Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem with updating with Manual Patch?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem with updating with Manual Patch?  Empty Problem with updating with Manual Patch?

Post by Guest Tue 10 Dec 2013, 02:38

I'll try to tell you guys exactly what I did.

First off, I downloaded a torrent with the base game + expansion packs up until Showtime. I dragged these unto applications > applied cracks as per the Ultimate Fix > opened sims 3 base game launcher > updated, then it downloaded the patch for a while, when I checked back again, there was no download bar so I assumed it was done > applied base game crack like the instructions told me to > played the game > came up with the start up screen, but no neighbourhoods / couldn't do anything etc, so I assumed something went wrong somehow.

I opened the launcher again and it asked me to update (even though I just did) so I thought maybe something went wrong with automatic updates > downloaded the  manual patch for a while > it wouldn't open? I'm double clicking it but nothing is popping up...

So I have no idea what to do now? Again, I looked at the Mac installation instructions but none of them seemed to apply to me as it was talking about converting expansion pack .rar files to .dmg and they are in .app?? And it was talking about automatic updating, not a manual patch so I am at a loss. I also tried updating with the launcher again (twice) but it just kept downloading the patch and doing nothing. It didn't even come up with the "patching files" bar as far as I know, and everytime I'd exit and open the launcher again it would prompt me to update.

Sorry if the fix is entirely easy or if I did something wrong, I'm still new to Mac, and its my first time installing a game unto it. Any help would be appreciated!

Back to top Go down

Problem with updating with Manual Patch?  Empty Re: Problem with updating with Manual Patch?

Post by Phoebe Tue 10 Dec 2013, 11:18

Hello,

First of all, you need to update your game first then apply the Ultimate Fix. And seems like you need to update your game manually. You can find it here, but please be sure to downalod the Mac version of it: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v163-fix-manual-patch

After updating your game, just open the Ultimate Fix and read the guide for it and just crack the games you have. For the last, open the #crack folder and copy and paste the files in it to the Applications/The Sims 3 and right click on it and click Show Package Content. Then go to Contents/Recources/transgaming/c_drive/Program files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin and paste the files in it. Then, you are done! 

Hopefully it works! Please let me know the result.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Problem with updating with Manual Patch?  Empty Re: Problem with updating with Manual Patch?

Post by Guest Tue 10 Dec 2013, 13:32

It took me 9 times to update it successfully by internet, I guessed it's because of the unstable connection. The last time I tried was at 5am, I guess all the night owls really slept by the time so I could download the patch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Tue 10 Dec 2013, 17:04

So, did you apply the Ultimate Fix after updating your game?
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Dec 2013, 01:55

You were asking me, Phoebe?
If yes, Yes I did. But then I had to delete the system.reg in the Library > Preferences > The Sims 3 Preferences.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 11 Dec 2013, 03:35

margaricafridays wrote:I'll try to tell you guys exactly what I did.

First off, I downloaded a torrent with the base game + expansion packs up until Showtime. I dragged these unto applications > applied cracks as per the Ultimate Fix > opened sims 3 base game launcher > updated, then it downloaded the patch for a while, when I checked back again, there was no download bar so I assumed it was done > applied base game crack like the instructions told me to > played the game > came up with the start up screen, but no neighbourhoods / couldn't do anything etc, so I assumed something went wrong somehow.

I opened the launcher again and it asked me to update (even though I just did) so I thought maybe something went wrong with automatic updates > downloaded the  manual patch for a while > it wouldn't open? I'm double clicking it but nothing is popping up...

So I have no idea what to do now? Again, I looked at the Mac installation instructions but none of them seemed to apply to me as it was talking about converting expansion pack .rar files to .dmg and they are in .app?? And it was talking about automatic updating, not a manual patch so I am at a loss. I also tried updating with the launcher again (twice) but it just kept downloading the patch and doing nothing. It didn't even come up with the "patching files" bar as far as I know, and everytime I'd exit and open the launcher again it would prompt me to update.

Sorry if the fix is entirely easy or if I did something wrong, I'm still new to Mac, and its my first time installing a game unto it. Any help would be appreciated!

Sorcie wrote:
It took me 9 times to update it successfully by internet, I guessed it's because of the unstable connection. The last time I tried was at 5am, I guess all the night owls really slept by the time so I could download the patch.

Phoebe, they are not the same person.

To Sorcie: Please open a new topic if you have any questions. What you have done has confused us, making us think that the topic creator is you. Please, to avoid any confusion, open a new topic if you have any questions. We prefer helping people individually so that they can be helped effectively.
Read the forum rules: www.games4theworld.forumotion.com/register
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Dec 2013, 05:04

Oh I'm sorry.
I was telling margaricafridays the reason why he/she couldn't update the patch online. 
I don't have any question, for now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Wed 11 Dec 2013, 09:04

Hello and lol,

It's okay Sorcie, I just got confused for a little  Razz  
Thanks for trying to help our community! Please feel free to reach us whenever you need.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top