Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims take forever to "Inspect Portal"/"Unofficial Modification Error". [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims take forever to "Inspect Portal"/"Unofficial Modification Error". [SOLVED] Empty Sims take forever to "Inspect Portal"/"Unofficial Modification Error". [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 22 Dec 2013, 07:07

Hello, I recently downloaded the Into the Future expansion pack. I had some other expansion packs installed. I also had some Custom Content. I uninstalled the custom content, then followed the forum post on how to install the game. Then I reinstalled the custom content. However, when the time portal appears, I tell my sims to inspect it, and they never stop. I also can't cancel the action. The time traveller also never comes out. Help!

Back to top Go down

Sims take forever to "Inspect Portal"/"Unofficial Modification Error". [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims take forever to "Inspect Portal"/"Unofficial Modification Error". [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 23 Dec 2013, 05:00

linnick7 wrote:Hello, I recently downloaded the Into the Future expansion pack. I had some other expansion packs installed. I also had some Custom Content. I uninstalled the custom content, then followed the forum post on how to install the game. Then I reinstalled the custom content. However, when the time portal appears, I tell my sims to inspect it, and they never stop. I also can't cancel the action. The time traveller also never comes out. Help!

Hello,

First of all, if you have any mods, remove them ALL. Then, go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/ and delete the scriptCache.package file.

Then try again. It might not be a feasible solution, but you can also try a new savegame and see if the same happens there too.

See if any of this works for you and let us know !

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims take forever to "Inspect Portal"/"Unofficial Modification Error". [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims take forever to "Inspect Portal"/"Unofficial Modification Error". [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 24 Dec 2013, 04:02

Neither method works. Or am I supposed to keep the mods uninstalled permanently?
Also, do I need to update the mods if they are just CC like clothes or hair or cars or tats?

I tried editing oasis landing in edit town but that I also take forever to get there. The loading bar doesn't move.

Last edited by linnick7 on Tue 24 Dec 2013, 04:13; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 24 Dec 2013, 04:12

linnick7 wrote:Neither method works. Or am I supposed to keep the mods uninstalled permanently?
Also, do I need to update the mods if they are just CC like clothes or hair or cars or tats?

I'm sorry to hear that, but there's not too much left to suggest then. And no, you don't need to update clothes or similar items....

Try this though:

1) Go to My Documents/Elctronic Arts/ and change the name of the folder "The Sims 3", into anything you like. Just change the folder's name.

2) Un-install "Into the future".

3) Re-boot the computer

4) Re-install into the future

5) Re-do the steps from 2 to 4 here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

6) Start the game, make again a new savegame, and see if the same happens.

Keep me updated !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Dec 2013, 09:58

Do I need to rename the sims 3 folder back to the original before reinstalling into the future?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 25 Dec 2013, 17:51

linnick7 wrote:Do I need to rename the sims 3 folder back to the original before reinstalling into the future?

No, just rename the folder, and don't touch it anymore, for now.

After renaming, un-install the expansion, re-boot the computer, and then re-install the expansion again. Do NOT touch the renamed folder at any time !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Dec 2013, 09:05

Oh dear! Now, the game doesn't even recognize Into the Future. (The little icon in the bottom of the launcher does not even "light up", it's greyed out. ) When I start the game, it says this: "It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of The Sims 3. We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them - otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs. Do you want to quit?" However, I renamed the old folder, so the game should have created a fresh new one! What is going on?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 26 Dec 2013, 12:17

linnick7 wrote:Oh dear! Now, the game doesn't even recognize Into the Future. (The little icon in the bottom of the launcher does not even "light up", it's greyed out. ) When I start the game, it says this: "It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of The Sims 3. We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them - otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs. Do you want to quit?" However, I renamed the old folder, so the game should have created a fresh new one! What is going on?

Please re-do the steps from 2 to 4, like I mentioned somewhere above:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Dec 2013, 05:14

It works now! Thanks a bunch!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Mon 30 Dec 2013, 05:39

Hello,

Glad Carlos helped you solve the problem!  Smile  If you have any further questions, feel free to open a new topic in the appropriate area of the forum!

Enjoy your game!

Topic closed.
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top