Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Origin account and expansion packs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Origin account and expansion packs Empty Origin account and expansion packs

Post by Guest Sun 29 Dec 2013, 18:39

So I have an origin account with the base game and my friend has an origin account with just several expansion packs. I was wondering if I could download the base game, download the expansion packs from my friend, then download your expansions I don't have from the piratebay. How would I go about making that work?

Back to top Go down

Origin account and expansion packs Empty Re: Origin account and expansion packs

Post by Sephymuffins Sun 29 Dec 2013, 18:49

Hello,

To my knowledge, I don't believe you'd be able to do this, unfortunately.  If she has already installed the expansion packs onto her PC then that would basically mean that the serial codes for those specific games cannot be used again - that, and to be honest, doing what you're wanting to do would take a bit of time and really it'd just be tedious!  Sad

You are, in fact, better off starting from scratch.  Download the base-game from us and then download all of the expansions you would like to play.  I say to do this, only because when you install a game from EA, you're forced to load Origin to even load The Sims 3!  Again, this is solely up to you if you want to keep your 'bought' version of the base-game.  If you do, that's perfectly fine - you can still installed pirated expansions onto your base-game.
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Dec 2013, 19:01

So if I keep my base game and install that then download all of your expansion packs would that work the same? Would I just follow the installation guide on top? I wouldn't be able to log in or anything would I? And sorry for the other question but would mods like Overwatch and Errortrap work fine?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Sun 29 Dec 2013, 19:08

avandelay997 wrote:So if I keep my base game and install that then download all of your expansion packs would that work the same? Would I just follow the installation guide on top? I wouldn't be able to log in or anything would I? And sorry for the other question but would mods like Overwatch and Errortrap work fine?

Yes, all of those mods will work.  Surprisingly, there's nothing really different from having a bought base-game, compared to a pirated base-game.  The only differences you are looking at is that to play the game, you'll need to launch Origin.  Aside from this, the only other difference is that specific files for your base game will ONLY be found under:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\

Some people can find those two annoying, while others don't mind!  So it's really up to you whether or not you want to keep your bought base-game or just pirate/torrent the base-game from us and start from scratch.  Smile

Also, please review these steps once you are ready to install any expansion packs.  These steps are VITAL to you and they will help you tremendously!
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Dec 2013, 22:44

Hello so I downloaded the Sims 3 and expansions I wanted. I extracted the sims 3 folder to another folder but when I proceed to use Daemon tools to mount disc 1 iso it does but in my computer screen it says 0 bytes free and won't work. Do you know what I could do to fix this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Sun 29 Dec 2013, 23:14

avandelay997 wrote:Hello so I downloaded the Sims 3 and expansions I wanted. I extracted the sims 3 folder to another folder but when I proceed to use Daemon tools to mount disc 1 iso it does but in my computer screen it says 0 bytes free and won't work. Do you know what I could do to fix this?

I did some research for you on this issue, as this is not something I'm very "familiar with", as I've never had that issue on Windows 7 and I use Windows 8.1 more than anything (I have a desktop PC and a laptop).  I've not been able to figure out why this error pops up for some people, but I did find a person with a similar problem on the Microsoft Official site and someone responded with this tactic:

Spoiler:

My suggestion would be to try this, first, then see if that resolves your issue.  Smile
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Dec 2013, 23:23

I tried this but it did not work. Thanks for looking into this so fast too wow! I think what I'll do is check if the expansions work and if so I'll just download the base game since I've got it. Thanks again.

Well just for clarification in the expansion rar it contains just a ton of files and stuff should I make a new folder and extract that to there? What should I do then because the main instructions folder says not to follow the instructions in there but I still don't know how to install them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Mon 30 Dec 2013, 07:16

Hello,

For the expansions. You do need to extract them into a new folder. After that, simply run the installer. Just note not to use the instructions that came with it. Also, do not use the cracks there.

Basically, you can follow the instructions from here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Happy Holidays! Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Dec 2013, 01:21

Hello, thanks for responding. Everything seems to be working so far but right now but the ultimate fix is not downloading. It gets to 1.6/1.6 and the stops. I also tried the mega download as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top