Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 modification error? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 modification error? [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 modification error? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 08 Dec 2013, 07:05

Okay so I just tried playing the Sims 3 game. I've read the "How to Install Sims 3 Correctly" guide, step by step and didn't have any issues. That is until I try to play the game. I get a black screen and then I get a message that says "It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of The Sims 3. We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them - otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs." It then gives me the options to quit or to continue. Out of curiosity I clicked continue and the game plays fine. It loads up to the main menu and I can choose a world to play. But its when the world starts to load that I run into issues. The game starts to load and then it freezes up and when I press Ctr + Alt + delete to go to task manager and end the program (I never get the chance to click end program), I get a message that says "This program is not responding. Windows is checking for a solution." and it gives me the option of closing the program. I'm at my wits end right now. I don't know how to fix this. I'm using the current up to date version of The Sims 3 which is 1.63.5.024017. I've even checked for game updates and refreshed them and got nothing. Please help, I've been at this for hours.

P.S I don't have the CD to play the game. And I've already downloaded the base game from the "How to Install Sims 3 Correctly" guide. Could me not having the CD also be the problem?

:newfag: 

Last edited by Fallible299 on Mon 09 Dec 2013, 03:52; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 modification error? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 modification error? [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. Sun 08 Dec 2013, 07:21

If you are really sure that your game is up-to-date (1.63), then you have incompatible mods/Custom Content.

Can you clear them out and run the game to see if you get this error again?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 modification error? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 modification error? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 08 Dec 2013, 07:27

I can try....would you mind telling me how to do that? I don't want to take a chance of going into the wrong folder and screwing things up.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 08 Dec 2013, 07:46

If you have any mods, delete the content of the folder C:\Users\(your computer username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages and also Mods\Overrides except the store fix. After that, run the game to see if there are any differences.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Dec 2013, 03:46

I don't have any folders marked mods, packages or overrides.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 09 Dec 2013, 04:25

Open the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Afterwards, open the file skuversion.txt. Copy and paste all the content to your next post.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Dec 2013, 20:24

Okay so I have an update on things, I was reading a post last night on here. Another person was having the same exact problem as me, so I followed the instructions provided on that post. I reapplied the Ultimate Fix and boom it fixed my modification error. I was so happy! But now I'm running into another issue. I can run the game fine but when I get to the main menu to choose a world and whatnot, I get a message that's telling me the Island Paradise disk isn't inserted. I want to say this Island Paradise expansion pack is what's giving me all these problems, because it wasn't u til I installed the Island Paradise expansion that I ran into these problems. Though I would like to play with this expansion pack, I don't really need to play with it. Would it mess the whole game up if I uninstalled it? And if I uninstall it would I have to reapply all the fixes?

//EDIT

Okay so I just wanted to say I solved my issue lol. I had to uninstall the Island Paradise expansion pack. Now everything is working just fine :]. And to be on the safe side I reapplied all the fixes. Thanks for your help though! If I run into anything else I'll let you know.

Helper Edit: Please do not double-post. Edit your previous post if you want to add anything.

-J.T.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 09 Dec 2013, 21:44

Actually I think the problem lies on the application of the Ultimate Fix? Can you tell us how you applied the Ultimate Fix?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Dec 2013, 21:57

Sure, I opened the Base Game folder in the rar and dragged and dropped both files into C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and replaced the existing files. That was for step 3, I ignored steps 4-9 because I don't have those expansion packs installed. I have Pets, Supernatural and Seasons (and I did have Island Paradise until a few moments ago when I uninstalled it) expansion packs, so I did step 10 which told me to open the folder marked "All expansion packs released after and including Generations." in the rar. So I dragged and dropped those files into C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and replaced already existing files.After that I opened up the Sims 3 Launcher and  went to the Update tab and clicked refresh. I didn't get a message saying to update (though I did when I did everything for the very 1st time and I updated) so since I never got that message again I just did step 11. I closed the game launcher fully and opened the crack folder in the rar and dragged and dropped the contents in there to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 09 Dec 2013, 22:00

Can you install The Sims 3 Island Paradise again? This time after installing it, only apply the manual patch (here is the link for the patch: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v133-fix-manual-patch) and then the content of the folder #crack from the Ultimate Fix ONLY.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Dec 2013, 22:03

Okay I'll let you know how everything goes once I've finished.

Edit: OMG THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FREAKING MUCH!!!!!!!!!!! THIS WORKED!!!! You sir are a freaking life saver lol. I'm having no issues, game loads fine, runs smooth. No issues :]. I do have one last question though, if I want to install anymore expansion packs do I just do what you just said to? Or do I have to reapply the patch and go through all the steps of the Ultimate Fix again?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 09 Dec 2013, 23:01

Fallible299 wrote:Okay I'll let you know how everything goes once I've finished.

Edit: OMG THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FREAKING MUCH!!!!!!!!!!! THIS WORKED!!!! You sir are a freaking life saver lol. I'm having no issues, game loads fine, runs smooth. No issues :]. I do have one last question though, if I want to install anymore expansion packs do I just do what you just said to? Or do I have to reapply the patch and go through all the steps of the Ultimate Fix again?

If you want to install more expansion packs, do the same I told you to do in my previous post.

Do you need any further assistance?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Dec 2013, 23:53

Okay thanks and no that'll be all :].

Helper Edit: Problem solved, topic closed. Wink

-J.T.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top