Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I download expansion packs with a bought base game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can I download expansion packs with a bought base game? Empty Can I download expansion packs with a bought base game?

Post by Guest Tue 03 Dec 2013, 07:03

Hey guys-

I bought the Sims 3 base game, but can I still use the download-able expansion packs or do I need to re-install a new base game?

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Can I download expansion packs with a bought base game? Empty Re: Can I download expansion packs with a bought base game?

Post by J.T. Tue 03 Dec 2013, 08:26

It depends. If the base game bought is from Steam, I am sorry, but you cannot install it with the expansion packs. You should download and install the base game from www.games4theworld.org instead.

If the base game you bought is from Origin or in hard copy, then you can install it along with the expansion packs. Just remember to follow this correctly: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly.

Please take note of the step 4 shown in the guide I have linked for you. The words in italic tells you that if you bought the base game via Origin, you should place the #crack from the Ultimate Fix to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

Please tell us the result and good luck!
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Can I download expansion packs with a bought base game? Empty Re: Can I download expansion packs with a bought base game?

Post by Guest Tue 03 Dec 2013, 19:48

Thanks for the quick reply! I bought the base game via Origin and have been playing it for a few months now. My plan is to get all the expansion packs THEN go forward with the instructions :)Once I get the .rar files, I've extracted them and placed them into their own folder. Does this new folder need to go anywhere in particular?

//EDIT: Also... a little confused haha- sorry I'm new to this! So I've gotten a bunch of the expansions off piratebay but when I go to install it's asking for registration code...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Dec 2013, 20:54

Hello,
Please do not double post, as it is prohibited.
Also, please keep all your questions in one topic if they are related to the same problem. Your second topic has therefore been deleted.
Did you require any further assistance?

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top