Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"it looks like you have installed unofficial game modification"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"it looks like you have installed unofficial game modification" Empty "it looks like you have installed unofficial game modification"

Post by Guest Thu 26 Dec 2013, 01:23

Hi! I've just installed the latest patch after following the installation guide and installing the ultimate fix.
However, when I startup my game this message appears:
"it looks like you have installed unofficial game modification" Err10
Okay I just got this image from Google but this is the exact same message that appears on my screen.
I'm using a MacBook Pro with OS X Mountain Lion. I have all the expansions up to Showtime installed.
Should I delete the Caches? I'm pretty sure I followed every single step from the guide.
All my games were torrents. What to do?
Please, please help meeee Very Happy

Back to top Go down

"it looks like you have installed unofficial game modification" Empty Re: "it looks like you have installed unofficial game modification"

Post by Dieneryn Thu 26 Dec 2013, 03:31

Hello,

Can you show me a screenshot of your game launcher?

Also, which is the guide that you followed?  Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

"it looks like you have installed unofficial game modification" Empty Reply to: "it looks like you have installed unofficial game modification"

Post by Guest Fri 27 Dec 2013, 10:30

Hi Dieneryn! My slow connection would not allow me to post a picture of my  launcher but it shows that I have installed all expansions up to Showtime. The version is 1.63.4.024002 and the guide I followed goes like:
 ***FIX BY: Dale (Developer) and Games4theworld***
The Sims 3 Update / Ultimate Fix - Mac Installation Guide Updated on: 10-9-2013 (For latest version only download from THIS page!) 

Back to top Go down

"it looks like you have installed unofficial game modification" Empty Re: "it looks like you have installed unofficial game modification"

Post by Dieneryn Fri 27 Dec 2013, 11:43

Hello,

I have seen your screenshot. You should be following this guide instead: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t11808-brand-new-how-to-install-the-sims-3-on-mac-os-guide-read-it-here-now-new

If you feel like you need to do a reinstall, please make sure you read this post: http://bluebellflora.com/the-sims-3-on-a-mac/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-a-mac/

I wish you all the best Wink

Last edited by Dieneryn on Fri 27 Dec 2013, 14:21; edited 1 time in total
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Dec 2013, 13:39

Does this mean that I will have to redownload it since I only have torrents? Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Fri 27 Dec 2013, 14:22

Ummm.. I'm not quite sure what you meant.. all our games are torrents.. so.. I'm confused?
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Dec 2013, 23:56

Umm okay scratch that. Haha. I downloaded just one torrent and includes the base game and all the expansion packs up to Showtime. When I unzip it, the base game and all the expansions are already installed. The guide says to install one by one, but that is impossible with my torrent. I will still have to see, but thank you tons for the help! Right now I'm redownloading the fix.  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Sat 28 Dec 2013, 01:47

Hello, 

Thanks for clarifying. I'm not quite sure if your torrent will work with our method though, or even allow you to install newer EPs.

Also, if you are not installing any additional EPs from our site, you should have followed the instructions that came with the torrent that you downloaded.

In any case, here's what I suggest you could try for now:
- Re-download the manual patch again and apply it, making sure it says v1.63 on your launcher.
- Install any additional EPs that you would want. 
- Re-download the latest Ultimate Fix and apply it.

If it does not work, there are two things you could do:
1) Reinstall your torrent, and follow the instruction that comes with your torrent.
OR
2) Download the mac base game from the mac installation guide that I have linked you, and also download the EPs from our site. 

I hope one of these solutions work for you. Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Dec 2013, 03:37

Hi! I've been simming for about an hour now! Your guide must have
worked for my torrents! Very Happy Although I'm really not sure if I will be able
to install other EPs. The game starts up real slow but it's worth the wait.
Again, thank you so much! I have PC installers of Seasons, etc. but I
can't use them for Mac, can I? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Sat 28 Dec 2013, 04:19

You are very welcome Smile

If you read the guide, there's a section that teaches you how to convert those files into mac-friendly installs Smile

I hope you enjoy your game! Anything else we can help you with?
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top