Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The text missing problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The text missing problem Empty The text missing problem

Post by Guest Fri 08 Nov 2013, 09:17

This problem gets..well, worse. As I see on the forum. 
Let me explain mine:

I have this...bug?
I had origin and a boy gave me a real serial number and installed Sims 3 though there. I saw it made me problems so I uninstalled all the Sims 3 and it's expansion packs. After 2 hours of re-installing, the last thing I did saw update my game to the latest version of the patch.
I followed every step as I always do, but I keep having problems.
First, when I launch the game, there's nothing wrong. I get to the lauchscreen. Nothing wrong. When I get to the saved games/menu, there's a problem. My text bubbles don't appear and I have a problem at only one city: The new one, that came with Into the Future.
No description, nothing. 
When I get into the "create a sim", I get the clothes and etc, but the traits from Into the future (and also Pets, I think) have no name and no description, same for lifetime wishes.
And IN-game, I can't see the text bubbles or commands. Again, only for into-the-future; haven't tested for Pets.

I uninstalled the base game and update it to the previous patch and now it gives me the "unofficial" error. And still same problem.
I have applied the ULTIMATE FIX, and nothing happened. I also tried the "language" thing, over here https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t859-the-sims-3-text-balloons-not-showing-missing-fix and nothing.
I haven't yet uninstalled the future expansion pack but I don't think it will make the difference. As I had the problem before and when I uninstalled the expansion pack, it did nothing.

I'm stuck.Help  

PS: Sorry for my english. I'm in a hurry so yeah.

Back to top Go down

The text missing problem Empty Re: The text missing problem

Post by Guest Fri 08 Nov 2013, 09:30

Hello there 

are you playing the game on a pc with english setup? cause the link only work for english op system
if you have etc swedish op you should change the value to sv-sv or that language you installed your pc on 
let us know how it goes ^CB

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 08 Nov 2013, 10:53

LonelyWolf wrote:This problem gets..well, worse. As I see on the forum. 
Let me explain mine:

I have this...bug?
I had origin and a boy gave me a real serial number and installed Sims 3 though there. I saw it made me problems so I uninstalled all the Sims 3 and it's expansion packs. After 2 hours of re-installing, the last thing I did saw update my game to the latest version of the patch.
First, when I launch the game, there's nothing wrong. I get to the lauchscreen. Nothing wrong. When I get to the saved games/menu, there's a problem. My text bubbles don't appear and I have a problem at only one city: The new one, that came with Into the Future.
No description, nothing. 
When I get into the "create a sim", I get the clothes and etc, but the traits from Into the future (and also Pets, I think) have no name and no description, same for lifetime wishes.
And IN-game, I can't see the text bubbles or commands. Again, only for into-the-future; haven't tested for Pets.

I uninstalled the base game and update it to the previous patch and now it gives me the "unofficial" error. And still same problem.
I have applied the ULTIMATE FIX, and nothing happened. I also tried the "language" thing, over here https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t859-the-sims-3-text-balloons-not-showing-missing-fix and nothing.
I haven't yet uninstalled the future expansion pack but I don't think it will make the difference. As I had the problem before and when I uninstalled the expansion pack, it did nothing.

I'm stuck.Help  

Hello,

Are you using any mods ?

And: did you experience this problem in the past already ? Or did your game work at some point in the past ?

If the thing with the language change doesn't work, then you should try a correct clean un-install. First of all, go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/ and rename the folder "The Sims 3" into anything you like.

Then follow this guide here:  http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

After un-installing, re-boot the computer. And then go on with re-installing. Good luck, but unfortunately, there is not much else what I can suggest. Maybe another Helper knows more about this.

charmedboy1689 wrote:Hello there 

are you playing the game on a pc with english setup? cause the link only work for english op system
if you have etc swedish op you should change the value to sv-sv or that language you installed your pc on 
From what I understand, the language of your OS doesn't play any role in that. You've got to change the language of your game, basically. Your game's language can be different from the language of your OS (of course !).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Nov 2013, 18:42

charmedboy1689 wrote:Hello there 

Yes. My english's default OP is English. But it doesn't kinda matter, does it?

Carlos G.
LonelyWolf wrote:This problem gets..well, worse. As I see on the forum. 
Let me explain mine:

I have this...bug?
No description, nothing. 

I'm stuck.Help  

Hello,

Are you using any mods ? 

And: did you experience this problem in the past already ? Or did your game work at some point in the past ?

If the thing with the language change doesn't work, then you should try a correct clean un-install. First of all, go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/ and rename the folder "The Sims 3" into anything you like.

Then follow this guide here:  http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

After un-installing, re-boot the computer. And then go on with re-installing. Good luck, but unfortunately, there is not much else what I can suggest. Maybe another Helper knows more about this.
Just after installing the base game, I uninstalled all my mods.
Yes. With Seasons. I had to re-install the game because the glich was so bad I couldn't even start the game. But at first, the signs were just as this time. I don't know if it will escale.

That is just the way I've unistalled my game in the first place. But I'm going to uninstall the packs with the problem and follow your steps and then I'll tell if it went good or wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top