Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 stopped working

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 stopped working Empty Sims 3 stopped working

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2013, 02:46

I've downloaded and installed Late Night expansion pack together with Diesel Stuff, High End Loft, Fast Lane and Seasons. First, the game won't start because it needs the Seasons' disc so what I did was downloaded Ultimate Fix, copy and pasted the all expansions after etc. to the base game's bin, launched the launcher, refreshed and it automatically updated Late Night. Afterwards I copied the contents of #crack folder to the base game's bin. Installed everything as this site instructed but when I started to create a new game, the loading bar won't get filled up. What to do?

P.S. If it helps my base game's patch is 1.63.
      High End Loft is at 3.08
      Fast Lane 5.00
      Late Night 6.51
      Diesel Stuff 14.0
      Seasons 16.0

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 stopped working Empty Re: Sims 3 stopped working

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2013, 04:01

I see a lot of problems here. You copied and pasted all the expansions to the base games bin? That's a big no no. Where did you get the crack folder from? Did you use it from the Late Night expansion? The crack from there is VERY old. Re-apply the crack from the Ultimate fix. And make sure you clear your cache files prior to downloading an expansion, patch or update. Do you have any mods? Please make sure you update them as when I updated my game today and downloaded Into The Future I got the "The Sims 3 Error has stopped working" and this was because my Nraas mods were outdated. 

The first thing I want you to do is to reapply the Ultimate Fix.
See if that works and than if that doesn't work,

Take your mods folder out and play without CC (custom content)
if that doesn't work, 

Take your Sims 3 Folder out and place it on your desktop -or- rename it.

If you have tried those three (3) things and it hasn't worked please report back!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2013, 06:17

I meant the all expansions packs released after and including generations folder from the ultimate fix. Sorry about that.
I re-applied the ultimate for like, multiple times already.
And no, I didn't installed any mods.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2013, 06:30

jaggedlittlepill wrote:I meant the all expansions packs released after and including generations folder from the ultimate fix. Sorry about that.
I re-applied the ultimate for like, multiple times already.
And no, I didn't installed any mods.
Please do steps two (2) and three (3).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2013, 06:32

From the Ultimate Fix?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2013, 06:39

2. Play without CC (custom content)

3. Take your Sims 3 Folder out and place it on your desktop -or- rename it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2013, 06:53

Done, no changes. Still wouldn't work.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 17 Nov 2013, 09:50

jaggedlittlepill wrote:Done, no changes. Still wouldn't work.
Like sims3hope already said, this error sounds to me like if it was caused by mods. But if you say you already renamed the folder "The Sims 3" (in My Documents/Electronic Arts), then OK...If you haven't, please do so.

Then I suggest you re-do the steps from 2 to 4 here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Let us know if it worked.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2013, 10:30

Well that's odd since I'm not using any mods. =.=

Okay... I'll just install everything again. Can you recommend me which stuff or expansion I should install after installing the base game?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 17 Nov 2013, 10:35

jaggedlittlepill wrote:Well that's odd since I'm not using any mods. =.=

Okay... I'll just install everything again. Can you recommend me which stuff or expansion I should install after installing the base game?
Don't un-install yet...

Again, if you haven't done it yet, do the steps from "2 to 4", like I mentioned before.

Now, try the suggestions in this topic: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-14-07-2013

If you want to use the "4 GB patch" (step #3), then double-click the patch and choose the TS3W.exe in the base game location
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2013, 11:24

This sucks, still didn't work!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 17 Nov 2013, 11:32

jaggedlittlepill wrote:This sucks, still didn't work!
See, and this is the point where we can't suggest much else anymore, I'm afraid. How long did you wait for the game to load ? Sometimes it can take a while...

Maybe another Helper knows more about it than I do, but you can try un-installing just the base game. Re-boot the computer, then re-install the base game.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 17 Nov 2013, 11:35

Can you open the Ultimate Fix and check the date of modification of the Ultimate Fix? Can you tell us the date?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 17 Nov 2013, 11:41

cat2006house wrote:Can you open the Ultimate Fix and check the date of modification of the Ultimate Fix? Can you tell us the date?
Interesting point, but would you be able to actually get "that far" in the game (main menu, loading screen), if you used an outdated fix ? I don't think so, but yes..

And I think I already mentioned that before (re-do steps from 2 to 4)...

To the topic creator: if you feel uncomfortable about anything we wrote, then leave this thing for today. Try again tomorrow or in a few days, read our suggestion AGAIN, then try it.

I strongly assume the cause of this is very simple, but..let's see.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2013, 12:28

@cathouse where can I see the date you're looking for?

@carlos, I've waited for half an hour during the loading screen after clicking on create a new game. I'll just uninstall everything today and install them back tomorrow. Thanks for the help though you two.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Nov 2013, 17:06

Alrighty, I have uninstalled everything, downloaded Ambitions (since some people are telling me that Late Night won't work without it) and installed everything back. It worked briefly after selecting on New Game, but the loading bar won't fill up as in literally only a short part of the loading bar doesn't fill up after waiting for 15 minutes. ctrl alt dlt and it shows that The Sims 3 (Not Responding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top