Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 has stopped working / Unofficial Game Mod? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 has stopped working / Unofficial Game Mod? [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 3 has stopped working / Unofficial Game Mod? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 12 Nov 2013, 07:32

I'm new to posting here, so please, forgive me if I'm in the wrong place!

Okay, so, my Sims 3 game is just NOT working! I feel like I've tried literally everything. I updated everything, used the manual patch and the ultimate fix, did the whole DEP thing, uninstalled ALL my mods, etc etc. I don't know what to do. I just want to play the Sims! Sad 

Before I did the DEP thing/uninstalled all of my mods, the game would crash when I tried to load a world-- "The Sims 3 has stopped working." I researched and researched, installed a ton of stuff like Delphy's Dashboard and the Crash Log Analyzer... nothing helped. After DEP/uninstalling mods, my game now quits before it starts, saying I have an unofficial game mod.

I'm so confused. Help, please?

EDIT: I found some really old CC in the Launcher and got rid of that, too, thinking it may have been the problem... I was wrong! My game is back to saying "The Sims 3 has stopped working" when trying to load a world.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 has stopped working / Unofficial Game Mod? [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 has stopped working / Unofficial Game Mod? [SOLVED]

Post by Sephymuffins Tue 12 Nov 2013, 08:07

Hello,

Lucky for you, your problem is actually very easily solved.  Wink

Please go into your Ultimate Fix.rar, pull up the .pdf file and see what date it says.  If it DOES NOT say 31-10-2013 then your Ultimate Fix is outdated - which is always what leads to the 'unofficial game mod' error and neighborhood loading screen crashing.  Smile

Go back here and download via the mirror link.  Once you do, just double check the date to be sure once again.  If it's dated the 31st of October, you're good to go!  Re-apply the Manual Patch, then copy, paste and override the contents of the Ultimate Fix's #Crack folder into your base game's /game/bin/ folder then load the game!  You shouldn't have any issues at that point.  

If you're not sure you are doing it right, please feel free to click on the tiny, white link in my signature, the one that says 'how to use the ultimate fix'.  I made a video on how to do everything step by step like I just told you.  Smile

Let us know your progress!
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 has stopped working / Unofficial Game Mod? [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 has stopped working / Unofficial Game Mod? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 12 Nov 2013, 08:46

It worked! Thank you so much! Smile 

I've been working at this for days and that's all it was Facepalm  boy, do I feel silly!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Tue 12 Nov 2013, 19:31

Hahah, you're welcome!  Glad it's running now for you! Let us know in the forum if you need anymore help or if you have any more questions!

Happy simming!

Mods: You can close this thread. Smile
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top