Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 " Reached license limit "

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 " Reached license limit "  Empty Sims 3 " Reached license limit "

Post by Guest Sun 06 Apr 2014, 00:56

Hello! I downloaded The Sims 3 and the expansions from a friends origin account. Everything went fine when installing and so on. Went to play and got the "Reached License Limit" pop up. After I got that I came here to see if there was a way around it. It seemed like your sites "Ultimate Fix" was the answer. I followed all the steps and still the same result. I uninstalled The sims 3 base game and torrented one of your sites Sims Base Game downloads and re did the update along with the fix and still it will not allow me to play. All my expansions are in the Origin Games folder. My Sims Base Game is in the Electronic Arts folder.

I know for a fact I followed the steps in order and didn't miss anything. Is there anything else I can try?

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 " Reached license limit "  Empty Re: Sims 3 " Reached license limit "

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 06 Apr 2014, 05:07

Bee_ wrote:Hello! I downloaded The Sims 3 and the expansions from a friends origin account. Everything went fine when installing and so on. Went to play and got the "Reached License Limit" pop up. After I got that I came here to see if there was a way around it. It seemed like your sites "Ultimate Fix" was the answer. I followed all the steps and still the same result. I uninstalled The sims 3 base game and torrented one of your sites Sims Base Game downloads and re did the update along with the fix and still it will not allow me to play. All my expansions are in the Origin Games folder. My Sims Base Game is in the Electronic Arts folder.

I know for a fact I followed the steps in order and didn't miss anything. Is there anything else I can try?

Thank you!

Hello,

It's possible that your Origin base game is a "newer" one, and in that case, the Ultimate fix (probably ?) doesn't work. This newer base game requires activation over the internet, and logging into the Origin account, every time you play. If you have already done the "steps from #2 to #4" in the following guide:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Then I guess you have to get hold of a pirated game version. For example, from Games4TheWorld:

http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Apr 2014, 05:19

Thank you for the reply! Yes, I did end up downloading the torrent from the link above and did everything again but it didnt work either.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 06 Apr 2014, 05:29

Bee_ wrote:Thank you for the reply! Yes, I did end up downloading the torrent from the link above and did everything again but it didnt work either.

Did you make sure to actually remove everything you had before ? Including Origin ? And did you re-boot the computer after un-installing ? You should always do that.

You might want to download "Your Un-installer Pro" from the link in my previous reply. After you installed it, remove everything again, using "Super Mode". After everything is finished, please re-boot the computer. And then start over again. In addition (this should be optional), google for "CCleaner" and let it scan your computer for abandoned registry entries too.

There really isn't much more to add: if you install the base game from G4TW, using the latest manual patch and Ultimate fix too, then you shouldn't get that issue. Did you make sure to overwrite the original files in the base game location ? Also, do you have at least ONE of the expansions mentioned in step #1 of the guide that I posted ?

My best suggestion, again, is for you to make sure you properly get rid of your older Origin stuff, but maybe another Helper/Mod knows more about this than I do. Good luck again !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Apr 2014, 05:40

I did not remove the origin expansions. I was hoping that I wasnt going to have to redownload and install them all hence looking for a way to bypass the license check. Ill just uninstall and so on. Doesn't look like there is a way around it. I did completely remove the base game properly and restarted my computer. I have more than a couple of the needed expansions for the fix to work.

Thank you for your help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top