Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Origin - License Limit has been reached.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Origin - License Limit has been reached. Empty Sims 3 Origin - License Limit has been reached.

Post by Guest Tue 03 Dec 2013, 17:39

Hi everyone,

I have honestly searched for days and days for the answer to this, I hope someone can help me!

Basically, I bought the sims 3 from origin (ea) a year ago. I downloaded it on my old laptop which broke and a year later, I have downloaded it again to my new laptop. I installed etc and it came up with "The license limit has been reached".

I tried to speak to EA online game advisors which proved to be a waste of my time, they applied a new game key and then told me to uninstall, reinstall (takes forever), and then they told me to manually uninstall it which I did and it took me ages, then installed it again. Still didnt work.

It really is annoying me as I have spent money on it and just want to enjoy my game.

I hope someone can help me...thankyou in advance!!!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Origin - License Limit has been reached. Empty Re: Sims 3 Origin - License Limit has been reached.

Post by J.T. Tue 03 Dec 2013, 17:55

Since your old pc is broken (and thrown away), you cannot "de-license" the game I am afraid (which is frustrating I know). This is mainly due to the authorization remaining in your old pc.

The only way you can do is to install the base game from Games4theworld for free: www.games4theworld.org.

However, since you have installed and uninstalled the base game for so many times,

1. If you have installed the base game but yet uninstalled it, download Your Uninstaller Pro from www.games4theworld.org. Uninstall the base game with the Uninstaller Super Mode.

2. If you have already uninstalled the base game, please read this: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall. If you think it's too complicated to go through the registry editor, download and run the registry cleaner program (according to instructions) from the link provided by the above guide.

Remember to reboot your pc after uninstalling the base game!

Please do take note of this thread: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly. After installing the base game from Games4theworld, you must also download and install at least one of the expansion packs/stuff packs shown in the thread. Again, those are free on www.games4theworld.org.

Remember to follow precisely what the thread tells you to do. Download and run the manual patch according to the thread's instructions. Download and apply the Ultimate Fix according to the instructions from the thread as well.

Last edited by J.T. on Tue 03 Dec 2013, 18:35; edited 1 time in total
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Origin - License Limit has been reached. Empty Re: Sims 3 Origin - License Limit has been reached.

Post by Guest Tue 03 Dec 2013, 18:01

Hi...
Thanks for getting back to me.
What can I do with the paid/bought Sims 3 that I have that isnt working?

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 03 Dec 2013, 18:12

May I ask the reason why you want the legitimate Sims 3 copy?

If you question the differences between cracked and legit Sims 3 games, I can tell you the only difference is that you do not have to insert a disc if you follow the thread I've shown you before correctly. You can still have the latest update for the game, with the latest expansion packs/stuff packs and the latest features.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Dec 2013, 18:28

Hi again,

Because I have PAID for the game from origin...I spent 40 euros on it, so I wanted to know why it isnt working...as it's only been downloaded onto 1 computer.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 03 Dec 2013, 18:42

You mentioned before you have uninstalled the base game manually? Are you sure you have done so? Have you followed this as per instructions to help you uninstall the base game: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall ?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Dec 2013, 18:46

Yes I did, I am now downloading the links you gave me.

Will it work even if I might not of uninstalled properly?

Sorry...totally rubbish with all of this!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 03 Dec 2013, 18:50

oliviabeth.e wrote:Yes I did, I am now downloading the links you gave me.

Will it work even if I might not of uninstalled properly?

Sorry...totally rubbish with all of this!!!
Since EA tends to release some garbage installers/installation wizards, if you uninstall the base game via Origin/Control Panel only and do not restart your pc and delete the associated registry keys & leftovers, some problems might (or might not, depending on the installer) occur. As I have previously stated, either you uninstall the base game via Your Uninstaller Pro or follow the guide teaching you how to manually uninstall the base game: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall.

And it's highly recommended to download and install the base game from Games4theworld, at least you won't get such a pathetic error.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Dec 2013, 18:59

I have downloaded the base game...about 60% done via utorrent. But I also downloaded an add on (University life)... that has finished downloading but has opening in WINRAR...should I delete winrar? Why has it gone in there?

Im really sorry to keep asking you questions...

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 03 Dec 2013, 19:05

oliviabeth.e wrote:I have downloaded the base game...about 60% done via utorrent. But I also downloaded an add on (University life)... that has finished downloading but has opening in WINRAR...should I delete winrar? Why has it gone in there?

Im really sorry to keep asking you questions...
Not at all, I am here to help every person who is in need of help.

WinRAR is the best for opening our torrents (since most of our downloads are in .rar format (.rar=compressed file that should be opened in WinRAR).

Remember to extract each .rar to a blank folder (one .rar for one blank folder).

Make sure you watch the video that shows you how to install the base game that is from Games4theworld:

Good luck!
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Dec 2013, 19:10

OK, so I open it up in WINRAR and there are like loads of files...what do I do with each one and where do I put them?
This is so confusing hahaha!

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 03 Dec 2013, 19:43

After you open the .rar file of the base game, extract it to your desired destination folder as follows:

Sims 3 Origin - License Limit has been reached. AU6qcVd

Click the button enclosed by red box shown in the above picture.

Sims 3 Origin - License Limit has been reached. 1t31

Choose a folder where you want the extracted files to be "inserted in". Usually if you haven't created a blank folder, the directory shown in the yellow box in the above picture will be defaulted to a blank folder that will be created after you click "OK". Therefore, it's your choice to create a blank folder or WinRAR creates it for you.

Wait until both progress bars is shown as 100%. You can open the folder where the files are extracted in and located and start installation.

For the base game, I have mentioned the tutorial video in my previous post.

For the expansion packs/stuff packs, double-click auto-run.exe or setup.exe to begin installation.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Dec 2013, 20:23

Hello again...
I downloaded everything, put it in the winrar etc etc.

I was trying to set up the base game and it tells me that I have a newer version already installed on my computer? Which I dont.

How do I solve this?

Thanks so much for your help...!

//EDIT

I have downloaded and spent hours doing everything you said...it says now when I go to start it that I need to insert the University Life cd....???

I installed the sims 3... and university life plus extension, fix etcetcetc...now after hours of waiting and installing...it says I have to insert the cd?

PLEASE HELP

Helper Edit: Please do not spam. Thank you.

-J.T.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Tue 03 Dec 2013, 22:47

Hello,

Did you happen to go here and follow the steps?  Smile  Using the 'Manual Patch' in conjunction with the 'Ultimate Fix' and you won't have an error stating for you to insert a disk.

Happy Simming  The Sims Plumbob 1
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Dec 2013, 22:48

Hey,

I did absolutely everything...Im really annoyed, Ive been trying to fix it for days...!

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 04 Dec 2013, 04:25

//MERGED

Please, I urge you to keep your problems under one topic. Spamming is not (and should not be) allowed and is against forum rules. All helpers are not obliged to help you here. We are all volunteered to help and thus have our real life to carry on. I, therefore, suggest you not to be impatient and cooperate with us. Thank you.

First thing first, can you show us the screenshot of the folder where you have copied and pasted the #crack from the Ultimate Fix to?

Also, it is known that after applying crack, restarting your pc is a good idea to get your game working.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top