Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game crashing (again). [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game crashing (again). [SOLVED] Empty Game crashing (again). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 09 Nov 2013, 23:03

Hello!
As many Mac users: my game keeps crashing. Good news is that I can play for thirty minutes and save the game before it crashes. Lately I've focus on decorating the houses since I couldn't properly play the actual game, but I miss playing the Sims. I've been think of deleting some expansions packs (since I have all of them installed) in order to smooth my game. Is deleting some expansions packs worth it or would my game keep crashing if I keep four expansions pack, all the stuff packs and a lot of store content? Because I don't think I could play with only the base game... it's kinda boring!
Thank you for answering, if someone does so.

Oh, and I'm running a Macbook Pro

Version 10.6.8
Processor 2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 4go 1333 MHz DDR3

Back to top Go down

Game crashing (again). [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game crashing (again). [SOLVED]

Post by Dieneryn Sun 10 Nov 2013, 06:31

Hello,

How long have you had your mac?
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Nov 2013, 22:01

Two years, maybe three ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Mon 11 Nov 2013, 06:17

Hi there again Smile

You can try out the following solutions:

Solution 1: Reducing Game Memory Usage
- Lower your game resolution.
- Use the "Save As" option instead of "Save" to generate new "healthy" files.
- Keep your Sim's inventory as empty as possible.
- Disable "Memories" from your in-game options.
- Delete existing "Memories" with the Nraas MasterController. [NRAAS/Master Controller/Sim/Intermediate/Remove memories>Homeworld]
- Read this link that Phoebe has posted before. It has many suggestions on how you can reduce memory usage which are quite often the causes of crashes.

Solution 2: Defragment your Mac
- Yes, you read me right. Macs actually do need to be defragmented, especially if you have large files. The Sims 3 files usually get very fragmented during installation, which means it takes a long time for the Mac to read the files, causing lags and eventually crashes.
- I personally use iDefrag. It is a little pricey, but definitely a great investment if you intend to keep your Mac healthy for a long time. Otherwise, you can look for any other alternative you wish. 

Solution 3: Free-up Space in your Mac
- Clean up your files regularly and keep enough space in your Mac. It helps a lot!

They worked out really well for me. I hope they work for you too! Do let me know Wink
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Nov 2013, 15:49

Hi!
I deleted everything but Seasons, Generations, Pets and University Life. I also kept all my store content (I have a lot of it). I updated my game once again, reapplied the ultimate fix and launched my game without the launcher. I also lowered my game resolution and use save as instead of save, changing the name of the saving every time. And I don't know what made the difference but I've been able to play for four hours straight, going from buy/build mode to play mode, even use the CAS (I couldn't even think about it, it crashed immediately).
I installed Nraas MasterController and did as you said. I don't think I need to defragment my Mac right now, but I keep it in mind just in case!
Thank you very much for your help,
xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Tue 12 Nov 2013, 01:40

No problem, and you are definitely welcome!

Enjoy and happy simming! Wink

Problem solved, topic closed.
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top