Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slew of In-game problems. Need help soon!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Slew of In-game problems. Need help soon! Empty Slew of In-game problems. Need help soon!

Post by Guest Thu 02 Aug 2012, 02:13

Okay, well I wanted to say that I am very thankful to Games4theworld for all of the wonderful downloads, I had lost all of my games and didnt register them, so I am glad that I could play again without having to re-purchase them all. I originally downloaded the base game and everything up to Generations or Ambitions and had no problems whatsoever really. And then I downloaded Generations, Pets, and Showtime and my game keeps having the same problems (I will say I downloaded some Custom Content before adding more games). Also, I did download Wolrd Adventures separately, because that was the only one I registered, so I just downloaded it from the Origin platform, and I dont remember if I downloaded the base game from another site, but I dont think I did, and, I do have custom content downloaded from thesims3.com exchange that was made by other players. Anyways, I have tried starting new families, playing in different cities, and still come across the same problems either upon start-up or after playing for a while. I did follow all of the installation guides exactly and I tried using the Ultimate Fix. My problems are as follows:

1. I, for some reason, cannot download any of the updates on the launcher. It goes through all of the steps, but at the very end it says "File not found".

2. Because the game doesnt have the lastest update, it wont let me login when I start to play.

3. While in the game, it often freezes and/or randomly shuts off.

4. This is perhaps the most frustrating, none of my Sims can get past level 4 of their careers. Once they reach level 4 they just stop going to work. I will click on their car, their job to try and send them and they just wont go, the option will just automatically go away and they will just stand there. And once they do that, they wont go to any other jobs either.

If someone could help me with all of this as soon as possible it would be greatly appreciated. I really enjoy the game and would like to advance in it. Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Slew of In-game problems. Need help soon! Empty Re: Slew of In-game problems. Need help soon!

Post by invalidusername Thu 02 Aug 2012, 07:20

My first though would be that you may have outdated or conflicting mods/cc. Try using Delphy's Dashboard to see if it catches any errors with it.

Next, try getting to the most recent patch. There's a manual patch for when your game is coming up with some error when you try to update automatically. That can happen a lot with torrented games because they don't have the proper original game files anymore. Without being on the most recent patch, the ultimate fix does no good.

What is your game version, anyways? Just in case you're not sure how to check it, here's an example.

Hope to hear back soon so we can figure this all out with you. Smile
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Slew of In-game problems. Need help soon! Empty Re: Slew of In-game problems. Need help soon!

Post by Guest Fri 03 Aug 2012, 20:32

Thank you very very much. I tried downloading the Delphy's Dashboard, but it would not let me download for some reason. I did delete a lot of the custom content though. I did download the Manual update, and will run the game to see how it goes and report back here, thank you again.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sat 04 Aug 2012, 04:12

It's no problem. I look forward to seeing how it works for you.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top