Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to install Sims 3 expansions? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to install Sims 3 expansions? [SOLVED] Empty How to install Sims 3 expansions? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 22 Dec 2013, 03:04

I plan on getting a new laptop within the next few days, On my current laptop I have The Sims 3 Base game, late night, generations, World adventures, seasons, ambitions & high end stuff installed.
Although I used some of my friend's Cds to install these which i can no longer do so if i were to install my actual disc on my new laptop i would have
Base game, World adventures, High end stuff, Ambitions, Seasons & University 
Although I would still want the other games ( as well as Island Paradise and into the future) i'm confused as to how to torrent them and if I would be able to still update my game via the launcher.

So yeah, how exactly would I go about downloading Late night, generations, Island paradise and Into the Future? I haven't tormented anything before and not sure if i would follow the same instructions for the base game with all the daemon tools and what not? 
I'm a complete  Noob
 Sorry  Facepalm

Back to top Go down

How to install Sims 3 expansions? [SOLVED] Empty Re: How to install Sims 3 expansions? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 23 Dec 2013, 05:46

CordlessBlur wrote:I plan on getting a new laptop within the next few days, On my current laptop I have The Sims 3 Base game, late night, generations, World adventures, seasons, ambitions & high end stuff installed.
Although I used some of my friend's Cds to install these which i can no longer do so if i were to install my actual disc on my new laptop i would have
Base game, World adventures, High end stuff, Ambitions, Seasons & University 
Although I would still want the other games ( as well as Island Paradise and into the future) i'm confused as to how to torrent them and if I would be able to still update my game via the launcher.

So yeah, how exactly would I go about downloading Late night, generations, Island paradise and Into the Future? I haven't tormented anything before and not sure if i would follow the same instructions for the base game with all the daemon tools and what not? 
I'm a complete  Noob
 Sorry  Facepalm

Hello,

Don't worry, I'll try making it as simple as possible. Wink

Install the games you have, following these instructions: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Then you need a torrent client. Google for "utorrent", then download and install that. Also, make sure to read this topic.

Now, if you want to download anything from Games4TheWorld, you'll need WinRAR, to open the downloads and extract the contents. Get it from here. If you have difficulties navigating on that site, type Ctrl + F to open the search function. Now, type in "WinRAR 4.20" (or any other download you're looking for). Then, when you get there, click on the magnet symbol on the left of the download. You should now confirm that you want to open the link with "utorrent" (at least it's that way in Firefox). And your download should start then. Let it finish...then install WinRAR, following the included instructions.

I think that's enough *new* information for now. See if you can actually get that far, and let me know if anything is unclear to you.

But there still need to be a few things done, so keep me updated ! Smile 

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

How to install Sims 3 expansions? [SOLVED] Empty Re: How to install Sims 3 expansions? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 27 Dec 2013, 03:09

Thanks for replying ( & sorry for my late reply ^_^ )
I get my new laptop tomorrow / today so i'll try it as soon as I get it and respond then, Although i'm not quite sure if that would count as double posting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Fri 27 Dec 2013, 08:34

Hello,

If it is something in depth, i.e., where you have questions and/or you are requesting further assistance, we won't consider it double-posting or "spamming".  Smile

Congratulations on the new PC!  We will keep this thread open until we hear from you. If you feel puzzled or have any questions, please post them here.  Just be sure to follow what Carlos posted and you should be set.  Wink
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Dec 2013, 22:04

The link for WinRar isn't working? I had it on my previous laptop although i have no idea where I downloaded it from x_x
Also, I'm stuck at the port forwarding step ( I posed in the software sub forum) Is it vital that I do it ? 

& Thanks SephyMuffins c:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Sat 28 Dec 2013, 01:03

CordlessBlur wrote:The link for WinRar isn't working? I had it on my previous laptop although i have no idea where I downloaded it from x_x
Also, I'm stuck at the port forwarding step ( I posed in the software sub forum) Is it vital that I do it ? 

