Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GTW Download wont work

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GTW Download wont work Empty GTW Download wont work

Post by Guest Wed 15 Apr 2015, 04:56

I've searched this forum for hours and found no fix. The base game works just fine, but when i go to make active GTW in the "My Packs" section of the main menu, it tells me I have to be connected and have a registered version of the Sims 4 in Origin. 

I shut down Origin completely to see if that would help, but the game doesn't even start if I do that. I made it go offline and online and still the same message when I go to "My Packs". 

I downloaded the zip and copied all folders to the "Sims 4" folder in "program files x86" 

please help Sad I don't know what else to do.

Back to top Go down

GTW Download wont work Empty Re: GTW Download wont work

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 15 Apr 2015, 17:56

Kiah911 wrote:I've searched this forum for hours and found no fix. The base game works just fine, but when i go to make active GTW in the "My Packs" section of the main menu, it tells me I have to be connected and have a registered version of the Sims 4 in Origin. 

I shut down Origin completely to see if that would help, but the game doesn't even start if I do that. I made it go offline and online and still the same message when I go to "My Packs". 

I downloaded the zip and copied all folders to the "Sims 4" folder in "program files x86" 

please help Sad I don't know what else to do.

Hello,

You are NOT supposed to go under "My Packs". That isn't going to work with pirated games. Just play the game, load your savefile and then play with the new stuff (careers,..) in-game.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Apr 2015, 01:51

Call me stupid, but I don't understand how to do that. How do you load the savefile in game?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 16 Apr 2015, 02:05

Kiah911 wrote:Call me stupid, but I don't understand how to do that. How do you load the savefile in game?

In the main menu of the game, there is a BIG button that looks like the "Play"-button on stereos, MP3-players, etc. What happens if you click on that button... ? 

Sorry, I don't have access right now to my main computer, hence I cannot post a screnshot, but starting the game should be pretty straightforward...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Apr 2015, 02:11

No I know how to start the game lol you said "load your savefile" I didn't know what you meant by that. I'm playing a game currently, with the GTW pack installed from this site, but I have none of the content available to me in game.

//EDIT

But when I click that button it just resumes my current game.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 16 Apr 2015, 02:18

Kiah911 wrote:No I know how to start the game lol you said "load your savefile" I didn't know what you meant by that. I'm playing a game currently, with the GTW pack installed from this site, but I have none of the content available to me in game.

//EDIT

But when I click that button it just resumes my current game.

If you installed the pack correctly (according to the included instructions) then there is "special activation" necessary; you can then just continue with your game as usual.

The reason you cannot access the pack is most likely because your anti-virus software is deleting the crack files. Do you have such anti-virus software ? And do you know how to configure "exclusions" correctly...? See this guide here for an introduction to the subject:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-6-3-2015

Note: you will also need to do some additional research on your own...also, when you're done with that, unrar the files from "Get to Work" again, to your Sims 4 install location. 

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Apr 2015, 02:24

I've read the installation guide several times, there is nothing in there about a special activation. I think that is the problem I'm having. Do you have a link to this info?

I've done all these steps, but this is what the guide says:

=> NOTE: This is an expansion pack, so in order to be able to play it, you'll need the base game first!
You can download the base game, called "The Sims 4" from 
=> NOTE: The game might not work while Origin is running, so make sure that Origin is closed while running the game, OR put it in
"Offline Mode". If you are logged in with Origin running, the game will most likely not work, because Origin will detect that the
game is not officially linked to your account.(No need to worry about bans or anything though)
=> NOTE: Anti-virus software will most likely interfere with the included crack. There you should (temporarily) DISABLE YOUR
ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE COMPLETELY and then copy the files. After that, add ALL game folders to your anti-virus software's
exceptions list, as described here:

1. Drag and drop all the folders mentioned below from this .RAR file to the folder where you installed your
The Sims 4 base game to. If you installed the Games4theworld version of the base game, by default your
installation folder will be: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\
A popup will appear, telling you the files and folders already exist. Choose "Copy and replace", to replace the old files
with the updated ones. Copy ALL the folders:

- __Installer
- Data
- Delta
- EP01
- FP01
- Game
- GP01
- Support

2. The game is pre-cracked with RELOADED's wonderful crack, so after copying all the folders, run the game and... ENJOY playing!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 16 Apr 2015, 02:30

Kiah911 wrote:I've read the installation guide several times, there is nothing in there about a special activation. I think that is the problem I'm having. Do you have a link to this info?

