Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it possible to install an expansion after crack is applied? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is it possible to install an expansion after crack is applied? [SOLVED] Empty Is it possible to install an expansion after crack is applied? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 09 Dec 2013, 08:28

Hi everybody,

Is it possible to install an expansion pack after a crack for previous expansions has been applied? I currently have installed Generations, Late Night, Seasons and University but I don't (if possible) want to reinstall these in order to install the new Into The Future Pack.

Thanks

-Devuation

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to install an expansion after crack is applied? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Is it possible to install an expansion after crack is applied? [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. Mon 09 Dec 2013, 09:32

Yes, it is possible to install other expansion packs after installing these expansion packs.

Remember though, that you do not need to apply cracks that are from the expansion pack/stuff pack torrent. You only need to (re-)do steps 2-4 of this guide: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to install an expansion after crack is applied? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Is it possible to install an expansion after crack is applied? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 09 Dec 2013, 12:31

Thanks! Very Happy

Game works perfectly! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 09 Dec 2013, 12:33

Glad to hear that it works for you! Do you need any further assistance?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Dec 2013, 12:44

Hi again,
I might have to take back my statement Sad

I can load up the main menu fine and load up a game, but as soon as it reaches the end of the bar after selecting a save, the game crashes to the desktop.

I've tried to do the desktop fix, but Windows declined one of the exes i tried to whitelist, saying that it can't be whitelisted in order for it to run. What should I do? :s

Thanks again.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 09 Dec 2013, 12:52

It's plausible and normal that some of the exes cannot be excluded from Data Execution Protection. Have you tested the game to find out if DEP exclusion work?

If that doesn't, you might want to try clearing your caches in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3:

Create-a-Sim Cache: CasPartCache.package
Build/Buy mode cache: compositorCache.package
Mod or custom content cache: scriptCache.package
New Sims and skin cache: simCompositorCache.package
Socialcache.package
Look for a folder that says Thumbnails. Delete anything inside of it.
Look for a folder that says Worldcaches. Delete anything inside of it.

It's also plausible that the save you are trying to load is corrupted. Can you create a new save to see if the same happens?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Dec 2013, 09:03

Sorry for late reply. None of these solutions were working so I decided to just reinstall the whole thing :,(

Loaded up a save and works great now!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jan 2014, 02:22

Had same question, found this answered topic, just wanted to say thanks a bunch for the help!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 21 Jan 2014, 05:23

Topic closed due to obsoleteness. Wink
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top