanks guys..

Admin edit: Don't worry, we won't give you less support if you don't seed, but it's just not really appreciated by the community and other people who want the files. Anyhow, thanks for seeding and have fun playing!

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top