Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3: Pets - I'm still getting "please insert disk 1" while installing the game. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3: Pets - I'm still getting "please insert disk 1" while installing the game. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3: Pets - I'm still getting "please insert disk 1" while installing the game. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 25 Jul 2014, 09:42

I've tried to install the game multiple times, tried the sims 3 pets fix & tried the ultimate fix too just in case, read numerous threads about people with the same problem, followed the instructions perfectly, triple-checking each time that I got every step in the installation instructions right. Yet, I'm still having this issue and I'm honestly getting really frustrated now, on the verge of giving up on this endeavor entirely.

Despite everything I've tried it still says: "Please insert disk 1 that contains the file Caches/AppaloosaPlains.objectCache." every damn time.

Help

//EDIT

Never mind guys, I got it sorted. It was something to do with the program I was using to extract the files. I tried again with WinRAR and it works just fine now  Sims 3: Pets - I'm still getting "please insert disk 1" while installing the game. [SOLVED] Icon_biggrin

Back to top Go down

Sims 3: Pets - I'm still getting "please insert disk 1" while installing the game. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3: Pets - I'm still getting "please insert disk 1" while installing the game. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 27 Jul 2014, 23:10

asphodelnightmare wrote:I've tried to install the game multiple times, tried the sims 3 pets fix & tried the ultimate fix too just in case, read numerous threads about people with the same problem, followed the instructions perfectly, triple-checking each time that I got every step in the installation instructions right. Yet, I'm still having this issue and I'm honestly getting really frustrated now, on the verge of giving up on this endeavor entirely.

Despite everything I've tried it still says: "Please insert disk 1 that contains the file Caches/AppaloosaPlains.objectCache." every damn time.

Help

//EDIT

Never mind guys, I got it sorted. It was something to do with the program I was using to extract the files. I tried again with WinRAR and it works just fine now  Sims 3: Pets - I'm still getting "please insert disk 1" while installing the game. [SOLVED] Icon_biggrin

Hello and sorry for the late reply,

Yes, in order to extract the downloads of G4TW, it's recommended to use WinRAR only. And then always make a NEW folder, and extract ALL contents of the .RAR into the folder you created. Start the installation from within that folder then.

Do you need assistance with anything else or can I close the thread ? Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3: Pets - I'm still getting "please insert disk 1" while installing the game. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3: Pets - I'm still getting "please insert disk 1" while installing the game. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jul 2014, 01:28

Nope, I'm good. Thanks Very Happy

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed. Feel free to open a new thread if you have any future questions. Have fun ! Very Happy

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top