Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed  [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 10 Dec 2013, 16:04

Hi there,

I am a huge fan of The Sims 3 and because I've read so much good about games4theworld, the downloads and the support, I wanted to downloaded all The Sims 3 games from you guys. So I did it!

I installed the base game. All was well! Then I installed all the other expansions (in the correct order). But when I come down to Island Paradise I get this:

"Setup has detected that The Sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed. Setup is unable to continue."

I didn't use any [#Crack]-folders and niether have I tried to play the game in between the installations. I also have the lasted Origin update. In fact I update Origin before installing Island Paradise. Could this be the problem? If I reapply the manual patch and then install Island Paradise, would it work?

Could you please help me? I hope I don't need to reinstall all the expansions again!

Thank you in advance and thank you for being here for us!

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed  [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 10 Dec 2013, 17:58

Maybe your Island Paradise expansion has not been fully downloaded or is missing some files, I recommend you to continue the download of Island Paradise, if there's no problem, try to re-extract the whole Island Paradise files to see if some files were missing or not.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed  [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 10 Dec 2013, 18:57

Thank you for your reply!

The problem is solved :)Can wait to play!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Tue 10 Dec 2013, 19:35

Hello bia0209,

I'm glad it decided to work for you!  Please do not forget to use the Ultimate Fix after using the Manual Patch.  This will ensure optimal gameplay and it will avoid the game giving you errors.  

Other than that, do you need anymore assistance or have any further questions?  Smile
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Dec 2013, 09:59

Thank you so much!

I have the Ultimate Fix patch, but I don't know if it's the latest one. It says it was updated on 23-10-2013. Is this the correct one?
Other then that, I don't have any other questions:)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Wed 11 Dec 2013, 10:03

You need to please re-download the Ultimate Fix because the one you have us out of date. Smile Download via the mirror link! Check the .pdf file once it is downloaded and make sure it is dated 31-10-3013!
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Dec 2013, 10:35

Yey, now I have the 31-10-2013 update!

Thank you Sephymuffins for everything!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Wed 11 Dec 2013, 19:36

Hello,

You're very welcome!  If you ever decide to install new expansions, remember to apply the manual patch afterwards and then the ultimate fix again.  Now that you have the updated version, your game should work great!  If you need any further assistance or have any other questions, feel free to make a new thread within the forum!

Happy Simming!  The Sims Plumbob 1

Topic closed.  Wink
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top