Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In-Game Problems

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In-Game Problems Empty In-Game Problems

Post by Guest Thu 28 Nov 2013, 02:29

When I open Sims 3 Base Game to play it, it opens University Life. There are no cites to choose from and nothing happens when i click new game so i cant do anything. I need help with that and/or how to just play the regular "base game." Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

//EDIT

Actually when i open any game extension, University Life loads up and the same thing happens, no cities to choose from and nothing happens when i click start new game.. please help

Moderator edit: the font color "black" doesn't work so well on a dark background. Please, next time choose another font color straight away. Smile

P.S. don't double-post; this is considered like spamming here. Instead, use the "edit"-button on your post if you want to modify or add anything. Thank you.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

In-Game Problems Empty Re: In-Game Problems

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 28 Nov 2013, 03:08

Notorious28 wrote:When I open Sims 3 Base Game to play it, it opens University Life. There are no cites to choose from and nothing happens when i click new game so i cant do anything. I need help with that and/or how to just play the regular "base game." Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

//EDIT

Actually when i open any game extension, University Life loads up and the same thing happens, no cities to choose from and nothing happens when i click start new game.. please help

Hello,

Try this here first: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t859-the-sims-3-text-balloons-not-showing-missing-fix

If that doesn't help, try un-installing everything you installed about "The Sims 3". Re-boot the computer afterwards. Then, re-install the games again, following these instructions: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

P.S. The start screen will always show the picture of the latest expansion that you installed. In your case, that's "University life". Your base game is still "there", and you've basically ADDED content to the base game (namely the content of "University life").

Let us know about your progress !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Nov 2013, 06:14

Uninstall/reinstall the basegame only.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top