I've done all these steps, but this is what the guide says:

=> NOTE: This is an expansion pack, so in order to be able to play it, you'll need the base game first!
You can download the base game, called "The Sims 4" from 
=> NOTE: The game might not work while Origin is running, so make sure that Origin is closed while running the game, OR put it in
"Offline Mode". If you are logged in with Origin running, the game will most likely not work, because Origin will detect that the
game is not officially linked to your account.(No need to worry about bans or anything though)
=> NOTE: Anti-virus software will most likely interfere with the included crack. There you should (temporarily) DISABLE YOUR
ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE COMPLETELY and then copy the files. After that, add ALL game folders to your anti-virus software's
exceptions list, as described here:

1. Drag and drop all the folders mentioned below from this .RAR file to the folder where you installed your
The Sims 4 base game to. If you installed the Games4theworld version of the base game, by default your
installation folder will be: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\
A popup will appear, telling you the files and folders already exist. Choose "Copy and replace", to replace the old files
with the updated ones. Copy ALL the folders:

- __Installer
- Data
- Delta
- EP01
- FP01
- Game
- GP01
- Support

2. The game is pre-cracked with RELOADED's wonderful crack, so after copying all the folders, run the game and... ENJOY playing!

Yeah sorry, it's really late for me...what I meant to say (of course) was that you DO NOT need to do anything special to "activate" the expansion. Just play on with your savefile as usual. 

Please read the guide that I linked to in my previous reply, about the anti-virus. This is really essential. And make sure to do everything properly.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Apr 2015, 02:38

I still don't understand what you mean by savefile. But I've done all the steps and nothing is working. I ended Origin through "end process" and the game stops working. I re-installed and everything. There's nothing more I can apparently do, according to these guides. If anyone is willing to do remote view on my computer and see what the problem is that would be greatly appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 16 Apr 2015, 02:42

Kiah911 wrote:I still don't understand what you mean by savefile. But I've done all the steps and nothing is working. I ended Origin through "end process" and the game stops working. I re-installed and everything. There's nothing more I can apparently do, according to these guides. If anyone is willing to do remote view on my computer and see what the problem is that would be greatly appreciated.

Please join the forum's chatbox, at the top of the forum's main page (click on "Log in" there). I will see what I can do about it. Smile

//EDIT

Sorry, I got disconnected. Facepalm  Feel free to join the chat again when you see me online there. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Apr 2015, 07:38

After Carlos Team Viewing and unable to fix the problem, and totally reinstalling everything Sims related, I've come to the only possible conclusion is that the download is just broken for me Sad I hope they can come out with a different download soon that will work for everyone. If anyone knows any other downloads from other sites please send it my way Smile I'm so disappointed GTW doesn't work for me!

Thank you so much Carlos for your help!!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 16 Apr 2015, 23:16

Kiah911 wrote:After Carlos Team Viewing and unable to fix the problem, and totally reinstalling everything Sims related, I've come to the only possible conclusion is that the download is just broken for me Sad I hope they can come out with a different download soon that will work for everyone. If anyone knows any other downloads from other sites please send it my way Smile I'm so disappointed GTW doesn't work for me!

Thank you so much Carlos for your help!!

Sorry that it didn't work, and for the future, you may want to consider a fresh re-install of Windows - if you want to play a pirated Sims 4. And when you really do that - please - do not install any anti-virus program anymore. Or do it like me and most others: just install ONE program, that you are familiar with.

Beyond that, I've never seen a crack that is so "susceptible" to anti-virus systems and firewalls. Guess we have to live with that, though.

WhatDidUJustCallMe? 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top