Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black screen and script error [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Black screen and script error [SOLVED] Empty Black screen and script error [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 29 Aug 2014, 21:39

Hi

I have installed game like its written in your explinations, and after that game worked nice, but when i turned off, and then turned on my pc, i couldnt run a game, i got black screen which get crashed after few seconds, to be more clear, he got minimized itself, and when i try to maximize that window i can hear music from sims and ofc i see only black screen and thats only for few sec after that it crashed again -_- and also i got some script error when i run launcher

Black screen and script error [SOLVED] 0l3Ad4u

Im using win 8.1 pro x64 original, and my pc have  i5 processor and 4gb ram, can you help me with this problems?

Back to top Go down

Black screen and script error [SOLVED] Empty Re: Black screen and script error [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 29 Aug 2014, 22:05

Hey there!

For the first of your problems, it sounds like it's this issue:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t59-the-sims-3-minimizes-as-soon-as-i-start-it-fix

You should read that topic to see if it applies to you.

As for the Script Error opening the launcher, just click "Yes" or "No". It won't affect the starting of the game, or the gameplay at all. Don't worry about it.

Good luck!  Smile

Back to top Go down

Black screen and script error [SOLVED] Empty Re: Black screen and script error [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Sat 30 Aug 2014, 03:53

SeoY wrote:Hey there!

For the first of your problems, it sounds like it's this issue:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t59-the-sims-3-minimizes-as-soon-as-i-start-it-fix

You should read that topic to see if it applies to you.

As for the Script Error opening the launcher, just click "Yes" or "No". It won't affect the starting of the game, or the gameplay at all. Don't worry about it.

Good luck!  Smile
Hi there,

Wow, that topic is old. I've added a new line.
The problem you're having, might also be caused by (corrupt) Custom Content or Mods. Do you happen to have any?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Aug 2014, 09:32

No i dont have any other program runing in my background and i dont have idea what are Mods and Custom Content XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sun 31 Aug 2014, 01:44

Mods can be modifications to the game, usually package files you download from several websites around that add another functionality or change things in your game.

Custom Content are those files you download with new furniture, hair, clothes etc, they can be .sims3pack files or .package files and you usually install them manually.

Besides that you have content you buy from EA (again, like furniture, hair, clothes etc), which is downloaded into the downloads folder and this content is usually stored in .sims3pack files as well.

Are you using the launcher to open the game or are you open the game itself?

Please try to run the game directly, which you find on
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe and let us know what happens.
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Aug 2014, 09:25

Well i didnt downloaded anything from any other site, i just installed game like its written in instructions, and all parts which i downloaded including base game are from Games4theworld. When i open game from that its same xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Aug 2014, 12:14

Hello,
Did you try the topic SeoY suggested?
Also, please try this topic:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Aug 2014, 12:35

yeah, i have tryed that and nothing happens -_-

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 31 Aug 2014, 13:22

Unihorn wrote:yeah, i have tryed that and nothing happens -_-

Hello,

Can you first tell us what the version of The Sims 3 you have? To do so, open the launcher, and make your cursor hover over the base game icon at the bottom of the launcher. There a message will pop up showing you what version your game is.

You can also tell us exactly what you have done to install the game. Please elaborate more on this so that we can all investigate the problem. Lastly, can you do a cleanup of the folder Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3? The cleanup list is down below:

Black screen and script error [SOLVED] 6d1adf8a4c

Good luck and let us know the progress.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Sep 2014, 12:09

1.67.2.024017 i first installed sims 3 base game, and after that i tryed to install other parts and game asked me for update, so i downloaded update from instruction and installed that, after that i was able to install all other parts, i have installed sims 3 pet, seasons, island paradise, world adventures, outdor, university and ambitions, when i was done with installing i applyed ultimate fix like its written there and i started a game, in that moment game started normaly i didnt have any black screen minimized and i could play that as any other game, when i turned on pc tmr morning i couldnt start game normaly, i had as i already posted black screen which get minimized itself. In some provided solutions is written that we should c/p ea folder from my documents and then remove it and start a game, i have done that and i still have same problem, i have tryed everything what was written as possible solutions on my topic.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 01 Sep 2014, 20:11

Unihorn wrote:1.67.2.024017 i first installed sims 3 base game, and after that i tryed to install other parts and game asked me for update, so i downloaded update from instruction and installed that, after that i was able to install all other parts, i have installed sims 3 pet, seasons, island paradise, world adventures, outdor, university and ambitions, when i was done with installing i applyed ultimate fix like its written there and i started a game, in that moment game started normaly i didnt have any black screen minimized and i could play that as any other game, when i turned on pc tmr morning i couldnt start game normaly, i had as i already posted black screen which get minimized itself. In some provided solutions is written that we should c/p ea folder from my documents and then remove it and start a game, i have done that and i still have same problem, i have tryed everything what was written as possible solutions on my topic.

Since your problem is a bit complicated, I suggest you send a private message to me or any other team members when they are online. We will help you via Teamviewer.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Oct 2014, 17:29

Well this will sound weird but sims started to work fine itself Very Happy i dont have idea why he had that problems but now works fine Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Oct 2014, 17:33

Unihorn wrote:Well this will sound weird but sims started to work fine itself Very Happy i dont have idea why he had that problems but now works fine Very Happy

That is good to hear! Thanks for letting us know. Very Happy

So, is the problem solved now? Can we close the topic?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Oct 2014, 18:28

yeah everything is ok now Smile you can close topic:)

Helper edit: Problem solved, topic closed.
-SeoY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top