Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Missing Objects" Warning after Updating to 1.67

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Missing Objects" Warning after Updating to 1.67 Empty "Missing Objects" Warning after Updating to 1.67

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jan 2014, 12:51

Good day!
Everything's working fine before I updated my game version to 1.67 this morning and properly applied the game fix. When I tried to play my game, It prompts a message that says: "Missing object warning! Some objects could not be found and have been replaced" I tried uninstalling/reinstalling some sims3packs and followed the solution "Missing Objects" Warning after Updating to 1.67 T2208-sims3pack-installed-world-inaccessible-or-wont-install-fixfrom Lady ElDi but some of the content doesn't show up. My concern is, all of my CCs are in .package files and it's less than 1GB. I merged them this morning as well, using Lady ElDi's tutorial. 

I have Generations/Ambitions/Master Suite Stuff/70's,80's,90's Stuff/Seasons and Island Paradise installed.

Help 

Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

"Missing Objects" Warning after Updating to 1.67 Empty Re: "Missing Objects" Warning after Updating to 1.67

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 28 Jan 2014, 00:31

cielpurple wrote:Good day!
Everything's working fine before I updated my game version to 1.67 this morning and properly applied the game fix. When I tried to play my game, It prompts a message that says: "Missing object warning! Some objects could not be found and have been replaced" I tried uninstalling/reinstalling some sims3packs and followed the solution "Missing Objects" Warning after Updating to 1.67 T2208-sims3pack-installed-world-inaccessible-or-wont-install-fixfrom Lady ElDi but some of the content doesn't show up. My concern is, all of my CCs are in .package files and it's less than 1GB. I merged them this morning as well, using Lady ElDi's tutorial. 

I have Generations/Ambitions/Master Suite Stuff/70's,80's,90's Stuff/Seasons and Island Paradise installed.

Help 

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

If you haven't added or removed any CC, and you get this warning, then ignore that warning (for now) and look if there are really items missing.

It was not a good idea to remove all .sims3packs, and one possible reason they don't show up is because of old cache files; so have you also cleared the cache mentioned in Lady ElDi's first topic you linked to ?

Also, you should only merge buy/build-mode items and nothing else; so if there is anything that doesn't "fit" into your stuff (e.g. if you have tried merging a world into all this too) then the whole .package file might be useless; but then maybe another Helper knows more about CC than I do.

Plus, if you installed the .sims3packs with the launcher, do this in small steps ! If you install too many files at once, the launcher will eventually say "Installed", although the items don't show up in the game.

Good luck, but next time don't remove ALL .sims3packs. From my experience, it's often enough to just try again installing the same .sims3pack file (with the launcher), and then clearing the cache. Removing everything should only be the very last option.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

"Missing Objects" Warning after Updating to 1.67 Empty Re: "Missing Objects" Warning after Updating to 1.67

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jan 2014, 12:18

First of all, I would like to thank you  for responding to my post Carlos! 

Since I used to have CCs installed before the update, I can say that all of them are not showing up in game

I always make sure that I follow the steps carefully so that I won't have any problems in the future but this happened   Sad 

Sorry, I didn't know that merging is only advisable to use for build/buy stuffs. I have CAS items merged  my bad. Facepalm  I don't have any other worlds aside from the ones included in EPs.

I install .sims3packs one by one because I don't want to make my PC suffer  Embarassed

Thank you for the advice, now, what can I do to make the CCs appear again? Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 28 Jan 2014, 14:03

Merging neighbourhoods is not possible, but it is okay to merge CAS items.

I would like you to restore all the sims3packs and packages from (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\CC Magic\Packages and (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\CC Magic\Sims3packs and install them again without merging. 

Try installing sims3packs bit by bit, one by one and see if there are any problems.

Remember to delete the folder (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Cache to prevent duplicates of certain Custom Content.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 Jan 2014, 13:28

Thanks for the response J.T. I will do what you suggest now. I'll update you soon. The Sims 3 plumbob 

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 31 Jan 2014, 19:11

cielpurple wrote:Thanks for the response J.T. I will do what you suggest now. I'll update you soon. The Sims 3 plumbob 

Sorry for not getting back to you in time, but yes, CAS items can be merged (too).

As a "rule of thumb", try not to install .sims3packs that were made by "hobby simmers", so to speak. As for me, most of my .sims3packs are official store items, but I do have a few third party .sims3packs too.

Not all third-party CCs are bad, but you get the idea. So yes, in case of doubr, install them in small bits.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Feb 2014, 01:19

I don't have "hobby simmers" CCs anymore. I used to have them years ago. I only have official store items which are downloaded for free.

update:
i installed my .sims3packs and .packages files one by one, and they appeared. What I did was I saved the family to the library and placed them in a new town (Which is Isla Paradiso). Now the problem is, it's laggy. like 10sec human time lag. I tried game booster it's still lags  No 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top