Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible Fix for "installed an unofficial game modification..." (MAC)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Possible Fix for "installed an unofficial game modification..." (MAC) Empty Possible Fix for "installed an unofficial game modification..." (MAC)

Post by Guest Tue 02 Sep 2014, 09:47

This is one of my solution and hopefully this solution work!
If you have a pop error saying "unofficial game modification" this could mean that you did not install the Expansion Packs in order!

It is crucial to install the Expansion Packs in order for macs; if not, this error will occur and it will be unplayable. >:

1.) Uninstall everything! (I know it's in the pain v.v)
2.) Install EP correctly in order (by date) (Click here to see the EP in order)
3.) Advise to test (by playing) after you successfully install each individual EP.
4.) Update and Crack!
5.) Viola hope it works.

---------------------------
Another solution!!
Tthere could be a corrupted mod.
If so, please remove all the mods and play without using mods.
---------------------------

---If anyone found other possible solutions, please do reply in this thread. ---

If other problems have occur, please look through the Mac Support, to find other possible solution!

DO NOT POST ANY QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS IN THIS TOPIC. INSTEAD, PLEASE OPEN A NEW TOPIC IN THE APPROPRIATE FORUM-SECTION, "MAC SUPPORT"! THANK-YOU-NOTES CAN BE POSTED IN THE SECTION WITH THE SAME NAME.

Note that any and all questions posted under this thread, will be deleted without any explanation or advance warning. We have the Forum sections dedicated to Support purposes, for a reason.

Back to top Go down

Possible Fix for "installed an unofficial game modification..." (MAC) Empty Re: Possible Fix for "installed an unofficial game modification..." (MAC)

Post by Phoebe Sat 13 Sep 2014, 17:34

Hello Intropella,

The way you described right here is essential for being able to work The Sims 3 on Mac Very Happy The "Installation an unmodified Game Modification" usually means, if someone had to update their game before installing the latest EPs and forgot to update it again after installing all the expansions and apply the Ultimate Fix, the game detects it. It isn't directly about installing every in order, but to update the game right before applying the Ultimate Fix (whether they applied it before or not)

I am not sure game mods cause this error. But as you said, it won't hurt anyone to remove the Mods file and test the game without it Smile
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Possible Fix for "installed an unofficial game modification..." (MAC) Empty Re: Possible Fix for "installed an unofficial game modification..." (MAC)

Post by Guest Fri 25 Aug 2017, 06:18

hello everyone,

firstt, sorry for my bad english, i hope u all can understand what i mean, i'm not a native speak.

FYI, i'm using
macOS Sierra
version 10.12.6
Macbook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

and i already install WINESKIN WRAPPER & download all The Sims 4 file include Ultimate fix, and i already follow all instruction from G4TW, but i still have an error and i can't play The Sims 4.

i have windows parallel, but i don't want play in there, i'm so hopefully to play The Sims 4 on my mac not using window parallel.

so my problems is (take a look at picture i sent) everytime i launch The Sims 4 using my wrapper this always pop up

please help, i'm so desprated to play The Sims 4 on my mac

thanks

Possible Fix for "installed an unofficial game modification..." (MAC) Img20114

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top