Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help! Ulitmate Fix Wont Work!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help! Ulitmate Fix Wont Work!! Empty Help! Ulitmate Fix Wont Work!!

Post by Guest Thu 02 Jan 2014, 22:55

I have every expansion you guys have out. From Sims 3 to Into the future. Ive tried for the past 2 days to download and fix my sims because everytime I try to play I get there error to insert the disc, which clearly I dont have. Ive read many posts about doing the manual update and the ulitmate fix but it wont download. and when i get the ultimate fix to download i extract it and Winrar says that all my files are corrupt so I just get a folder with nothing in it. Ive tried downloading it from here and like 10 other websites and im just about to rip my hair out Please Help!

Back to top Go down

Help! Ulitmate Fix Wont Work!! Empty Re: Help! Ulitmate Fix Wont Work!!

Post by Admin Fri 03 Jan 2014, 01:30

Hello there,

10 other websites? Our Ultimate Fix only has 2 official download links. This is one of them: http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/Downloads/Fixes/The_Sims_3_fix.rar

Please re-download it from the download link above, using no download managers or anything.
If that didn't work either, please post a screenshot of the .rar file openend.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jan 2014, 01:42

Thanks Idk if it was actually 10 but it seemed like it idk what happened but now its working i installed it and everything but when i play sims now it crashes after it loads the neighbourhoods

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jan 2014, 07:06

do u have any modsif so try uninstalling them and check if it doesnt help please post here again

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jan 2014, 16:52

No theirs no mods or anything. It seems like it wants to run when it wants. theres sometimes it wants to crash as soon as i launch it and then theres times i can play hours with it before it crashes

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 03 Jan 2014, 16:59

xolove24xo wrote:No theirs no mods or anything. It seems like it wants to run when it wants. theres sometimes it wants to crash as soon as i launch it and then theres times i can play hours with it before it crashes

Hello,

If you don't use any mods, look here, and do all the steps:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-14-07-2013

Do all the steps, and if you have a computer with at least 4 GB of RAM and a 64-bit OS, especially step #3. Download that "4 GB patch" and double-click it. Choose the TS3W.exe in the base game location in the next window, then close the program.

Generally, after every crash, go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete all contents of the folder Currentgame.sims3.

Start the game and see if things go better. Smile  This game has a strange way of working; sometimes my game crashes/freezes too, but it usually works when I restart the game. Let us know the result though !

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jan 2014, 22:09

Do you know how i would apply the 4gb patch? There is no instructions to it?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 03 Jan 2014, 22:23

xolove24xo wrote:Do you know how i would apply the 4gb patch? There is no instructions to it?

Yes, there are no instructions included, but it's pretty much like I said before:

After downloading you just double-click on that patch (it's a small file); you will then be prompted to "choose an .exe". You then have to go to your base game location, and choose the TS3W.exe. Then a window will show up saying something like "executable successfully patched...". Close the patch then - and that's it. Smile

P.S. Usually, the base game location is.. C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. If you got your base game from Origin, it's
C:\Program files(x86)\Origin games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 04 Jan 2014, 01:28

Hello again,

Sorry about not getting back to you. I wanted to get back to you yesterday, but couldn't open the topic any more, due to a browser error.
Anyway, I moved your topic to the "In-game" section.

Try this one too: back up (!) and remove this folder completely: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ , to make sure all "corrupt" data is out of there, if there are any.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Jan 2014, 08:36

Ive done most of these and it still wont work and sorry for making you repeat yourself ive been up for 36+ hours yall must get annoyed by that but how do you back up the file? do you just copy it to a new folder?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Jan 2014, 15:04

You can backup the folder by saving it to a new folder on your desktop. This makes sure that it can easily be replaced should anything go wrong. I had the same disk problem yesterday. The crack file from the ultimate fix was the only that that I needed. I really hope you get your game working again. I would also suggest sleep.... sleep is good. :)It will help avoid a headache and some frustration.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 04 Jan 2014, 18:52

xolove24xo wrote:Ive done most of these and it still wont work and sorry for making you repeat yourself ive been up for 36+ hours yall must get annoyed by that but how do you back up the file? do you just copy it to a new folder?

OK, so this means you don't get the "insert disc" prompt anymore, but the game crashes ?

Go to the location the Admin mentioned: My Documents/Electronic Arts and look for a folder called "The Sims 3". Change the folder's name, into anything you like. For example: The Sims 3.old or whatever. Just change the name.

Re-start the game, make a new savegame, and then try playing on for a while.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top