Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exception raised....at my wit's end!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Exception raised....at my wit's end!  Empty Exception raised....at my wit's end!

Post by Guest Fri 15 Nov 2013, 10:00

Alright, so I have attempted to make The Sims 3 work for my mac for about 3 days now. I have tried multiple different downloads, fixes, and everything else.

Most recently I have just decided to get all of my downloads from the games4theworld download site, just to make sure their installation guides were applicable to what I was doing.

I downloaded the base game and the Pets expansion so far....followed the guide that is provided for installing the expansion packs including creating disc images for them.

I was finally able to load the launcher (which I did manually patch), but when I went to press play, it gave me a disc error.

At this point, I decided to reapply the Ultimate Fix stuff to the game and the expansion....after I did this, I got a new error saying:

Exception raised

Unhandled page fault on write access to 0x0000000C at address 0x004e5ae6.

Do you wish to debug?

Gives me the option of yes or no....it doesn't seem to matter which one I choose. I have also read into the possible fixes for the exception raised errors, but they haven't fixed my problem. I do not have any downloadable content loaded into the game, and I have put in the Ultimate Fix. 

Can somebody please help me? I am at my wit's end and I can't figure out what it is I am doing wrong here. I feel like I am following directions to at T

Back to top Go down

Exception raised....at my wit's end!  Empty Re: Exception raised....at my wit's end!

Post by Dieneryn Fri 15 Nov 2013, 10:02

Hello there,

Sorry to hear about the troubles you have. May I know which base game you have downloaded?
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Exception raised....at my wit's end!  Empty Re: Exception raised....at my wit's end!

Post by Guest Fri 15 Nov 2013, 10:12

Thanks for the response!

I have the Sims 3 base game the downloaded from the games4theworld download section.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Fri 15 Nov 2013, 10:16

You are welcome. Smile

Unfortunately, the base game you have downloaded does not work for Macs. Please follow these new set of instructions. The correct base game can be found in the pdf mac installation guide listed below.

HOW TO INSTALL THE SIMS 3 ON A MAC (simplified)

(Please click HERE for detailed instructions!)

* If you have previously installed The Sims 3 on your mac, please do a FULL and CLEAN uninstall before proceeding.

1) Install your base game.
2) *Update your base game to the latest version via the launcher's Game Updates tab. [Current: V1.63]
3) Unzip original Expansion Pack files with Stuffit Expander(Skip Steps 3 & 4 if you have downloaded your EPs in .iso or .dmg)
4) Create .dmg files of the EPs with Disk Utility.
5) Install EPs in order of release.
6) Apply the LATEST Ultimate Fix for Mac. (Use ONLY the two files in the main #Crack folder!)
7) Enjoy your game!

Again, if you are unsure about one of the steps, please view THIS GUIDE for images and detailed instructions!

* If the update fails via the launcher for some reason, please download the manual patch instead HERE.

Please let us know how it works Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Nov 2013, 10:25

Ahh, good to know.

I will download the new one that you gave me and see if I can make it work tomorrow. I'll post about the results.

Thanks again....I was starting to lose hope that I could make this happen. Hopefully it works!!

//EDIT

Alrighty, so I went through and followed every instruction possible from the guide... I downloaded the Sims base game from the link, followed the instructions for the game updating, went through and converted my expansion file and installed it....But I am still getting the same error.

Anything else you can think of?

Moderator edit: can you please use the "edit"-button on your post if you want to add things ? Double-posting is considered as spamming here. Thank you.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Sun 17 Nov 2013, 02:11

Hello,

Please show me a screenshot of your launcher Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top