Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A mix of pc/game problems

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A mix of pc/game problems Empty A mix of pc/game problems

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jun 2012, 03:30

I wasn't sure where to post this but w.e it decided here lol. First, my C:/ drive is almost completely full which i believe has been causing a lot of my errors 12 to point where i can't save or save as at all. Now, my E:/ drive has 300gb of free space (it was newly installed after a problem with another drive couple years ago) So i'm pretty sure i have to re-install everything to the E:/ drive. My question is.. would i be able to somehow use the file of where my current family is saved and move it to the newly installed game? and where exactly would this file be, i forgot.

Thanks guys, love your website always a lot of help. =] flower

Back to top Go down

A mix of pc/game problems Empty Re: A mix of pc/game problems

Post by Admin Wed 27 Jun 2012, 11:43

Hello,

Try this for the saving errors: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t4523-the-sims-3-save-errors-fix-error-code-12-13-15-16
Then read this on how to backup your savegames: http://games4theworld.org/sims3faq.html#how_to_backup_savegames

Finally, yes, if you'd like to move the game to another drive, you'll have to reinstall. First backup your savegames, then uninstall the game and restart your PC afterwards. When all done, you should reinstall following these instructions: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Please let us know if you need any kind of assistance during the process!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 27 Jun 2012, 13:58

Hello,

Your save games will still go to your documents folder on C: regardless of where the game is installed.
You'll still have to back them up, but once installed on E:, your save games go to the same folder in (My) Documents.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jul 2012, 06:37

I re-installed everything but im a little confused about the ultimate fix, the pc says not working, the only working one is the temporary fix and when i click on it, it says sims 3 medieval. I am installing the manual patch right now.

Edit: i moved my saved games in the right folder from the backup and when i try to play it says a serious error has occurred loading riverview.sims3 please restart.
Gonna give ElDi's possible fix a try.

Edit: That didn't work because i never have done the Windows 95 compatibility mode. Before i re-installed into E:/ i only got error 12 and never this message, i re-installed correctly and as soon as i moved the contents from saves in my backup folder to my new installed saves folder, that message started appearing.
Tried to delete the .backup from riverview.sims3.backup and i deleted the riverview.sims and the ones that end in .bad but still nothing, i really need help now. =\

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 10 Jul 2012, 11:13

Hello,

The fix does work with game version 1.34 though, so if you used the manual patch, the fix still works Smile

It's possible that you had expansions on different patch levels before, that would also cause an error. You could use this tool to patch all your expansions individually. It's not needed, but it may solve your problem with your saves.
Just take care not to allow it to patch your base to 1.36.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jul 2012, 20:25

I actually used that tool before i went to bed and it still gave me "A serious error has occurred.." with my town. =\

Edit: Now i'm getting a different message lol, "cannot load this saved game. It may have been saved with expansion pack data that is no longer present..." Sounds to me like a lost cause to restore my old game..

Edit: IT'S ALIIIVEE!! lol basically i not only used my sims3.backup file, i also re-installed riverview town. Thanks so much to both of u guys, you're the best.

Last edited by katsols on Tue 10 Jul 2012, 21:16; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 10 Jul 2012, 21:09

Hello,

Did you use any mods before you uninstalled?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)