Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trouble Getting Sims 3 to Work

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trouble Getting Sims 3 to Work Empty Trouble Getting Sims 3 to Work

Post by Guest Sat 30 Nov 2013, 20:33

My computer specs:
·         Windows 7 Home Premium
·         Asus
·         Intel Core
·         64 bit operating system
·         6GB RAM
·         Video card Intel HD Graphics family

These all seem to be above the minimum requirements for the game to run.

Summary of issue:

Installed The Sims 3 by a purchased CD for the first time on this laptop.  Haven't played this disk on this computer before, but it worked fine on old laptops. Ran it a couple of times and it got to the loading screen, then the sound distorts and goes crackly, then the computer turns off.  Tried again and it let me through, and I was able to build my Sims.  I then saved, and logged off so that I could add some expansion packs - which included University, High End Loft, Pets and I think Generations (all via your torrents).  When I tried loading again it had the University background and got to the loading screen - and then did the same thing - sound crackled, then switched off.

I uninstalled everything again to just leave the base game.  I then tweaked all the DEP settings as per the guide, and it worked!  I reinstalled University, and it too worked.  I then made the fatal area of reinstalling all the others - and it crashed again.

I uninstalled everything one by one, trying it each time (with no luck) until I was back to University - but sadly it's still crashing.  The disk spins at first then goes quiet.  Is it meant to spin throughout the loading process?
I don't know what to do now!

Things I've tried:

I've been trying to follow the guide located at the Sims wiki to stop the crashing.

• Starting the game with the launcher, and bypassing that to the TS3W.exe. 
  • Deleting all cache files, removed all custom content, uninstalled and reinstalled the base game.  Uninstalled all expansion packs
  • Changed the file name from The Sims to The Sims Backup so it refreshed the files.
  • Installed updated drivers for drivers for video card, High def audio and processor.  (Any others I should try?)
  • Tweaked the DEP settings.
  • I checked the patch - but got a bit confused here.  I used The Sims fixer patch.  The base game is at: 1.63.5.024002 and University at 18.0.1.26.021001

Any help getting the game to work greatly appreciated.  If I uninstall University now, one of my Sims is there so I think will be lost?

Back to top Go down

Trouble Getting Sims 3 to Work Empty Re: Trouble Getting Sims 3 to Work

Post by Sephymuffins Sat 30 Nov 2013, 20:45

Hello,

I'm sorry you're having so many issues!  That sounds like a headache.

I've never, personally, heard of an issue such as what you got when attempting to install just the base-game (the crackling stuff)!  I'm glad the DEP worked for you, too. The one thing you do want to keep in mind though, is while it does seem like it may be an easy fix, uninstalling and reinstalling over and over again will not help you. It's only in rare occasions that this will help and if you do uninstall anything, you need to be sure you are rebooting your laptop afterwards.  When you uninstall a program, not all files and folders are deleted.  When you restart your computer, it's almost like a 'finalization' step to ensure all things related to that said program are deleted.  If you DON'T restart your PC, and you reinstall that same program, you'll see little difference as the files that may have been an issue are still there, lurking lol, on your computer.  Smile

Enough techie stuff however!  You did a lot of excellent steps to ensure your game would work, however, did you go here and follow the steps?  If not, please do so.
What I'd advise you to do is to restart your PC asap.  Once it's back up, install all of the expansions (WITHOUT USING ANY CRACK) you want, then follow the steps within the link I provided.  Those steps will walk you through just about everything and if you have any errors or questions, feel free to post them here and we'll all be happy to assist.

Good luck!  Smile  The Sims Plumbob 1
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Nov 2013, 21:38

Thank you for responding so quickly!

Yes, I followed the guide you linked to to the letter when installing the torrents after installing the original disc.  When it all started crashing again, then I went onto the crashing guide.

Going to try restarting now - thanks for the suggestion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Nov 2013, 22:08

Okay, tried restarting - the loading got much further along than the usual place for turning the computer off.  I thought it had worked.  It had almost finished loading, when it switched off.  I've tried this twice.

Ugh!

I've been at this for three days, trying to get it to work. 

Could the base disc be corrupted somehow?  Would it be worth trying a torrent?  But then I don't understand why it worked last time I just had the University on there.

Edit: just uninstalled University, restarted and now the base game in working.  Am reinstalling University again.  As long as I get those two to work, that's fine - and will forget the others.  So fingers crossed!

Edit 2: Uninstalled University, restarted it, re-installed it as well as downloading the patch and fix again.  Copied the files to the bin.  Loaded for ages, was right at the end and crashed.

Any suggestions please?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top