& Thanks SephyMuffins c:

Hello,

You can find Winrar from us (Carlos posted a link but it's down right now since our main website is under constriction) or download a feww trial from the main website:  http://rarlabs.com/download.htm

You'll either need to download the WinRAR x86 (32 bit) 5.01 one or the WinRAR x64 (64 bit) 5.01.  The difference between the two is if you either have a 32bit PC or a 64bit.  Smile  Again, since it's from the main website, they are trial versions - it will hold you over until you either choose to buy it or torrent it elsewhere (pirate it).  Once you install WinRAR, the .rar files will be opened within WinRAR and you'll be able to go from there.

As far as the port forwarding, I'm not quite sure what this is in relation to?
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Dec 2013, 01:49

Thanks for the links (:
And by port forwarding I was talking about the thread on how to speed up utorrent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Sat 28 Dec 2013, 03:50

CordlessBlur wrote:Thanks for the links (:
And by port forwarding I was talking about the thread on how to speed up utorrent

You're welcome. Smile

To be honest, the port forwarding is good but it's not really necessary.  It can help if you have slower than normal internet, other than that, it doesn't TRULY effect how you download any Torrents from us or otherwise.  I believe Carlos added that to his response to you, just as a helpful suggestion.  I can't speak for him obviously, but in my case for example, I literally just installed uTorrent and began downloading all of the Sims 3 expansion I have now.
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Dec 2013, 03:55

Alright, I've just finished installing all my games on CD now to get torrenting. So where exactly do I download from since the website is down?  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Sat 28 Dec 2013, 04:02

CordlessBlur wrote:Alright, I've just finished installing all my games on CD now to get torrenting. So where exactly do I download from since the website is down?  Laughing

Thankfully there is another place you can turn to if our main site is ever down due to construction (or other problems).
If you go here, you can find all torrents from us (exclusively).  Smile  So long as you see " ULed by Games4theworld ", you are good.
My suggestion, just personally, would be to begin torrenting all games you want all at the same time.  This can be very demanding on your internet, but if you're okay with that, that's what I would do.  It may be that you will need to let the downloads actually download over night or most of the day - sometimes if you have a slower internet, it can take a few days. Obviously all of the games are quite large!  

Once you've downloaded all of the games you want, begin installing them, following the steps provided here:  https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

These are going to be the only steps you are going to want to follow!  There are text files found within each expansion pack that are called " Installation Instructions ".  Only use those for the serial numbers, but do not follow the steps provided in the text files.  As I said, the only instructions you're going to want to follow are the steps found within the link I provided (Must Read How to Install The Sims 3 Correctly)!

If you have any questions or problems (hopefully not) during these steps, feel free to post here and we all will try our best to assist.   Wink
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Dec 2013, 04:04

The site is blocked  Foreveralone

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 28 Dec 2013, 05:27

CordlessBlur wrote:The site is blocked  Foreveralone

Hello,

If you mean "Piratebay", then in some countries, it might be blocked, yes, unfortunately. Try this though:

http://bayproxy.me/

Or just type into google something like "Piratebay Proxies [UK]". Look at the search results then - google should come up with lots of "alternative addresses" - like the one I just posted. I'm sure that you'll find at least one address that works for you. Smile 

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Dec 2013, 15:41

Thanks again, nearly finished downloading them. My game is already up to date so do I need to follow step 2 of > https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly < and download the manual patch ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Sun 29 Dec 2013, 00:43

Hello,

I'd strongly advise you to use the Manual Patch before the Ultimate Fix!  For example, I did that.  Smile  I got the base-game through Origin and obviously the game was automatically updated to the most recent patch (1.63), however I still used the Manual Patch just to be on the safe side.
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Feb 2014, 15:34

I'm not sure if this counts as bringing up an old post but I would just like to say thanks for the help ^_^ I installed everything right then couldn't find my original thread

Moderator edit: problem solved, topic closed.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top