Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Freezes at unofficial game mod warning. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Freezes at unofficial game mod warning. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 Freezes at unofficial game mod warning. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 17 Jul 2011, 14:49

Hey,
I downloaded + installed all of the Sims 3 + expansions according to the ultimate fix guide, and when i open the sims launcher and select play, the screen goes black, as it does with the sims, and the 'unofficial game mod' warning pops up. but when i select 'ok', the computer freezes. i can't minimise or anything, i've tried leaving it for 10 minutes, but i end up having to do a forced restart. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you for all the downloads, and thank you in advance for any advice. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Freezes at unofficial game mod warning. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Freezes at unofficial game mod warning. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Sun 17 Jul 2011, 16:45

Hello,

Ah, another strange problem. Do you have any Custom Content / Mods?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Freezes at unofficial game mod warning. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Freezes at unofficial game mod warning. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 17 Jul 2011, 16:49

no, just the games themselves from you guys. i just restarted my computer, and now when trying to play, after pressing ok to the 'unofficial game mod' warning i'm getting this error: unable to start game service initialization failed (0x039e8474)

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 17 Jul 2011, 16:52

schmitty8 wrote:no, just the games themselves from you guys. i just restarted my computer, and now when trying to play, after pressing ok to the 'unofficial game mod' warning i'm getting this error: unable to start game service initialization failed (0x039e8474)
Hello,

Ah, that one sounds more familiar. Could you please post a screenshot of the folder where you copied the Generations crack to?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Jul 2011, 17:03

i can't do a screenshot sorry, as I don't know how to do one without a keyboard. don't laugh lol, my son spilt something all over it today, i've been using the on-screen keyboard. but i put it in program files> electronic arts> the sims 3> game> bin. i've figured out how to bypass this error, you open sims directly (not through the launcher) by goung to prog files > elec arts> the sims 3> game> bin> ts3w. it loads the game, but once i get in now, it's asking for the disc. all i have mounted is the 2 base game discs as i didn't know which file to mount for the other games because i'm blonde. sorry about that lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 17 Jul 2011, 17:07

schmitty8 wrote:i can't do a screenshot sorry, as I don't know how to do one without a keyboard. don't laugh lol, my son spilt something all over it today, i've been using the on-screen keyboard. but i put it in program files> electronic arts> the sims 3> game> bin. i've figured out how to bypass this error, you open sims directly (not through the launcher) by goung to prog files > elec arts> the sims 3> game> bin> ts3w. it loads the game, but once i get in now, it's asking for the disc. all i have mounted is the 2 base game discs as i didn't know which file to mount for the other games because i'm blonde. sorry about that lol.
Hello,

Sorry, I tried not to laugh when you talked about the keyboard thing.
Anyhow, first of all; there's no need to Mount anything. I'm 99,99% sure that you copied the crack to the wrong folder. Please re-check, you probably copied it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Generations\Game\Bin
instead of
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

Please tell me the result.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Jul 2011, 17:12

it's still asking for the generations game disc. should i try putting the base game crack back over the top of where i accidentally put the gen one in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin?

//EDIT

no shit, i read it properly now, i'll do it now lol. 1:13am here lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 17 Jul 2011, 17:14

schmitty8 wrote:it's still asking for the generations game disc. should i try putting the base game crack back over the top of where i accidentally put the gen one in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin?
Hello,

There's no base game crack needed. I think you mean the original files.
Here's what you should do at this point; apply this Fix: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly-must-read
Read the included "# Installation Guide.pdf" VERY CAREFULLY on where to put which files.

//EDIT

Ah ok, please let me know the result!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Jul 2011, 17:20

still not working, should i just do the fix with the pdf inside again?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 17 Jul 2011, 17:31

schmitty8 wrote:still not working, should i just do the fix with the pdf inside again?
Hello,

Yes, please do so.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Jul 2011, 17:34

i know what i did wrong /facepalm it wasn't where it was going TO, but rather where it was coming FROM. instead of pulling the files out of #crack> generations, i was pulling them out of generations. thank you for your patience lol. have a great day xoxo

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 17 Jul 2011, 23:21

schmitty8 wrote:i know what i did wrong /facepalm it wasn't where it was going TO, but rather where it was coming FROM. instead of pulling the files out of #crack> generations, i was pulling them out of generations. thank you for your patience lol. have a great day xoxo
Hello,

Ah, glad it works now. No problem at all. If you have any more problems in the future, please let us know! For now, have fun playing!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top